Any New Idea For Bbc Program?

S1ngh

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ke Fateh

Received a recent telephone call from someone who works in the BBC, about the possibility of making a 1.5 hour long TV programme on Sikhs. The person has requested ideas on the subject matter to be covered - possibly something new, which has not been done before. Please let us have your ideas by

Friday, 11 July 2003.

Kashmir Singh LL.B, LL.M 07721-507055

General Secretary

British Sikh Federation

P.O. Box 242

Wolverhampton WV4 5DH

England, UK

Here are some things i can think of:

- something about Anglo-Sikh wars...and Sikh Kingdom in Punjab

(here good to have something about King Dalip Singh)

- Basic Gurmat principles: equality, love, sharing, prayer, so on....

- Interviews of Gursikhs who are good proffessionals....to set a good example

- something about our Military past AND PRESENT! like something about Gatka/ Shastar Vidya...

- Some thing about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.....it's making and value for Sikhs

- Rehitnamas...and the importance of this DISCIPLINE that Sikhs follow.

- How can the teachings of Sikh Gurus be used to create harmony in our society? like how can we live in a multicultural society withour hating each other.........i think Sikhism says a lot of this.

that is all i can think of rite now.......would be back soon!

Deep....

I defininately recommend a BBC program on Sri Guru Granth Sahib ^_^ .That would be great.Even if the program isn't about Guru Granth Sahib, then Guru Sahib should feature a lot in the program.Maybe the program makers could visit Panjab to see the original Bir, Sri Kartarpuri Bir and Sri Damdami Bir.Or maybe they could look into non-Panjabi conversions to the Khalsa Panth?That would be interesting.Even if they don't do that, they should include converts to Sikhi in their program.Then people will see that Sikhi is for everyone. wubb.gif People will see that Sikhi is cool! B)

My Two choices will be..

Fully research 1 and half hour talk and history of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.. Giving examples like.. "mentioning of Universe/space system in Guru granth sahib ji" before the world came to know about it later on... etc...

OR

A documentary on Sikh War History.. Covering the period of 100 yrs from the fall of Raja Ranjit singh till the year of 1947... that will be good..