Glasses With Dastar

Guest Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I'm currently in the process of switching over to a dastar/pagh from a patka. But, the only problem is that I wear glasses. Either they barely fit in from the front, make the dastar/pagh look opened and not as elegant looking, or end up hurting my ears as they are pressed up against the end of the glasses. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or if anyone would be kind enough to suggest a comfortable and nice style . Also, I'm not much of a fan of contact lenses. Thank You and forgive me if I've said anything wrong.

Guest Singh22

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I'm currently in the process of switching over to a dastar/pagh from a patka. But, the only problem is that I wear glasses. Either they barely fit in from the front, make the dastar/pagh look opened and not as elegant looking, or end up hurting my ears as they are pressed up against the end of the glasses. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or if anyone would be kind enough to suggest a comfortable and nice style . Also, I'm not much of a fan of contact lenses. Thank You and forgive me if I've said anything wrong.

Hello ji! First of all I would like to say congratulations on taking that step of faith that many young people including myself have trouble doing. What you should do if you MUST wear glasses are tie the bhag without the glasses on then slim them in after carefully. Yes the shape will change a tiny bit but it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

In my opinion being a former glasses wearer who HATED contact lenses I would say the following: Change to contact lenses. They make everything easier and despite people who believe they look better in glasses, glasses ARE a defect. (Sorry if I'm offending anyone). You will look better with contact lenses it will just take some getting used to.

I say try out diff contacts and find one you are comfortable with. That is the only solution that will totally eliminate the problem.

Asides from that, you could go to a optical store and try out a variety of pairs to see which one best fits and feels the best. Try plastic, metal etc frames to test em all out!

Good luck.

Opticians can alter your glasses so that the frame bit which usually curves around your ears is straight. This way it slots right into your datsaar, and you can choose if you want to put it in between the larrs or underneath the material. This makes life a lot easier. Just ask the optician people to do it.