Gurbani For Kindle?

SunSingh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

I just got my Kindle a couple of weeks ago.. i've found it a bit tricky to read gurbani pdf's with it, mainly getting the zoom right.. though it depends on the formatting of the pdf and your eyesight. Personally, i wouldn't buy it just to use as an electronic Gutka sahib.

But if you want to read ebooks too, by all means, get it.. the e-ink screen is nice and the battery lasts forever.

Hope that helps..

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

thanks for the reply. what about if you set it to landscape orientation? how it for reading gutka sahib pdf's and pothian than?? I'm referring to pothian from gursevak.com and gutkas similar to those found on gurbanifiles.org.

I tried the nitnem pdfs on gurbanifiles.org.. it's not too bad. The font size in the pothia on gursevak.com is a bit small but readable if set in landscape orientation. There's also software to convert pdfs to .mobi files (which makes it possible to change the font size etc. on kindle), but unfortunately it doesn't recognize the gurmukhi fonts.

• 3 months later...

i bought the sony ebook reader. it's better than kindle b/c some files can be 'reflowed', meaning that the font size can be increased. it works on some bani fonts, not so well on others. i'm guessing it may have something to do with suing true type fonts, but i'm not sure. the gurbanifiles.org files can all be read easily on sony or kindle. sony can reflow the text wiht no problem. kindle can zoom in on it in portrait mode as well as landscape for any file. but with kindle, some of the english translation may be cut off as the zoom gradations are very chunky and cannot be finetuned.

overall, i like sony b/c of easier navigation. kindle is a tiny bit nicer to read, but lacks touchscreen.

I wonder if the iPad is capable of displaying Gurbani files?

You can use iphone to read Gurbani, so i assume you can use an ipad. If you have Parth in a pdf format it will work on an iphone. You dont need to convert it neither. If you find files online you want to add to your phone you can email them to yourself, open the email via your phone and it will allow you to save the file in their ibooks app.

• 1 month later...

What about this Kindle Wireless? Has anybody used this later model. How's it fair with Gurbani apps and does anyone know if you could browse the web for Gurbani sites and those sites with Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on? Do you think the web browsing experience would be just like a small laptop?

:outofideas:

http://www.amazon.co...sl_3zzreglbfm_b