Sikh Attitude Towards Jyotish(Astrology)

gurmukhsodhi

Whilst I don't have the direct experience of Daasakedas, I will say that any spiritually enlightened Sant or Mahapurash who has these abilities BUT directs you towards Gurmat principles and a Gursikh way of life, has to be respected. Am I right or do ALL people with such abilities (frauds or not) need to be shunned by Sikhs?

It is possible for a learned person (mystic) to use a name and date of birth to get key information about someone, but other tools have to be used to get a more accurate reading.

The mystic, if he is Gurmukh will have to either develop their psychic ability through Gurbani or be given the gift by a Mahapursh. In reality Everyone is born with psychic power but as we grow up and get trapped into the maya of the world we end up limiting ourselves.

There are people out there who have de-mystified Sikhi because they have read a few books and have listened to someone's opinion.

There are those people who say that a Gursikh shouldn't turn to anything other than Gurbani, however I am of the opinion that Gurbani alone would only work if the Gursikh is VERY PURE (KHALSA) and untouched by Kalyug. I am afraid to say that such Gursikhs are few and far between if non-existent.

no no i think u have misunderstood what i ask. My question was is a sant able to see ur future and past and how duki u are from just looking at u and just ur name? no date of birth nothing else.

and only give u bani to read then should one go back to them after they told u for certain period, but didnt say come back. should u go back yourselves?

no no i think u have misunderstood what i ask. My question was is a sant able to see ur future and past and how duki u are from just looking at u and just ur name? no date of birth nothing else.

and only give u bani to read then should one go back to them after they told u for certain period, but didnt say come back. should u go back yourselves?

It is possible for a sant to find out some info from your name only because they look at the letters and do some internal calculations (whilst reciting some bani in their head). If the sant has revealed something that only you know about yourself then yes go back and check out what else he/she can tell you. But the minute he starts adding strange twists into it or starts demanding money or other favours then step away.

• 6 years later...