Sangat Television Allegedly Poaching And Bribing Sikh Channel'S Presenters And Staff

PrabhKaSimran

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Message to Admin; The original link is no longer online but I can try to get a copy of letter and scan it in for my brothers and sisters who question it's credibility.

If you watch 847 now you can see Rana and Avtar Singh doing a live show that use to be on Sikh Channel called miri piri at the exact same time (this is no coincidence). I'm fully aware Sikh Channel are not saints but is this what our beautiful guru khalsa panth has come to? Will they continue competing with each other by playing dirty politics and trying to get a upper hand (while our fellow sikhs continue converting to other religions and cults).

All these old wedge, power hungry, useless political fools who have been fighting with each other over the last 27 years are exploiting these channels. These very people claimed (live on air) that they are very loyal to Sikh Channel for the last 2 years and simply switched to Sangat TV on their first live show.

I have very close inside links with both Sikh Channel and Sangat Tv and brothers and sisters don't be fooled thinking they have Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Sikhi at interest.

Sikhi will never grow if Sikh's cannot learn to love and respect each other.

Please forgive me in advance if any offence taken.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I was shocked to see Rana on Sangat TV as he seemed so loyal to sikh channel. But anyways its not difficult to make out that he is Badal's man. He hosted so many programs with Advocate Inderjit Sangha who is Badal's Uk head on sikh channel. I can't see how such people can be asset to any channel. These people just mislead people into believing they are very knowledgable on sikhi and then slowly introduce their political master's agenda. Sikh channel is not all OK but I can say they keep things balanced very well. They expose bitter truths of punjab boldly in panthic way. They hold really good talk shows both in punjabi and english, both for old and young. I do get annoyed when they have some people who just can't hear anything against Badal , but then thats just a tiny part which is not so difficult to ignore.

And on Sangat TV on inaugration day of live programming Rana hosted show with that badal's man Inderjit Singh Sangha. Not sure how that can be good for Sangat channel or sikhs. I think its a shame for Sangat channel that they needed people like rana and Sangha on their very first day of live programming. And this guy Inderjit Sangha never introduces himself as Badal's Uk head just so that people trust what he says before he starts infiltrating anything with "accomplishments" of Badal in Punjab.

Sikh TV on the other hand is becoming more of a cultural channel rather than sikh channel. I have seen punjabi filmi songs on it.

Rana's ok but he suits the over censored approach of sangat tv anyway. Let's see if the competition of these 2 channels produce better quality presenters. Sikh tv on the other hand need to buck up, they're cashing in on gagandip singh's death, but once that's over they've nothing much to offer.

I think we'll be just left with Sikh Channel and Sangat Tv and the competitive streak should help produce better quality of programmes.

Just to make the Sangat aware. Sangat Television are not poaching Sikh Channel Presenters and Staff...

If you really want to know the REAL story, then why not phone into the Sangat TV studio?

0121 760 0000... Simple :)

Please do not run after hearsays...

Also, all presenters have left on their OWN will. No force has been given by Sangat Television.

I believe it is best to keep quiet.

That's shocking, I was surprised when Miri-Piri Veechar was not LIVE on Thursday last week.

It is good for the Panth to have multiple media channels, but it is not very good to see presentors who were the first on Sikh Channel when it started to switch completely to some another channel?

Better Pay/remuneration/Chaudhar?

I couldn't agree with you more. For example if you watch all 3 channels at 12:30pm on weekends you will see Sukhmani Sahib is on all three channels - what is the point of duplicate programming? A major problem is that we have so many brothers and sisters who are great at posting messages on forums anonymously and expect great programming (while sitting on the sofa) but are not prepared to bend backwards to help make an impact. I feel all of the channels are completing missing the point and are not addressing the real issues like;

a. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1oU4AquonQ

b.

c. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7-QTm4N44c

Power, money and corruption has killed us.

Self made leaders like Kulwant Singh Dhesi and Ranjit Singh Rana (ex Sikh Channel presenters and now presenters of Sangat TV) absolutely despise each other and would never do a show together (they don't even say Fateh) - is this the behaviour of true Sikhs? I was shocked this week when I learnt Sangat TV are planning to film Ravi Shankar in concert - how is this helping sustain and grow Sikhi? The majority of the trustees at Sangat TV (who pay £5k a month) are puppets of Badal - you will see for yourselves when they never give any coverage to killings of innocent Sikhs in Punjab jails. Sikh Channel also really needs to pick up their game by making more professional content to cater for British born Sikhs.

I was watching the programme 'Peoples People' on Sangat TV when the kickboxer was interviewed, which had zero relevance to Sikhi. Both the interviewer and guest had uncovered cut hair - is this what we have come to? What message is this giving to it's viewers? Khalsa ji (RSingh96) please check your sources, as I have spoken personally with individuals who have been under pressure by Lakha, Randhir, Malhi, etc for the past 6 months to leave Sikh Channel and join forces with Sangat TV.

