Beadbi At Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham

RamgarhiaBoy

Fateh all,

It's good that people taking interest in Beadbi issues, especially party halls. However, parties have been happening at Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham for at least 10 years - way before Edinburgh and Grays. Committee promotes them. All Committee cares about is money - they charge £700 a party, money goes to Gurdwara and you get drunks going through the Gurdwara car park. They even held a Sikh Channel "National Panth Time" there with all the so-called big-time Sikh leaders, and no-one raised a voice of objection.

Most of local Sangat is apathetic nowadays. Some Singhs tried to stop it a few years ago, but they weren't enough in number and they backed off after the Committee accused them having issues against the Ramgarhia caste. I'm Ramgarhia myself, but the rest of Sangat who I speak with are not willing to act. It's time national Sangat dealt with this issue.

Fateh all,

It's good that people taking interest in Beadbi issues, especially party halls. However, parties have been happening at Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham for at least 10 years - way before Edinburgh and Grays. Committee promotes them. All Committee cares about is money - they charge £700 a party, money goes to Gurdwara and you get drunks going through the Gurdwara car park. They even held a Sikh Channel "National Panth Time" there with all the so-called big-time Sikh leaders, and no-one raised a voice of objection.

Most of local Sangat is apathetic nowadays. Some Singhs tried to stop it a few years ago, but they weren't enough in number and they backed off after the Committee accused them having issues against the Ramgarhia caste. I'm Ramgarhia myself, but the rest of Sangat who I speak with are not willing to act. It's time national Sangat dealt with this issue.

well bhai Sahib i think youve been blessed with the Seva of getting contact numbers getting address writting cover letters if you could provide pictures of the halls so we can take this further

Ramgarhia Sikh Temple Birmingham B1 3LA >Tel: 0121 236 5435

Any photos? Evidence...?

As the subject has now been brought up, the Sikh residents of Birmingham will be well aware of the Jassa Singh Ramgharia Hall around the corner from the main Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in the city centre. I suppose rather than needing pictures, just call the Gurdwara on 0121 236 5435. Ask for a booking for a party in the Hall and ask them if meat, alcohol is allowed. You'll get your proof, the committee don't hide the fact that they allow all these anti Sikh activities on their property named after a mahan Gursikh panthic icon like dhan dhan Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia. It's hypocrisy at it's worst and certainly needs addressing.

Maybe its time for UK sangat to focus on taking this one forward. Don't drag this one out by asking for "proof" etc, it's open knowledge. Ask anyone in Bham or visit the Hall on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening when a party is going on.

These activities at Ramgharia Gurdwara, Graham St, Birmingham do need addressing, partcularly as the committee project themselves forward on many panth related situations on the Sikh Channel.

post-1234-000595600 1290181049_thumb.jpg

I've just called and can confirm that when i tried to book the hall for a party i was told to come to the Gurdwara or call tommorrow between 7 and 8pm.

I then asked the gentlemen, if i was to book the hall would meat/alcohol be barred (not allowed)? The gentlemen said - "no, not at all...you can eat meat, drink alcohol and do bhangra to your hearts content here"

The most ironic thing is that guys first word when he spoke to me was...Vaheguroo

Fateh all,

I don't understand how a sikh could partake in this beadbi. The gianis who readily allow this are prostituting themselves for money and nothing less.

Fateh all,

Regarding the Sikh Channel, well thats really no suprise- If they know what goes down there and film there then there really are no words.

What happened to at least boycotting if exposing this is too much? The Sikh Channel has so much power to do good. Spreading gurbani has already been done, its great seva and all but so much more can be achieved with it's power.

Sikh Channel kissing the asses of so called sikh politicians will only get you so far. Please challenge and fight for truth and justice in the name of god or change your name to "The Manmukh Lovers Channel."

There seems to be a major lack of respect for Sikhi from the majority of Ramgaria sangat. The older men in this caste seem to only want to be half sirdar. I know 35+ Ramgaria men with turbans but trimmed beards. It's not right guys especially when your over the agesof 50 your senior figures of our Sikhi com so portray the full image and show the younger generations how it's done.

General Secretary Gurcharan Bahra had absolutely no hesitation in offering dates for booking parties earlier this evening. Meat and alcohol on Gurdwara premises? No problem. He said that there were loads of other issues for the Panth to resolve first, so the Gurdwara hall hosting parties was OK!!! Anyone wanting to pay their 200 pound non-refundable booking fee for a party should make their cheque payable to "Ramgarhia Sikh Temple".

If anyone wants to confirm/get evidence, please call direct at the times mentioned above. They tell you all this unashamedly.

Tikka - this is not a caste issue. Let's not allow caste to become an issue amongst Gursikhs. Question is this: does the Gurdwara follow Guru's Maryada and Akal Takht Sahib's Sandesh regarding meat and alcohol? If not, it should not claim to be a Gurdwara, Guru Sahib's saroops should be taken away and Nishan Sahib should be taken down - SIMPLE!!!