Questions As A Young Sikh Male.

'S'

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I posted a question recently on this site and I was misinterpreated as a Muslim. Infact I am a young Sikh male wanting to know more about Sikhi. I use the internet for the majority of the time, but when I cannot find anything on the topic then I use this site.

My question is, what will happen to people from other faiths after their death? For example, a Christian priest, Islamic molvi etc. These people follow their relgion strictly, but doing this are against the principles of Sikhi.

What is the Sikhi story to creation and the first people on earth?

EDIT: Why are peoples writing such as Kabir and Sheik Farid in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji aswell? And is wearing a Dastar mandatory, or just the convienient way to keep our Kesh maintained tidely?

Thank you, please forgive me if I have upset anyone by asking this question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Fateh!

I think everyone that follows their religion with a pure heart, follows it fully and is a good humanbeing all merge into waheguru ji.

but if all your life you acted like a good _________ (fill in religion) but didn't really believe in it or it was just an act, you won't merge into waheguru ji. or if you spent your life being a good ______ (fill in religion) but towards the end or part way through your mind starts to have doubts and you think another religion is how you'll reach Waheguru Ji, then I think waheguru ji gives you a chance to be reborn in that religion so you can merge into him.

you don't have to be a Sikh to meet waheguru ji

Bhaee Prapat Manukh Dehuria.

Gobind Milan Ki Eh Teri Baria.

Avar Kaaj Terai Kitai N Kaam.

Mil Saadhsangat Bhaj Keval Naam.

This is from Rehraas Sahib. We read it everyday.

These lines are saying this:

We have been given a human body.

This is our (one and only) chance to meet with Waheguru.

Why were we given this human body?

We were given this human body to meet with Sadhsangat and meditate on Waheguru's Naam (be it Waheguru for Sikhs, Allah for Muslims, Ram for Hindus, God for Christians, etc.).

Everything else (that distances you from Waheguru) is useless/fruitless.

If we medidate on God's name, we will ultimately merge with God (the number of lifetimes this may take may vary person to person).

Check out this Shabad - http://www.sikhitoth...p?ShabadID=1816.

It talks of the Bhagats (born into Hindu or Muslim religion) who medidated on God's Name and ultimately became one with God.

Hope that helped.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

~ Ek Chit Jeh Ik Shhin Dhiayo. Kaal Faas Ke Beech N Aayo.~

Then why take Amrit?

I meant you can follow other religions and still meet waheguru ji, Sikhi is not the only way.

it is important for Sikhs to take amrit because that is an important part of our religion without which you can't be considered Guru ka Sikh, hence can't meet Waheguru Ji because you didn't follow your relgion fully.

i hope that mkes sense. if i am wrong, please correct me

In his katha of Japji Sahib Gyani Thakur Singh says that if a good muslim, adhering to all aspects of islam reach paradise. however they after a period of time they are returned to the world.

Gyani Ji emphasises the need to meditate on naam, im assuming that Muslims dont do this. He says that a person who does good deeds, but who does not meditate on naam, upon entering sachkand are given a garland. each flower on the garland represents a good deed. slowly these flowers die and perish, and when all the good deeds have been exhausted through time in this way the person returns to the world.

But as Sikhs maharaj tells us to jap naam. in the mool mantar for example. so i guess its different for gursikhs.

He says that a person who does good deeds, but who does not meditate on naam, upon entering sachkand are given a garland. each flower on the garland represents a good deed. slowly these flowers die and perish, and when all the good deeds have been exhausted through time in this way the person returns to the world.

Wearing flowers in Sachkandh, really? I thought it was only hindu gods who wear these in their heavens/realms, and I thought only sikhs who have meditated on naam are allowed to enter sachkandh?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I posted a question recently on this site and I was misinterpreated as a Muslim. Infact I am a young Sikh male wanting to know more about Sikhi. I use the internet for the majority of the time, but when I cannot find anything on the topic then I use this site.

My question is, what will happen to people from other faiths after their death? For example, a Christian priest, Islamic molvi etc. These people follow their relgion strictly, but doing this are against the principles of Sikhi.

What is the Sikhi story to creation and the first people on earth?

EDIT: Why are peoples writing such as Kabir and Sheik Farid in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji aswell? And is wearing a Dastar mandatory, or just the convienient way to keep our Kesh maintained tidely?

Thank you, please forgive me if I have upset anyone by asking this question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Fateh!

All religions have some aspect of Truth in them (we'll spell this with a capital T). This Truth is the path to God. Some religions have more of it, some have less of it. how much your soul moves forward spiritually is determined by God's grace and how much you live your life in alignment with Truth. Those who follow principles of Truth will eliminate bad karam, gain good karam, and probably gain a better next life. Muslims etc will go to heaven. After using up a lot of good deeds, they will then come back to earth.

all the heavens, hellls, earth are within maya. Sach khand, which is our ultimate destination, is outside of this. When all of one's karma is used up, one gains mukti from life and death. Only those who are mukt can go to sach khand.

Bhagat Kabir ji and Sheikh Farid ji (eventually) fully lived their life in accordance with Truth, they achieved mukti. They were great saints and their writing has teachings for us to live in line with Truth as well, which is why it is included.

Wearing a dastar is mandatory in our dharm. All dharms have rules etc which are designed as part of an outer wrapping to protect the internal kernal of spirituality from being destroyed.

What Guptkuri is trying to say is- some people don't recognize themselves as Sikhs, yet they follow Sikhi. Sikhi is universal, patalaa pataal lakh agasaa gaas. Anywhere in the Universe, Sikhi is true.

Taking Amrit is initiation into the Khalsa Panth and for someone who follows Guru Sahibs everyone should take Amrit.

Here is what I have understood from other GurSikhs. I am not any authority so please feel to disagree or point out mistakes.

Everyone gets what they aim for. Hindus worship deities and wish to reach the lok (realm) of that deity. Muslims and Christians aim for heaven. A good Hindu/Muslim/Christian does manage to achieve what he/she aspires for as a result of good deeds and the best way they follow their faith. A Sikh's ultimate destination is Sachkhand, i.e. union with Akaal Purakh Vaheguroo as SunSingh also stated. Realms, heavens and hells are temporary motels where you go, enjoy the rewards of your good deeds (flowers as raja pointed out), and then you are back to destination earth. Unlike Semitic religions, we don't condemn non-Sikhs to eternal damnation (permanent hell). Rather, we believe that they get what they aim for.

I am no one to say what is the best way or what is not, but for me its Sikhi. I believe it is the only true way because it is for me. Bhai Gurdas Jee has clearly said "Nanak Nirmal Panth Chalaya", meaning that Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj started a flawless way of life. Amrit is something even Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj took. If all religions are equal, if all lead to God, why would Sikhi come to this planet in the first place?

At the end of the day, all you guys and ladies are free to believe in what you want to and choose to believe in. Its your life, and your relationship with Gurujee. Whatever you believe in will decide your consequences in the afterlife. So choose wisely.