BBC Explict Racism towards Sikhs - Act Now

TuheeTuhee

Chris Addison: did you hear what the political opponent said of Nikki Haley who's the victorious republican candidate for the governor of Florida, who's of Sikh origin? …

Paul Merton: Some distrusts of the foreign.…

Chris Addison: well yup, you've put your finger pretty...… pretty near it. He said "we've already got one rag-head in the White House. We don't want another one in the governor's mansion" (and then showed the quote to the viewers). its towel head.... … (profanity)

Thank You Tuhee Tuhee. Clear Racism from the BBC's Chris Addison. Please complain to both

1 - BBC www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

2 – OFCOM https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

For further information on the BBC's Anti Sikh Agenda click http://www.sikhsanga...the-term-asian/

I have already complained, I will post it accordingly in due course.

BENTI TO ALL: SEND OFF A COMPLAINT, ITS ONLY 10 MINS OF YOUR LIVES.

If you are a turban wearing Sikh and occasionally get called 'rag head' and 'towel head' it is well worth mentioning this in your complaint.

Please forward via email and encourage all Sikhs to complain.

You guys should know. That presenter was probably reading a script off an autocue. That's how the show usually works with guest presenters.

Plus to that British public school sense of humour, they think they were actually taking the mick out of the Republican guy, not Sikhs. It is satirical. I think the point they are alluding to is that the Republican is so stupid he can't even get his racism right.

Chris Addison: did you hear what the political opponent said of Nikki Haley who's the victorious republican candidate for the governor of Florida, who's of Sikh origin? …

Paul Merton: Some distrusts of the foreign.…

Chris Addison: well yup, you've put your finger pretty...… pretty near it. He said "we've already got one rag-head in the White House. We don't want another one in the governor's mansion" (and then showed the quote to the viewers). its towel head.... … dickhead

Thank You Tuhee Tuhee. Clear Racism from the BBC's Chris Addison. Please complain to both

1 - BBC www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

2 – OFCOM https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

For further information on the BBC's Anti Sikh Agenda click http://www.sikhsanga...the-term-asian/

I have already complained, I will post it accordingly in due course.

BENTI TO ALL: SEND OFF A COMPLAINT, ITS ONLY 10 MINS OF YOUR LIVES.

If you are a turban wearing Sikh and occasionally get called 'rag head' and 'towel head' it is well worth mentioning this in your complaint.

Please forward via email and encourage all Sikhs to complain.

Khalsa Jeo the offcom link not working

You guys should know. That presenter was probably reading a script off an autocue. That's how the show usually works with guest presenters.

Plus to that British public school sense of humour, they think they were actually taking the mick out of the Republican guy, not Sikhs. It is satirical. I think the point they are alluding to is that the Republican is so stupid he can't even get his racism right.

Just because people find it funny that does not mean it should be tolerated.

it was clearly targeted at sikhs, because chris actually used the term 'sikh origin'. 'rag head' was in the script. 'towel head' was not. you are correct to say that they are taking the mick out of the republican, but at the same time Sikhs have been clearly targeeted by both the republican and chris addison. Also, Sikhs are called racist slurs such as towel head and rag head anyway.

Which ever way you choose to look at it, it is reinforcing racism. Chris Addison has promoted refering to Sikhs as towel heads. Imagine if the original slur was the republican calling a black person a 'monkey'... and chris addison responds by saying 'it is not monkey, it is n****r' ...... would you still believe Chris did not launch a racist attack on members of the black community?

@ tuhee tuhee ji, the link should be working now

:wacko:Oh come on , I beg of you all.....Please don't make all of us Sikhs look dumb by complaining. There's already loadsa people who think we're not very clever. Can you not understand the humour ? Can you not understand how the presenter is making a mockery of the racist Republican ?

I can understand our American and Canadian friends here not understanding irony in humour, but if my fellow English Sikhs here don't understand irony then I feel they might struggle to enjoy life here in this country because irony plays a major part in the humour.

:wacko:Oh come on , I beg of you all.....Please don't make all of us Sikhs look dumb by complaining. There's already loadsa people who think we're not very clever. Can you not understand the humour ? Can you not understand how the presenter is making a mockery of the racist Republican ?

I can understand our American and Canadian friends here not understanding irony in humour, but if my fellow English Sikhs here don't understand irony then I feel they might struggle to enjoy life here in this country because irony plays a major part in the humour.

please explain the difference between rag head and towel head????

west london singh just because you think other communities are okay with racist jokes targeted towards them doesnt mean sikhs have to start tolerating such jokes.turban jokes are offensive they will always be. gore dont understand what our dastaars mean to us.. thats because our own people start to disrespect dastaars and sikhi look at hard"kaur" look at those people that tie a pagh and lie on the roads drunk..

why do we try to fit in the society so much or learn the "society standards" why cant we be different and change the society as well..