Signs

Guest Faith developer

Guest Faith developer

Hi..this question is not really about sikhi but about faith in Waheguru.

Does waheguru or can waheguru give us signs about things we will recieve or will happen in our lives..and also if we ask for one and guru ji gives us one?

What are your viewpoints on this?

WJKK WJKF

Well if one really needs guidance from Guru Sahib then they should take a Hukumnama. But personally, I feel that "Guru Mere Sang Sada Hai Naale," So of course Guru Ji can give us signs to stop us from astraying on the wrong path. He is our father and Guru Ji will always look out for his devoted Sikhs.

Guest Faith developer

Thank-you for your reply....

What about actually asking Guru ji for a sign?

This may sound stupid but what if you have asked Guru ji to give you a sign and you recieve it?...is it Guru ji answering your question? Or is it that you have seen/got your sign as you go out of your way to see your sign as you don't want to miss is, therfore as your on the lookout you see it as you have manifested it as they say what you think and focus on the most is what you get back?

I'm sorry if the above sounds confusing.

Bhai Sahib Jio , Waheguru Ji gives us signs all the time but the sad fact is that we choose to ignore them.

Look at the world which is without satsangat i.e. pain , kalesh , suffering , agony , hell etc..

Guru Ji says "Dukh daroo sukh rog piah".

The dukh that we receive in life is a wake up call from Waheguru but sadly we hit the snooze button rather than waking up. Before we realise it , the repeated hitting of the snooze button has resulted in oversleep i.e. time to die.

What more specific signs do we need to wake upto the fact that "MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HAIH , APNA MOOL PECHAN"?

Wew are a soul trapped in a physical body. The true pleasure comes from recognising this fact through Gurbani.

Yes I think things like dreams that come true and intuitive feelings that we have are gifts from waheguru to reassure us that we will be okay and to have faith that he will take care of us. :happy: