Sign in to follow this  
Khalasthan86

Can Non-Amritdharis Wear A Banaa?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Can Non-Amritdharis Wear A Banaa?

Because, I spoke to someone, and he said

that Banaa has been worn even before Vaisakhi 1699.

So, can we still wear a Banaa, if we are not

Amritdhari?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Guest SarabjeetSingh

What exactly is a baana ? ( the word baana is used too frequently here )

Is it kurta pyjama ?

or kacchera alone ?

or does one wear a chola ?

You see, do you mean non-Amritdhaari as in someone who hasn't got Kes or a Dhaari, or someone who is in Sikhi saroop but hasn't taken Amrit?

You see, do you mean non-Amritdhaari as in someone who hasn't got Kes or a Dhaari, or someone who is in Sikhi saroop but hasn't taken Amrit?

I meant, someone who is in Sikhi saroop but hasn't taken Amrit.

RSingh96 veeray, today people do tons of things. Doesn't mean everything is right. If someone is wearing Bana before taking Amrit, it means that they are really close to taking Amrit. I started wearing all 5 kakaars 10 weeks before taking Amrit. It helps a lot. No one told me its wrong because they knew I was serious. But if people wear the Bana or kakaars only to show off then thats plain wrong. I have heard about people who wear kirpan without taking Amrit. They wear it for a while, then take it off, then put it again when they feel like and then again remove it, as if it was an ID card you wear to work and then remove it when you are home. Bana and kakaars are something serious, and should be worn only if you have the intention of getting used to them, and that happens if you are about to take Amrit in the VERY near future. No other reason can be good enough.

RSingh96 veeray, today people do tons of things. Doesn't mean everything is right. If someone is wearing Bana before taking Amrit, it means that they are really close to taking Amrit. I started wearing all 5 kakaars 10 weeks before taking Amrit. It helps a lot. No one told me its wrong because they knew I was serious. But if people wear the Bana or kakaars only to show off then thats plain wrong. I have heard about people who wear kirpan without taking Amrit. They wear it for a while, then take it off, then put it again when they feel like and then again remove it, as if it was an ID card you wear to work and then remove it when you are home. Bana and kakaars are something serious, and should be worn only if you have the intention of getting used to them, and that happens if you are about to take Amrit in the VERY near future. No other reason can be good enough.

no point in arguing, so to conclude this, would i be right in saying this.

Bana is not supposed to be worn by non-Amritdharis. Fullstop.

What exactly is a baana ? ( the word baana is used too frequently here )

Is it kurta pyjama ?

or kacchera alone ?

or does one wear a chola ?

headgear-people-india-nihang-golden.jpeg

notice, how it isnt a kurta pyjama...

and its not a kachera alone either...

Bana. 'Chola' with Kachera.

The sole reason, I posted this was, that basically, where I live

I seen loads of Non-Amritdharis (Sikhi Saroop, not Amrithdhari)

in Banaa.

And, if you live in my area, you might remember a group of

moneh in Banaa. with Orange Patke LOL

No one is arguing. If you want to tell them not to wear Bana, go right ahead.

sorry, i didnt mean, like it to sound u like was arguing. :)

This, right here.

Veer ji

the link doesn't work but I'm posting an article about Bana...it is clear that it is more than a fashion, it is a mindset where you give all of yourself to Guru Granth and Guru Panth no reservations ...so logically if you hold back your head you are not in the mindset required

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/neela-bana-blue-uniform-nihang-singh