Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

choola is usally given to people of young age who's parents are amrit dhari or people who will be becoming amritdhari. an amritdhari cant eat out of the same plate or drink from the same glass as a non amritdhari. this is considered jhoota. u take choola when all the new amritdharis have lined up to sip out of the sarab loh bhata and one who wants to take choola drinks out of the same bhata as the new amritdharis so there is jhoot within in the two. and u are also promising to take amrit later on. if some one has takin choola, an amritdhari can eat out of the same plate or drink from the same glass as them.

BHUL CHUUK MAAF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

VJKK! VJKF!

so u dont have to wear punj kakkars, and get up early and do paath, and you're allowed to eat meat and cut your hair??? 

I was searching for Amrit related stuff and came across this... can neone plz elaborate on choola?

VJKK! VJKF!

WJKK WJKF!!

ISnt it just a way 2 perpare some1 4 amrit form a young age? or even old age.. u know, biuld up the commitment inside u as well as outside

Thats my opinion, as stupid as it may sound blush.gif

WJKK WJKF

I once asked the akj.org aks us forum the same question this is the answer I got:

Author: AskUsAdmin

Date: 09-10-04 15:43

It is our understanding that the concept of choola is unnecessary and redundant. The Guru-roop Punj Piare evaluate every abhilakhee that appears before them to decide if the person is worthy of receving the daat of Amrit. Once selected the person is given Amrit regardless of age, sex, cast, colour or creed.

In some Jathebandees, a choola is sometimes given by the Punj to a child who is too young to wear all kakars and recite nitnem banis. In all Akhand Kirtani Jatha organized Amrit Sinchaar programs that we are aware of, Amrit is administered even to small children. It is our firm belief that many souls take birth in human form only to receive Amrit. There have been numerous instances where the child left the human body soon after receiving the boon of amrit. Keeping this in mind, Amrit is given to all abhilakhees using the same vidhi (technique) that Amrit is supposed to be given by including Naam drirh.

In Chapter 6 - "Supernatural Power of Amrit" of the new book ?Akal Purk Gurbani Te Science Di Roshni Vich? - "Ever Existent God as viewed in Gurbani and Science.?, the following story is repeated from many other incidents narrated therein:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhai Pritam Singh Ji lived near Gurdwara Kalgidhar in Ludhiana, in the year 1962. His wife was expecting a child. In spite of the best medical efforts, delivery was not taking place. The wife was near her death. In despair, Bhai Pritam Singh Ji went to Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh to present his problem to him. Bhai Sahib advised him to appear before the Five Beloved Ones and request for their intervention and help. When the Five Beloved Ones assembled, they ordered Bhai Pritam Singh that at the earliest opportunity after birth, the child be brought for Amrit Imbibing. As soon as the prayer was offered by The Chosen Five, delivery took place of the child in the hospital. During the next Amrit Sanchar Smagam, the baby was administered Amrit. On the third day after this, the baby expired. After the last rites, Bhai Pritam Singh took the ashes for immersion in

river Satluj near Phalaur.As the ashes were immersed a voice called out: Bhai Pritam Singh looked around but did not find anybody. In his amazement he asked, The reply came, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. This is the end of our relationship. I take leave now.

Who are you? What was our relationship? Where are you going now?

I am the child, who was born in your house. I was an ascetic in my previous birth. I could go up to Karam Khand, but Sach Khand remained inaccessible without the benediction of Amrit. I used my yogic power to be born in the house of a Gursikh. Again I delayed the birth with same super-natural power, so as to compel you for earliest arrangement for Amrit Imbibing in the presence of FiveChosen Ones. Now that I have received the benediction of Amrit, there is no point for me to prolong my stay in this world. I therefore proceed to Sach Khand.?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parents or guardians of children are asked to take responsibility for smaller children. They are responsbile to ensure that the child keeps the kakaars (perhaps smaller sized one's), does simran regularly and recites or listens to Nitnem as per the requirements of Rehat Maryada of a Amritdhari Sikh.