Sikhi will never ever grow and go forwards if we cannot love each other and become one. Do we really need 3 channels who appear to have the exact same content? We all need to get involved and help as much as possible by placing pressure on our channels to highlight the real issues Sikhs are everyday.

As always, please forgive me in advance if any offence taken by any of my brothers and sisters.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

These "personalities" will move around the tv channels like self-appointed professors of the Sikh faith like the oldtimers who sit in the gurdwara or town centre bench gossiping all day. I have seen the same faces on all three Sikh channels and MATV / Venus / DM Digital when those channels have Sikhi / Ravidassia programmes. The only one truth that they can't change is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and that Gurbani is the same wherever they go. Many are lost in their own fake egos and think aligning themselves with financial or political power makes them clever and spokes persons for the community. Lets just see what they do when PTC Punjabi launches soon or who knows if ZEE Punjabi goes free, could happen :)Or when a certain businessman I know launches 3 new channels where at least one maybe religiously based and funded by the other radio/tv channels which this independant company owns lets see who tries to jump ship then! I can say without reservation as I know they definitely won't be welcome there when they have all too readily shown their true colours. Waheguru

These "personalities" will move around the tv channels like self-appointed professors of the Sikh faith like the oldtimers who sit in the gurdwara or town centre bench gossiping all day. I have seen the same faces on all three Sikh channels and MATV / Venus / DM Digital when those channels have Sikhi / Ravidassia programmes. The only one truth that they can't change is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and that Gurbani is the same wherever they go. Many are lost in their own fake egos and think aligning themselves with financial or political power makes them clever and spokes persons for the community. Lets just see what they do when PTC Punjabi launches soon or who knows if ZEE Punjabi goes free, could happen :)Or when a certain businessman I know launches 3 new channels where at least one maybe religiously based and funded by the other radio/tv channels which this independant company owns lets see who tries to jump ship then! I can say without reservation as I know they definitely won't be welcome there when they have all too readily shown their true colours. Waheguru

I have cable not sky so cant watch the 3 sikh channels, but i have zee punjabi it has good sikhi related shows. I know it is a cultural punjabi channel but nearly half of the day is dedicated to sikhi programmes.

I had sort of developed lot of respect for people such as Sardar Rana Jee, and others - but switching like this (even if there was some battle or politics) when they were the founder presentors looks very dodgy to me.

It gives a basic thinking nod to me "They (founder presentors of SikhChannel) were not able to close their issues by discussing them in a room". They took a decision of leaving it and joining another similar body. This is a professional world and people are free to join which ever organisation they want; but if this is voluntary religious service (What we call as SEWA) - I will be surprised taking this analogous to "I will not go to Gurudwara XXX because I have issues with Management comitte of Gurudwara XXX and from now on I will go to Gurudwara YYY".

Some people might not like my comment - but a fundamental question I have is "Is this going to be the case even if we would have a Khalistan?" If there are some internal differences/problems, set down and resolve

OR

Jatt will require a Jattistan/Khatri will require Khatristan/Develop new Kingdoms "Majhwa/Malwa/Deoba" as we can't sit together and resolve our difference and so on ...

I really don't know how many organisations we want to create OR how many Sikh Channels we want to create OR in how much pieces we want to divide the land ...

I think Zee Punjabi Anchor(s) Gurpreet Singh and Manjeet Kaur on Programme "Ek Onkar" now look more honest and versed with GurSikhi teachings to me as compared to Sikh Channel/Sangat TV presentors; who talk mostly on Politics/"Nindya" BLAH BLAH; although the above mentioned Zee Punjabi anchors are quite young ....

I have never seen these channels presenting Janam Saakhi of Guru Nanak Dev Jee/Guru Gobind Singh jee Or any such thing as Sau Saakhi on an evening program ... Most of it is just Politics, if this is what one will be discussing all the time, this is what the personal traits will become and hence "KLAH-KALESH" in one's own life will be similar only ...

Sangat TV - Agents of Badal - won't be surprised. They don't mention anything about 84Genocide OR Sikh torture - won't be surprised - Badal group has money to easily fund and start 20+ such channels in UK. I haven't seen Sangat TV asking for Funds but SikhChannel and Sikh TV are always in need of funds - which looks quite honest as they might not be backed by a corrupt political block ...

I will fully support SikhChannel now and all new presentors including the young one's hosting show over on SikhChannel; I really want these oldies always spreading hatred and corrupt political entities to be boycotted; although I am a small entitiy; and this is the best I can do -just wish good for Panth and Sikhi and boycott of these corrupt political oldies ...