Gurbani Should Be Sing Only In Raag

Guest gupt

Should we only listen and sing Gurbani being recited in tunes based on Rags only ?

I hve heard that GURU ARJUN DEV JI HAD WRITTEN IN SGGS that we should sing gurbani in the raag written or else we should not sing it......

Is it true?

if i m wrong plz correct me otherwise plz tell the ANG no. in which GURU JI had written the same..............

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Sikhs should wonder what a rag is ! why 31 rags are present in SGGS ?

What is meaning of "ghar " in title of a shabad . like for eg : mahala 3 ghar 1

Why there are different bani names like dakhni , poorbi and so on .

But Sikhs today are singing kirtan as they wish .

I think Professor Surinder Singh has some knowledge on this matter . He sings excellent kirtan

to the Neo guy above,

What about all the great mahapursh's over the last few hundred years who have done kirtan in simple tunes with a baja and dholki. Do you feel in a position to undermine great Gursikhs by accusing them of the beadbi of Gurbani??

Do you wake up at amritvela, drive down to your local Gurdwara and do Asi Di War kirtan every morning or do you leave it for the "techo tune" ragi jatha to do, only for you to sit at home and mentally undress their sewa by labelling it beadbi.....?

My original post had been modified.

Simple tunes don't mimic bollywood tunes, im quite impressed that your aware of what bollywood tunes were like over the last few hundred years. Read what I wrote. It's quite basic English.

Also it's irrelevant to you what I do on a daily basis. Focus on your own jeevan. You can

Listen to bollywood type kirtan and move around grunting, that's entirely your choice.

If u still don't understand what i am saying since you may be tired from waking up at amritvela and driving down to your local gurdwara to listen to asa di waar I will post you some videos to elaborate.