Need Help Asap Before Thursday Aug 12!

Guest need help

Guest need help

So I have a question,

lets say you put little pieces of paper infront of you and write yes and no on them and then you do paath and ardas and ask baba ji to help you make a decision and pick the right one, and then yyou pick one..you basically do this twice and the same answer commes twice..should you believe that or is it just superstition? and you should make a logical decision?

SO basically,

follow the parchi (piece of paper) that you picked after ardas and paath

OR

what the logical part of your mind says?

So I have a question,

lets say you put little pieces of paper infront of you and write yes and no on them and then you do paath and ardas and ask baba ji to help you make a decision and pick the right one, and then yyou pick one..you basically do this twice and the same answer commes twice..should you believe that or is it just superstition? and you should make a logical decision?

SO basically,

follow the parchi (piece of paper) that you picked after ardas and paath

OR

what the logical part of your mind says?

you do paath, then ardass and then take a hukamnama

sikhs don't believe in the parchi system.

No. I used to do this for a long time but like guptkuri said, nothing like Guru's Hukam.

But you also need to know how to interpret Guru's hukam. Its human tendency to interpret the hukam the way your mind wants to choose to interpret.

Seems to me that its a pretty important decision, without knowing the situation i'd say go with the one that seems the best to you instead of doing this parchi thing. Just because you did paath and ended up picking up the same pirchi twice doesn't really mean anything, well imo it shouldn't mean anything since we are sikhs and we are meant to make decisions based on logic instead of superstition. Make the logical choice and then do ardas and paath so that whatever you plan to do goes well.

just my 2 cents.

Guest need help

I have two issues with that:

1. i dont know how to take out a hukamnamma

2. how do I know im interpreting it correctly and not just the way my mind wants me too?

Guest santa dee dhoor

WJKKWJKF

only use the parchee way if you've exhausted your logical thought process, which should be based on Gurmat anyway. If you've thought and thought and thought but cant come to a descion then do a heart felt ardas in Mahraaj's charan kamal and do a parchee BUT BOUND YOURSELF to the decsion which comes from the parchee AND DONT DILLY DALLY - treat it as Mahraaj has made the decsion. As with everything its sharda/bhavnaa that will bear fruit.

I hope this comes to use to you. If I've said anything wrong please accept my apologies.

WJKKWJKF

I feel the answer from the parchi, both times, was the answer you did not want. As if it was the answer you wanted you would not have done it again let alone asked the question on this forum.

So my advice is go with what you feel is right. Waheguru does not give you answers like this, believe in baba ji and if your faith is strong god is always with you.

Example floods in pakistan, if a gursikh there, sikhs do live there. Did the same with a parchi with we are going to get food and be resuced to a camp in 1 day and they didnt is that wahegurus fault, mistake? Answer is NO. GOD does not work like that. Have sharda in your beliefs, and use your common sense. Ask for advice from parents, siblings and peers.

There is a clear cut way of making a decision. And it involves taking a Hukam from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. You can take a cyber Hukam from Sikhnet.com. Here is a link to it http://fateh.sikhnet.../CyberHukamnama

And then to intrepret the Hukam, copy and paste the shabade here. Some Gurmukh is probably watching this thread.

Logic is only good as a person's wisdom. If logic was held as the highest form of recieving knowledge for questions or anything, then their would be no Gurbani; all of you would be God right now. But your not so sit on it.