Sangat Television Allegedly Poaching And Bribing Sikh Channel'S Presenters And Staff

PrabhKaSimran

I came across the below letter on the net (addressed to bhai sahib mohinder singh gnnsj from sikh channel)

-----

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru je ki Fateh

Sikh Channel is concerned by underhand and aggressive competitive practices in recent days by Sangat TV and humbly requests your advices.

As a learned and leading figure in the Sikh community respected widely and by all at Sikh Channel and also as the figurehead and Public Leader of Sangat TV we wish to draw your attention to concerns which you will not be aware of.

Sangat TV is positioning itself as a direct competitor and engaging in underhand practices to interfere with the Peoples Channels broadcast and programming. Please clarify:

1. Sangat TV sees Sikh Channel as a direct competitor and are now engaged in aggressive practices towards the People’s Channel programming.

2. Five senior Sangat TV representatives visited the home of one of our Regular Guest Presenters and requested he leave Sikh Channel and join Sangat TV

3. Sikh Channel Presenter has been enticed by financial reward greater than offered by Sikh Channel to present an identical programme to that featured on Sikh Channel thereby infringing intellectual copyright and programming format.

We seek your guidance upon Sangat TV, which has you as a figurehead; please confirm if Sangat TV is involved in a campaign of attrition against The Sikh’s Channel. We have had the kind pleasure of your company and know that you as a very Learned Sikh would not condone any such practices however your subordinates may be acting without your authority.

The Sikh Channel is bound to bring all matters before the public and will consider publicising the underhand and direct competitive policy of Sangat TV who are determined to copy and duplicate our programming and go further by actively poaching our established presenters.

Please clarify Sangat TV policy in this respect, if this indeed is the case, the Sikh Channel will meet with full force this direct and despicable conduct.

It would be unfortunate to have this anti panthic anti ekta situation of direct competition brought about by the actions of Sangat TV. We have not approached any presenter or regular Guest upon Sangat TV and had hoped you would offer alternative and differing programming to provide the Sikh Community with a choice. However Sangat TV seems determined to duplicate and poach Sikh Channel presenters and programming.

Please clarify the position of Sangat TV in order that we may present it before the viewers of The Sikh Channel and respond accordingly.

Moreover please note The Sikh Channel, all its Sevadars have the deepest respect, regard and admiration for you personally.

Kindly confirm. Many thanks.

Gur Fateh Parvan.

Sevadar on behalf of Sikh Channel

We can back-fire at Sikh Channel, as they did register the domain "Sangat.TV" which 'cleverly' re-directs to SikhChannel.TV

Fishy or Coincidence?

This was registered 25 June 2010, when the Sangat was told that another Sikh TV Channel will be releasing shortly...

Supposdly, named "Sangat Television".

Yes, the above all seems to be speculation. Unless, the writer of the letter, and the presenter mentioned, comes forward, it could be totally made up.

I sorry, but at the moment your post could be seen as a ploy to split Sikhs up in general, and break any existing unity of the Sikh Channels, and the Sangat who watch those channels!

Without anyone seeing the letter headed correspondence, it could all be made up!

how did you come across the letter?

Are you able to scan the letter and post it on this tread!

Yes, the above all seems to be speculation. Unless, the writer of the letter, and the presenter mentioned, comes forward, it could be totally made up.

I sorry, but at the moment your post just seems to be a ploy to split Sikhs up in general, and break any existing unity of the Sikh Channels, and the Sangat who watch those channels!

Without anyone seeing the letter headed correspondence, it sounds to me like you're just making it up!

Who are you? and how did you come across the letter?

Are you able to scan the letter and post it on this tread!

Nicely said! It's quite funny how "PrabhKaSimran" joins SikhSangat TODAY, and posts this 'mysterious' letter... :ph34r:

Benti to admin, please trace I.P address and see if its matches any existing user. :)

You don't need to reveal the I.P address, just the the Sangat know, yes or no. :D

----

If this following quote is true, then why does one need to create a NEW account, just to post this? ;)

I came across the below letter on the net (addressed to bhai sahib mohinder singh gnnsj from sikh channel)

Also, please provide "I came across the below letter on the net", link to source.

and yet sangat tv said they were not going to get politicians involved anyway.

Sikh Channel approached sangat tv not long ago wanting to join forces, sangat tv in brief said they will think about it and let sikh channel know - sikh channel releases a statement saying they have joined and sangat tv will close down in december.

Sangat TV got upset and said NO waayyyy - as sikh channel was lying and just doing a publicity stunt.

Thats all sikh channel is good at, publicity stunts.

Why dont all three channels cover sonia gandhis visit and host dialogue with her and make a show on the attrocities commited by her mother not only on sikhs but everyone else.

Election fraud,

Served imprisonment,

Who was she married to? what waas he?

I urge all of the REAL Sikh minority on this board not to get entangled into this petty argument that we are seeing everywhere at this time we have a much bigger challenge at hand like releasing a REAL puritan Sikh Channel without the bribes underhand tacttics and politicking

There are some very very wealthy gursikhs that will agree with me on this believe me when I tell you these two or three channels are going to be left in the dust by the new channels if they attempt to manipulate or mislead the panth in any way as will any person connected to these channels.

:waheguru: :waheguru: :waheguru: :waheguru: :waheguru: