::: MY GURBANI QUOTE :::

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Truth is not so much a destination as it is a realization. And absolution is the purest form of that realization. Just as a well represents the presence of water, so are our minds, the indication of some point of absolution of truth.

With each interpretation each of us makes through the great words of the Tenth and Supreme Guru Granth Sahib ji, and from the 9 Gurujis that preceded, we can extract some truth from each interpretation and slowly one day, we will converge to some point. Waheguru is truth, Waheguru is the realization of absolution. Seek truth not only in the words of the Gurbani, some Sanata Sikhs have taught that the virtue of absolution can be found in every place, even those most admonished by the holy. A filament of truth lies in each person, just as the essence of Waheguru.

In one of the Hukamnamas it is written "The mountains a part of the creation, Nanak sees the creator in a blade of grass."

Incredible, isn't it? Something we all take for granted so quickly as a mere blade of grass has the will and force of Waheguru acting through it all times. And something as seemingly insignificant as a drop of water in an ocean contains the sheer will of our great Creator and the unified power to Create such an incredible universe.

Veerjio and Bhanjio I entreat you, let us look as far as Waheguru is willing to see the truths in the ink that runs through our beloved Gurbani, and the resulting humanity that flows through in the blood that run through our veins.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I'm not very new, but my quote is still invigorating.

Aae Mil Gursikh Aae Mil
Come, join with me, O Sikh of the Guru, come and join with me... You are my Guru's Beloved.

To me this quote is a calling to each and every person on this planet, who Waheguru views as Sikh of the Guru at heart. Calling them to meditate on HIS name, and find the truth together as one. It to me represents seva on one's part to introduce the principles of Waheguru to others, because it exists in every aspect of everyones lives.

Those who seek the truth will find Waheguru and we will join at that point of absolution regardless of what paths we come from.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Okay so my quote has changed to the following shabad:

"Hau kyaa saalaahee kiram janth"

The entire pankiti is:

"Hau kyaa saalaahee kiram janth vadee thayree vadeaaee"

This is a shabad in Mahala 2, Guru Angad Dev Ji, on Ang 792 of Guru Granth Sahib.

hau kyaa = what is there, what can, how can

saalaahee = praise, give praise, I praise

kiram = keeRaa, ant, worm

janth = being

vadee = big, huge, great

thayree vadeaaee = your praise

What can a lowly worm like me say to praise you Waheguru? Your praise is beyond words - it is limitless and profound.

^_^

vaheguruuu

diamond and khalsapreet thanks so much! i lowe readin your guys's posts..

ooh boy, i'm really gonna need help with this one

mai andhulay ki tekh tera naam khundkaaraa

uh oh..

k..

mai- me..

andhulay -- uhhh

ki -- uhmm.. either WHAT? or... possessive pronoun?

Tek -- uhh

Tera- YOURS :wub:

Naam - Name (yess! i got that one!)

Khundkaara -- uhhh.. i'm gonna guess like... khundkaara means incredible...amazing.. limitless.. beautiful?

helppp!!

mai andhulae kee tek tera naam khundkara isn't that... i don't know what andhulae means but tek is like sarnaaee isn't it? protection? something like that?

all i know is tera naam khundkara means 'your name is my support' or my anchor - not really support as in "aadhaar" but like... my anchor, my strength

mam pritpaaran jai teygung!!!! woohoo!!!

jai jai jag kaaran srist ubaran mam pritpaaran jai teygung

tegung comes from TEGH, it's like the sword/tegh, you know, deg + teg = fateh? it's that kind of tegh.. But I think in this context it means Sword..

Jai tegung = hail the sword :D :wub:

Mum Pritpaaran = pritpaaran is like to paal something, to take care of it, what does mum mean?

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

You should listen to this tuk sung by Bibi Indermohan Kaur Jee at the Rensabhai in UK few months ago.

CLASS !!

mehtab singh... take a look at your own gurbani quote...

"Amrit Rasnaa Peeo Pyaaree"

it's a sign :e:

anyways

Eethai Oothai Ghat Ghat Ghat Ghat Thoo(n)hee Thoo(n)hee Mohinaa

eethai oothai: i think its like here and there... like edhar odhar

ghat ghat ghat ghat: no idea... ghat means less doesnt it? how does that fit with the tuk?

too(n)hee too(n)hee: you

Mohinaa: mohan means god... is mohinaa just a variation of the word?

helppp :wub: