Study And Gurbani

Guest believer

• 10 years later...
Guest Harleen Kaur

wjkk wjkf

im only 16 and its a very big year for me in my studies. i have no motivation what so ever. i do mool mantr every night and i study as i listen to gurbani but i need more help.What bani shuld i do in order to remain focused and determined.Please let me know????

13 hours ago, Guest Harleen Kaur said:

What bani shuld i do in order to remain focused and determined.Please let me know????

Motivation will come from remembering who you are. You’re a daughter of Sikhs.

We’re the hardest working people, the highest achievers, we have the kindest hearts in serving humanity. 

Whatever Sikhs do, they do it better than the rest.

Watch the film Kesari - it will motivate you 

Study, pray and also schedule time to relax. Basically - you’ve got this! 

Get those brilliant grades and make us proud! ❤️??

Guest guest singh 2021

Well done for keeping a connection to Sikhi and not just getting fully lost in modern punjabi culture.

I only have advice for the Sikhi part of your issues, I'm sure other members will guide you on the studying part.

So at the moment you cut hair, no worries. Improve things slowly. Please stop eating meat completely as a first step. As you only have it sometimes that shows me that you're not addicted to meat. You're lucky as some people cannot let go of the taste and have meat all the time.

Take 5mins at anytime during the day to do Jaap of either of the following Gurbani mantars:

- chant mool mantar

- or continously chant "Gobinde mukande udhare apaare hariyan(g) karian(g) nrinaame akaame" this will also get you closer to Guru Gobind Singh jee as Guru ji loves Jaap Sahib which is full of amazing praise for Vaheguru jee.

Do everyday without fail no matter what your mood is like for that day. Also try your best to concentrate and not let thoughts enter the mind for these 5mins. The method is: whatever Gurbani sound is coming out your mouth - with your ears listen to your own voice reciting the Gurbani. Listen to each and every syllable of Gurbani intently.

Then you'll find just making these small steps in Sikhi will slowly start to help you acheive your wordly goals such as studying etc.

Have faith in the Guru!

Good luck little bhenji.

I think many of us relate to this problem here and are trying to find solutions. Me myself, I am trying to keep a rehit with maharaj kirpa because I want to take amrit but schools gonna start soon (due to the virus it's delayed) and I am not sure if I will have enough time to manage myself. But, this thought doesn't really bother me much because I know guru maharaj definitely will work things out as always. I always leave it to maharaj's hukam though at times it's hard. Maharaj kirpa karan ?