We know many children as young as age of 4 years who have been listening to Nitnem and other banees since their birth (and soon after having received Amrit) and now are able to recite the bannees of Nitnem and even addiitonal banees such as Sukhmani Sahib without the aid of Gutaka or Pothee Sahib.

A choola is also not to be given to adults to give them time to "practice" keeping rehit. The commitment has to be full on an adult's part and then only the daat of Amrit be given. Finally, any person who has committed a kurehit or is "tunkhayeea" receives Amrit again.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

When I took amrit the Punj Pyaray made us finish the amrit afterwards. They said that choola had been made into a "rasam" and should not exist. Amrit was taken by the abhlakis only.

There was a man who had come for pesh because he said he was a kurehti yet he hadn't taken amrit, he said he had had choola when he was young. The jathadar of the Punj pyray then said that choola has become a rasam that is being misinturpreted. There is only amrit within the Amrit Sanchar.

In rehat maryada gurmat choola has no place.It is unfortunate that the practice of giving choola has continued.

Either Waheguru has made you ready to take amrit or not. Simple as that.

I also believe choola is a way out for any amrit dhari who may not have commited the 4 kraata but breached other provisions of the rehat maryada and by taking choola he/she feels the breach is rectified. Sorry, there is no half way house in sikhi for our own convenience. If one has done wrong he should not feel ashamed and once again appear before the panj piara and let them decide?

Some may become a little too relaxed in conforming to rehat knowing next year they can partake in choola.

Therefore, the practice of choola has to stop.Other family members must build up their hungar for full amrit quickly as possible.

There is a deeper meaning as to why amrit is taken and therefore one should not take choola. Very briefly inside us Waheguru has placed so much amrit(internal amrit) that when we are ready we take external amrit and the two must meet for the amrit to be sanchar. An example is within the wood there is fire but it will not light on its own an external spark is required to ignite the fire. An external flame is used to ignite the wood. Similarly the amrit inside us requires amrit from the panj piara.

Another example is a man carries seeds of reproduction and so does a women , but they must infuse the two separate seeds for life to commence.When external amrit meets internal amrit then WAH WAH DHAN NIRANKAR.

Also when one takes amrit we are supposed to be mentally ready whereas for the choola we would not have the same mental/ spiritual stage. However, the amrit is from the same bata thus it must be wrong to take the choola as the person is not ready.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

This is kind off topic ... but ... I heard further evidence of happenings similar to Bhai Pritam Singh's child from Katha by Sant Singh Jee Maskeen. He said that in places where there is a lot of Bhagti and Naam Bani, special angelic souls, devi and devtas come to do bhagti to fill their souls with Gurbani and Naam. These souls are waiting to be born into the right GurSikh families from mothers that have lots of Kamayee. These souls then come into Sikhi to be liberated by taking Khandae Battae Da Amrit.

suir nr muin jn AMimRqu Kojdy su AMimRqu gur qy pwieAw ]

sur nar mun jan a(n)mrith khojadhae s a(n)mrith gur thae paaeiaa ||

The angelic beings and the silent sages search for the Ambrosial Nectar; this Amrit is obtained from the Guru.

pwieAw AMimRqu guir ik®pw kInI scw min vswieAw ]

paaeiaa a(n)mrith gur kirapaa keenee sachaa man vasaaeiaa ||

This Amrit is obtained, when the Guru grants His Grace; He enshrines the True Lord within the mind.

These souls can only be seen by the Anbhav of Gurmukhs of really high Naam Kamayee, as was the case with Bhai Randhir Singh Jee (read the book "Unditthi Duniya by Bhai Sahib) and Sant Singh Jee Maskeen.

Maskeen Jee gave the example in his Katha of a Musalmaan soul which used to be constantly at Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. The soul told Maskeen Jee that it really enjoyed his Katha. Maskeen asked what a Musalmaan soul was doing at Darbar Sahib, considering that it was Muslim in previous births. The soul replied that it had a real quenching thirst for Gursikhi Jeevan, and it had been unable to take Amrit in its previous lives. Darbar Sahib was the only place on Earth where he could receive the amount of spiritual food of Gurbani to fill his soul's needs. It said that it was waiting for the right chance to take birth into a Gursikh family as a human being, and then take Amrit, so that his Aatma could join with Parmaatma. But this was very difficult, and he was having to wait a lot, because the parents with such Kamayee to have such a blessed child are very rare.

