Four Questions (10% To Guru, Covering Hair In Morning & Washing Kachcherey, Folding Pagg Cloth )

Hanu

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

It wasn't so long ago I took Amrit. Like I said in a previous post, so many things were discussed that it left room for other things to be left out or discussed in a way that wasn't perfectly clear to me (and other things maybe not even appropriate to discuss there). I am coming here to hopefully fill in some gaps.

1) When you give your 10% of your earnings to Guru do you place it on the Palki (which means someone could grab it) or do you write a check to the gurudwara and mail it to the office/president?

2) During the discourse of the Amrit ceremony, it was explained that after our bath in the morning when we leave the house we must have our hair covered in pagg but before we leave the house we can let our head remain uncovered so our hair can dry. But the first thing you do after your bath is recite Gurbani, so I am not clear if I misunderstood him to mean you can say your Gurbani bare headed while your hair is drying, which I don't understand. Please, what is the truth of the matter?

3) My next question: Are you supposed to wash your kachcherey by hand instead of in a washing machine? I've been washing mine by hand simply out of fear that in a machine the drawstrings would get yanked out, but something tells me that even if I secured the strings with a safety pin washing them in a machine would be disrespectful or something. What is the truth of the matter?

4) I am having pagg problem. I have learned very well from videos how to tie a general pagg but I cannot get the folding right with one end on the doorknob (5 or 7 metre), it all just twists to rope. The videos all show two people folding the cloth, so there is uniformity and thinness and control which I simply cannot get alone on a doorknob. Do you have any suggestions for obtaining that with a doorknop, videos, etc.? My goal is to have a general pagg with a fifty.

5) Is it ok to listen to my MP3 player on long walks, on train, at laundromat, etc., or are those days over?

6) At the Amrit during the discussion on diet, I was told to be careful in restaurants regarding possible foods with geletain in them. Another thing I am aware of is that in hard cheeses there is an enzyme from a pig's stomach called rennet which is what makes the cheese go hard. Mozarella cheese is mushy, so I am not sure what the rennett content is, but do you definitely are we allowed to eat pizza? (Kosher pizza is different because it is totally vegetarian cheese, no milk no rennett, but here I am asking about the typical corner pizzaria).

Thank you very much for all your great help. It is very helpful.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH G

1) Guru ji tells us "greeba da moh guru da golak" meaning the mouth of a poor person is the offering plate of the Guru. Any charity counts as dasvanth, you can also give it to the Gurudwara if u like. A good foundation is apkf.bnet

2)do it sofly or in your head if your washing ur hair, othewise cover it with a keski

3)its alright use a machine , but make sure u dont wash ur turbans with kacchere or other underwear as that is disrespectful to ur pagh

4)that just takes pratice :) ull get it sure enough, if u can use someone elses help 4 now

best of luck n welcome to the panth :)

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhaji,

1. Daswand should really be used in sikh sangat. If you want to give to charity so be it, but try to give

to Sikhs or Sikh sangat. If you want to give to those in India, like the Dehli widows or other organisations

that help poor Sikhs and widows, that is really good. Else you can give as langar provisions.

You have keep collecting and maybe do akhand paath.

2. You should do naam simran saar graas, that is, with every breath so even when you are drying your hair

if you feel you can still keep doing naam simran and paath.

3. You can also get little pouches that you put clothes in and the put the whole thing in the machine that way

your kashera will not get tangled. However, if you put kashera straight into machine it doesn't get caught up,

4. They way I have folded a pagg when on my own is to fold in half long ways then place one end on the bed

or sofa or table and place a heavy weight on it, then stretchout the other end. Place this end on a chair or

table and go to the end with the weight, lift up the weight and make another fold, place the weight back and

follow the fold to the other end. Do this until you have all the fold you require.

Hope that made sense. !

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Thank you so much.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH G

1) Guru ji tells us "greeba da moh guru da golak" meaning the mouth of a poor person is the offering plate of the Guru. Any charity counts as dasvanth, you can also give it to the Gurudwara if u like. A good foundation is apkf.bnet

2)do it sofly or in your head if your washing ur hair, othewise cover it with a keski

3)its alright use a machine , but make sure u dont wash ur turbans with kacchere or other underwear as that is disrespectful to ur pagh

4)that just takes pratice smile.gif ull get it sure enough, if u can use someone elses help 4 now

best of luck n welcome to the panth smile.gif

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Yes, I'm going to try the weights. Never would have thought of that on my own! Thank you very much!

Bhaji,

1. Daswand should really be used in sikh sangat. If you want to give to charity so be it, but try to give

to Sikhs or Sikh sangat. If you want to give to those in India, like the Dehli widows or other organisations

that help poor Sikhs and widows, that is really good. Else you can give as langar provisions.

You have keep collecting and maybe do akhand paath.

2. You should do naam simran saar graas, that is, with every breath so even when you are drying your hair

if you feel you can still keep doing naam simran and paath.

3. You can also get little pouches that you put clothes in and the put the whole thing in the machine that way

your kashera will not get tangled. However, if you put kashera straight into machine it doesn't get caught up,

4. They way I have folded a pagg when on my own is to fold in half long ways then place one end on the bed

or sofa or table and place a heavy weight on it, then stretchout the other end. Place this end on a chair or

table and go to the end with the weight, lift up the weight and make another fold, place the weight back and

follow the fold to the other end. Do this until you have all the fold you require.

Hope that made sense. !