Giani Thakur Singh Ji

khalsa01

• 2 weeks later...

What is a sehaj paat? What angs of maharaj are they on?

I have a DVD of a lot of Giani Thakur jis stuff arranged by ang. Maybe I can find it for you like this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 10/13/2010 at 10:16 PM, dalsingh101 said:

What is a sehaj paat? What angs of maharaj are they on?

I have a DVD of a lot of Giani Thakur jis stuff arranged by ang. Maybe I can find it for you like this?

it's 2020 now, 10 years later!!  So, where is it? I am still waiting and no luck from your department,dalsingh101 ji! Please respond.

?

12. Summary of the Rehat of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Akhand Paath & Sehaj Paath

To take Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee from one place to another there are to be a minimum of 5 Singhs present with Guru Jee. A gong or other relevant instruments are to be played to make others aware of Guru Jee’s arrival.  Water is to be sprinkled in front of Guru Sahib.  If you are taking Guru Sahib in a car/vehicle, then the container of water is to be placed in the car.

Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is present and Karah Parshad is to be prepared, the floor covering must not be made of inappropriate materials (e.g. in India, animal dung mixed with clay and hay is sometimes spread on a dirt floor to stop dust from flying around).

Once a suitable room is selected, the floor, walls and ceilings should be broomed, cleaned or washed as appropriate. Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is Parkash, a beautiful canopy is to be placed over Guru Jee.  If Guru Jee is Parkash in a Palki, then there should be a small canopy in the Palki and in turn a larger one is to be hung over the Palki.

12.1. Sehaj Paath

At the start/Arambh and end/Bhog of Sehaj Paath, Karah Parshad made of clarified (un salted) butter/ghee is to be made. At the start of the Paath, the Ardas and Hukamnama must be recited followed by a minimum of five verses of Sri Japjee Sahib, before distributing Karah Parshad. Upon completion of the Sehaj Paath, fives verses of Sri Japjee Sahib and the last Salok are to be recited after the Raag Mala, and then the Ardas is performed.

When the person performing Ardas says,

ਕਰੀ ਪਾਕਸਾਲ ਸੋਚ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰਾ ਹੁਣਿ ਲਾਵਹੁ ਭੋਗੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਏੇ ॥ ੨ ॥

"Food has been prepared with purity, please do Bhog to the food and bless it Lord." SGGSJ Ang 1266

Upon hearing this verse, the blade of the Kirpan is simultaneously ‘placed’ into the Parshad and out.  In this manner the Karah Parshad is blessed by the Kirpan, a weapon which is also accepted as a form of the Guru.  When placing the offered Rumalas over Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the following is not to be recited,

ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪਟੋਲਾ ਤੈ ਸਹਿ ਦਿਤਾ ਢਕਣ ਕੂ ਪਤਿ ਮੇਰੀ ॥

"Oh Lord, you have given me this gift of love (silk cloth) to cover my faults and keep my status." SGGSJ Ang 520

This Shabad can only to be recited when a {tooltip}Siropa{end-texte}This is the highest award given in Sikhi to somebody for some special fete of meditation or seva.  It is usually a turban, the length of which signifies the Guru blessing you from head to toe and covering your faults is given to a person.

image.png.f874e48bc686f3d26a50e8e4344b3eca.png