Maskeen Jee also said that how could he be a Muslim, as Islam did not believe in reincarnation. The soul replied that Muslims could believe what they like ... Reincarnation will occur until the soul achieves its unity with Waheguroo.

Maskeen Jee had a lot more conversations with this soul ... but he decided not to divulge further in that Diwan, for fear of freaking people out.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

On 06/06/2005 at 3:42 PM, Singhstah said:

I once asked the akj.org aks us forum the same question this is the answer I got:

Author: AskUsAdmin

Date: 09-10-04 15:43

It is our understanding that the concept of choola is unnecessary and redundant. The Guru-roop Punj Piare evaluate every abhilakhee that appears before them to decide if the person is worthy of receving the daat of Amrit. Once selected the person is given Amrit regardless of age, sex, cast, colour or creed.

In some Jathebandees, a choola is sometimes given by the Punj to a child who is too young to wear all kakars and recite nitnem banis. In all Akhand Kirtani Jatha organized Amrit Sinchaar programs that we are aware of, Amrit is administered even to small children. It is our firm belief that many souls take birth in human form only to receive Amrit. There have been numerous instances where the child left the human body soon after receiving the boon of amrit. Keeping this in mind, Amrit is given to all abhilakhees using the same vidhi (technique) that Amrit is supposed to be given by including Naam drirh.

In Chapter 6 - "Supernatural Power of Amrit" of the new book ?Akal Purk Gurbani Te Science Di Roshni Vich? - "Ever Existent God as viewed in Gurbani and Science.?, the following story is repeated from many other incidents narrated therein:

Bhai Pritam Singh Ji lived near Gurdwara Kalgidhar in Ludhiana, in the year 1962. His wife was expecting a child. In spite of the best medical efforts, delivery was not taking place. The wife was near her death. In despair, Bhai Pritam Singh Ji went to Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh to present his problem to him. Bhai Sahib advised him to appear before the Five Beloved Ones and request for their intervention and help. When the Five Beloved Ones assembled, they ordered Bhai Pritam Singh that at the earliest opportunity after birth, the child be brought for Amrit Imbibing. As soon as the prayer was offered by The Chosen Five, delivery took place of the child in the hospital. During the next Amrit Sanchar Smagam, the baby was administered Amrit. On the third day after this, the baby expired. After the last rites, Bhai Pritam Singh took the ashes for immersion in

river Satluj near Phalaur.As the ashes were immersed a voice called out: Bhai Pritam Singh looked around but did not find anybody. In his amazement he asked, The reply came, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. This is the end of our relationship. I take leave now.

Who are you? What was our relationship? Where are you going now?

I am the child, who was born in your house. I was an ascetic in my previous birth. I could go up to Karam Khand, but Sach Khand remained inaccessible without the benediction of Amrit. I used my yogic power to be born in the house of a Gursikh. Again I delayed the birth with same super-natural power, so as to compel you for earliest arrangement for Amrit Imbibing in the presence of FiveChosen Ones. Now that I have received the benediction of Amrit, there is no point for me to prolong my stay in this world. I therefore proceed to Sach Khand.?

The parents or guardians of children are asked to take responsibility for smaller children. They are responsbile to ensure that the child keeps the kakaars (perhaps smaller sized one's), does simran regularly and recites or listens to Nitnem as per the requirements of Rehat Maryada of a Amritdhari Sikh.

We know many children as young as age of 4 years who have been listening to Nitnem and other banees since their birth (and soon after having received Amrit) and now are able to recite the bannees of Nitnem and even addiitonal banees such as Sukhmani Sahib without the aid of Gutaka or Pothee Sahib.

A choola is also not to be given to adults to give them time to "practice" keeping rehit. The commitment has to be full on an adult's part and then only the daat of Amrit be given. Finally, any person who has committed a kurehit or is "tunkhayeea" receives Amrit again.

My bro and sis took choola when they were babies and i took amrit when i was 9 years old. 

Edited by NonExistant