Why We Don'T Pronounce Sihari And Aunkad While Reading Gurbani ?

This question has been in my mind right since I am reciting bani .

Mool mantar is the best example of saying what I want to say .

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ||

If we literally read mool mantar , it would be like :"EkOankar satinamu karta purakhu nirbhao nirvairu akaal murati ajooni saibhan gur prasadi .

Note , that this is not how we read mool mantar . We recite it as "EkOankar satnam karta purakh nirbhao nirvair akaal murat ajooni saibhan gurprasad"

Why is there sihari in ਸਤਿ , if we are not going to pronounce it as "sati" .?Why is there aunkad in ਨਾਮੁ , if we are not going to pronounce it as "namu" ?

This is the case throughout recitation of SGGS . Can you please explain why ? why some matraas are not recited ? if not to be recited , then why they are there in the word ?

pul chuk maaf blush.gif

This question has been in my mind right since I am reciting bani .

Mool mantar is the best example of saying what I want to say .

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ||

If we literally read mool mantar , it would be like :"EkOankar satinamu karta purakhu nirbhao nirvairu akaal murati ajooni saibhan gur prasadi .

Note , that this is not how we read mool mantar . We recite it as "EkOankar satnam karta purakh nirbhao nirvair akaal murat ajooni saibhan gurprasad"

Why is there sihari in ਸਤਿ , if we are not going to pronounce it as "sati" .?Why is there aunkad in ਨਾਮੁ , if we are not going to pronounce it as "namu" ?

This is the case throughout recitation of SGGS . Can you please explain why ? why some matraas are not recited ? if not to be recited , then why they are there in the word ?

pul chuk maaf blush.gif

as far as I have understood so far (which is really very little), the meaning differs if there is aunkaR or not, there is sihari or not.

the example is word Sukh(u) with "o" sound under the "kh" or no "o" sound. So with "o" sound, sukh means the one sukh (happiness) that you get from bhagati of Guru/God but if it is without "o" sound, it means duniya de sukh, worldly happiness.

so means to say, that "o" sound is implied for word in singular form, but without "o" sound its for plural form.

Others who have understood Gurbani better, please correct if I am wrong, or even if I am partially wrong as I don't want to mislead someone and it could give me opportunity to correct myself as well.

In this shabad u will see the akhar prabh spelt in different ways, If Guru Sahib wrote the onkar there or siharee at the end then u say it, the best way to learn to recite each lagh akhar is listening along to Jap ji Sahib with Pothi sahib so u can follow along and practise so that ur bani can become Shudh,

shabad

Jap ji Sahib

So the way to pronounce Gurparsaadh(i) is to say the sasay nu kanaa longer and say the dhadhay to siharee which is a shoti lagh-only give it a lil bit of a voice, for lamee long lagha u can say it as long as u want so for example Gurprsaaaaaaaadh(i) ,, if u say the siharee too long it was sound like a laa it was sound like gurprasadhey, thats why it essential to make sure u say the kanna dub key!

WaHeGuRu Ji

tha laga matras all stand for different things

like sihari pronouced slightly at the end of a word means in

exaple

man means soul/mind

man(i) - with sihari means within the soul/mind

ghar- home (usually means heart/soul)

ghari- (with a sihari means within the heart/soul)

so they are different tenses or different meanings and some times a vovel chages gender as well

it is correct to pronounce them ever slightly

unless they are biharee laav or dolainkray or kanna or dolaawa

otherwise it is conusing

if u say siharee too long it will sound like laav or dolava

if u say onkar too much it will sound like dolainkre

so it depends on the vovel

these siharis ewtc should be pronounced, but the thing is you need to take santhiya from Taksal etc to be able to read it properly. Santhiya is so vital to be able to read paath properly. People if they dont know just make up their own stuff.

wjkk wjkf

if you want to learn santhya you dont need to go to the taksal in india. If you go to metha or ny dera in india they dont teach SHUD santhya, when i say shud i mean pronoucning all the laga matar. If you want to learn shud santhya i would reccomend doing bal updesh 5 times from gursevak.com with the recordings. If you do bal updesh 5 times with recording your ucharan will become shud and you will be able to pronounce all the laga matar without any difficulties and you will never have to go take any santhya classes nywhere. Doing Bal Updesh and listening to recording that Bhagat Jaswant Singh Jee 'khalsa' is a new method of doing santhya, because the method in which the recording is made, will allow any person in the world to do santhya on their own at home!

wjkk wjkf