Prem Sumaarag Granth

alias

can this be posted on here? or cud somone email me pdf? thanks..

oh! and what is the history of this granth.

i think there is a section called 'mukat-nama' in the prem sumarag granth ( P:10)

but i may be wrong,, it cud be in the sau sakhiaa..

but is there a link for this granth prem sumarag P:10?

dont want no Mcleoeod translations plz..

thanks

i wouldnt waste your money on mate, its not very good. i read it and made these observations on it:

i have finished PS, and i have to say on the whole it was very boring, uninspiring and largely forgetable. There are snippets of gems but these are rarely remembered when the burden of "dharma" is placed on one's shoulders in the way that PS advocates. On the cover it says this is testimony of a sanatan sikh, and if this is so, then good luck to the sanatanis, cos they gonna need it.

Reading this largely made m feel that the procedures laid out were exactly the kind of stuff that Guru Nanak wanted us to forget, largely worship or karam which is meaningless. there is a great focus on numbers and amounts which dont really mean anything.

Some of the things that i find objectionable to the teachings of the Gurus:

On the birth of a boy, the proscribed rehit is to take place after 7 days, but for girls after 9 days. why 2 extra days?

The wedding cost has been set to 25% of the brides father's assets. why 25 %?

Widows remarriage is ideally avoided, according to PS, whereas Guru Amardas favoured remarriage.

why should widows have to jump through fire to get remarried? Who made these guys Ram Chander?

why are widows told their remarriage will be disgraceful?

The bride groom should wear gold ankle chains? why ? to look like a gay?

A bridegroom should have for his bride on the wedding day, a burka, tight pants. why?

it says after a body has been cremated, khande ki pahul should be sprinkled on the ashes and unburnt bones of the deceased. for what?

widows should only eat once every day, and salt is to be avoided.

the singing of kirtan for the deceased varies from age to age.

a man who has relations with woman other than his wife(or wives) should be fined 500 rupees. why so excessive? 500 rupees in that time, who could pay that kind of money?

It gives license to keep people as slaves whereas the history that runs parallel to this PS bears witness to the contrary.

also saying that Kings should encourage brothels to avoid unmarried relationships.

I could add more.

On the plus side of this PS :

techniques of Simran.

the responsibilites of caring for the body is excellent.

the way of sahaj yog gives valuable information on living.

you can find these in any good book on gurmat so apart from these i can see why this granth was forgotten.

you can read more into this discussion :

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=12911&st=0

Buy it..

What has happend to Sikhs these says? Its really rare that i come across a Sikh who actually reads books... nowadays they want everthing in short form and online

this is so true!! :rolleyes:

im one of these..

id rather have a usb than a full blown book..

:BL:

so its defo not online then??

• 2 months later...

buy rehit namey , edited by Prof Pyara Singh Padam for any bookseller in amritsar

it contains all main rehatnameys of hazoori sikhs ( lived in company of dasam Patshah)

Other source amy be publications od Punjabi university and bhasha Vibhag ( dept of Langauges)

Punjab sarkar