Cutting Hair / Dandruff

Guest Guest

First of all they are different topics, just saves making a new thread.

Is it ok cut hair in the backside area due to ingrown hairs? (pilinoidal cyst), this is the doctor's recommendation, otherwise surgery would be required?

Secondly, I wear a turban everyday, but I get so much dandruff because of this, does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this nuisance?

Don't cut........try using candid Tv shampoo...........read gurbani.....do ardaas........WAHEGURU ji will help u.............

Wash hair 2 times in a week with candid Tv shampoo...........

Its not allow to cut hairs......also the Lower part of the hair contains more proteins........

I do believe this site has doctor members. Hopefully, they get back to you soon about this. However, in the meantime, if you are here for a spiritual advice, then I would say a sincere prayer to the Lord before Guru Sahib would do the job. I heard quite a few people say that if you do Sukhmani Sahib for 40 days, during the amrit vela,your ills cease to exist. You might want to give it a try. I strongely recommended you on NOT doing any harm to your hair as you'll be cutting down your spiritual 'wires' which connect you to Guru Sahib. It is then that all evils have their affect on you, therefore, don't harm your hair. Please don't harm them.

If your finger has a bruise on it, you apply ointment on it. You do not amputate it. I hope you understand what I mean. Suffering of the body is less painful than the suffering of being away from Guru Sahib. I speak from experience. So please take a wise decision.

Guest -*-Singh-*-

Dear OP

I had also very acute problem with dandruff. it only went away by washing my hear with normal shampoo (clinic plus). secondly, I use to apply coconut oil and retying my joora only once my hear were properly dry. thirdly, every day in evening when i use to take my pagg off i use to let my hear open for a while to dry any sweat etc.

This is a small problem, don't cut your hairs many of our ancestors gave their lives so that the future generations (us) can keep them without any pressure.

Thanks

Singh

dandruff can be solved using medicated shampoo and some sort of oil to restore moisture to the scalp.

don't cut the hairs, meditate on sri har krishan dhiaaeea jis dithay sabh dukh jai

Sarb rog ka aukhad naam

dass knows an elderly person who had fallen and displaced her hip. The doctors stated that she was too old to operate on and they could not help her. She would lose her balance and fall everytime she tried to stand. It was then that she placed her trust in Guru ji and began to continually meditate on the shabad ”Sree Hur Krishan dhi-aa-ee-ayy, Jis Ditt(h)ay Sab Dukh Jaa-ay!” After a few months she felt a current of energy in her leg and her hip was moved back into place – fixed as good as new!! Dass himself used the healing power of Gurbani for a pinched nerve near the spine. Everyday meditating on the above shabad for at least one mala (108 repetitions). After a few days the energy vibration in my back increased and the pain disappeared!!

It is important to always always always do ardass (a prayer) after any meditation, otherwise we may not see the full benefit from it. It’s also HUGELY more beneficial to meditate nishkaam (without worldly desires). In my case I didn’t ask for ending my pain or fixing the pinched nerve, I just meditated on the mantr, and afterwards did ardass of the same mantr (Sree Har Krishan Dhiaaeaye, Jis Ditthay Sub Dukh Jaa-aay). As you can clearly see, the power of Naam is not merely psychlogical as some nishardic (faithless) people claim.

If anyone suffers from great mental stress, continual meditation on gurmantr, mool mantr, or any Gurbani helps avoid the stress & it helps avoid the weakening of the mind the occurs from constant stress. An easy way is to download the Gareebi Nitnem from www.Gursevak.com and just play them in your ears 24/7.

Guru Ji told us not to dishonour our kes, but also not to dishonour our bodies. If a toe is diseased and becomes ischaemic, the only option is to remove it otherwise your body is at risk of infection. But we wouldn't say that this is against Sikhi. It's necessary in order to keep our body safe, clean and able to keep japping Naam. Therefore there shouldn't be a problem in getting the sinus operation for the same reason. But there is no doubt that Gurbani and a firm faith would do the job too, with a lot of dedication. But this would be the case whether it was an amputation or a pilonidal sinus.

(Med Student)