Choola and Amrit

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

choola is usally given to people of young age who's parents are amrit dhari or people who will be becoming amritdhari. an amritdhari cant eat out of the same plate or drink from the same glass as a non amritdhari. this is considered jhoota. u take choola when all the new amritdharis have lined up to sip out of the sarab loh bhata and one who wants to take choola drinks out of the same bhata as the new amritdharis so there is jhoot within in the two. and u are also promising to take amrit later on. if some one has takin choola, an amritdhari can eat out of the same plate or drink from the same glass as them.

BHUL CHUUK MAAF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 10 months later...

I once asked the akj.org aks us forum the same question this is the answer I got:

Author: AskUsAdmin

Date: 09-10-04 15:43

It is our understanding that the concept of choola is unnecessary and redundant. The Guru-roop Punj Piare evaluate every abhilakhee that appears before them to decide if the person is worthy of receving the daat of Amrit. Once selected the person is given Amrit regardless of age, sex, cast, colour or creed.

In some Jathebandees, a choola is sometimes given by the Punj to a child who is too young to wear all kakars and recite nitnem banis. In all Akhand Kirtani Jatha organized Amrit Sinchaar programs that we are aware of, Amrit is administered even to small children. It is our firm belief that many souls take birth in human form only to receive Amrit. There have been numerous instances where the child left the human body soon after receiving the boon of amrit. Keeping this in mind, Amrit is given to all abhilakhees using the same vidhi (technique) that Amrit is supposed to be given by including Naam drirh.

In Chapter 6 - "Supernatural Power of Amrit" of the new book ?Akal Purk Gurbani Te Science Di Roshni Vich? - "Ever Existent God as viewed in Gurbani and Science.?, the following story is repeated from many other incidents narrated therein:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhai Pritam Singh Ji lived near Gurdwara Kalgidhar in Ludhiana, in the year 1962. His wife was expecting a child. In spite of the best medical efforts, delivery was not taking place. The wife was near her death. In despair, Bhai Pritam Singh Ji went to Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh to present his problem to him. Bhai Sahib advised him to appear before the Five Beloved Ones and request for their intervention and help. When the Five Beloved Ones assembled, they ordered Bhai Pritam Singh that at the earliest opportunity after birth, the child be brought for Amrit Imbibing. As soon as the prayer was offered by The Chosen Five, delivery took place of the child in the hospital. During the next Amrit Sanchar Smagam, the baby was administered Amrit. On the third day after this, the baby expired. After the last rites, Bhai Pritam Singh took the ashes for immersion in

river Satluj near Phalaur.As the ashes were immersed a voice called out: Bhai Pritam Singh looked around but did not find anybody. In his amazement he asked, The reply came, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. This is the end of our relationship. I take leave now.

Who are you? What was our relationship? Where are you going now?

I am the child, who was born in your house. I was an ascetic in my previous birth. I could go up to Karam Khand, but Sach Khand remained inaccessible without the benediction of Amrit. I used my yogic power to be born in the house of a Gursikh. Again I delayed the birth with same super-natural power, so as to compel you for earliest arrangement for Amrit Imbibing in the presence of FiveChosen Ones. Now that I have received the benediction of Amrit, there is no point for me to prolong my stay in this world. I therefore proceed to Sach Khand.?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parents or guardians of children are asked to take responsibility for smaller children. They are responsbile to ensure that the child keeps the kakaars (perhaps smaller sized one's), does simran regularly and recites or listens to Nitnem as per the requirements of Rehat Maryada of a Amritdhari Sikh.

We know many children as young as age of 4 years who have been listening to Nitnem and other banees since their birth (and soon after having received Amrit) and now are able to recite the bannees of Nitnem and even addiitonal banees such as Sukhmani Sahib without the aid of Gutaka or Pothee Sahib.

A choola is also not to be given to adults to give them time to "practice" keeping rehit. The commitment has to be full on an adult's part and then only the daat of Amrit be given. Finally, any person who has committed a kurehit or is "tunkhayeea" receives Amrit again.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

When I took amrit the Punj Pyaray made us finish the amrit afterwards. They said that choola had been made into a "rasam" and should not exist. Amrit was taken by the abhlakis only.

There was a man who had come for pesh because he said he was a kurehti yet he hadn't taken amrit, he said he had had choola when he was young. The jathadar of the Punj pyray then said that choola has become a rasam that is being misinturpreted. There is only amrit within the Amrit Sanchar.