Confused? :/

gurmzz

Im just wondering, say if someone commits one of the 5 evils, but also follows the 5 virtues..is it the same as commiting all 5 evils and not following any virtues?

thx, WJKK WJKF

(mods, I posted a topic similar to this, but I dont know where it went, so I posted this)

thx :)

Im just wondering, say if someone commits one of the 5 evils, but also follows the 5 virtues..is it the same as commiting all 5 evils and not following any virtues?

thx, WJKK WJKF

(mods, I posted a topic similar to this, but I dont know where it went, so I posted this)

thx :)

=================================================================================

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

5 evils, panj chor(lust(kaam), anger(krodh), greed(lobh), attachement(moh), pride(hankaar))

Is this what you are referring to as 5 evils?

If so, then brother, it is hard for anybody to say that they are free from these 5 evils. In one's home, in one's family,

outside in the street, in your estate in your city wherever you go it is easy to see the panj chor have almost total power in

this world. I say almost because gursikhs, those rare people, the ones who follow dhan, dhan, guru granth sahib ji and obey

the hukams of guru ji, the 5 evils drop at their feet, the 5 evils become the slaves of those individuals.

Only by reading and understanding gurbani can we recognise and then fight the 5 chor. Where else is this vital information contained, i have only found this in guru granth sahib ji.

I don't think you can 'commit' the 5 evils as you say but rather I think you can indulge or get absorbed in these evils. We need to keep the 5 evil evils under control as best we can.

How?

Read and do paath of gurbani, this is definitely the best medicine to cure the disease of panj chor.

The less we indulge in panj chor, the less we are attached to worldly things and the more we obey the bachans(commandents) of guru sahib then

the more virtuous we will become. By reading paath, keeping rehit and doing naam simran we will automatically and easily obtain the 5 virtues:-

Sat(Truth), Santokh(Contentment), Daya(Compassion), Nimrata(Humility), Pyar(Love).

I think all of us have committed mistakes and fallen down on this path but that is due to our own weaknesses. Remember whatever virtues we have

we must retain those virtues.

Don't return to bad habits just because we make one mistake. One mistake doesn't mean we become demons. Let's analyse our weakness, what is the source of our weakness and with the aid of gurbani we can eliminate this weakness from our lives. The shabad(gurbani) is the weapon we can use to destroy panj chor. Let's use it!

May Guru Ji bless us with his kirpa(mercy) so we become virtuous!

Stay in Chardi Kala!

Dhan, Dhan, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

thx, WJKK WJKF

thx smile.gif

WJKKWJKF

I dont think its as clear cut as simply saying you follow all or some of the 5 virtues or fail on some of the 5 vices either. Its not an exact science to say that doing 'a certain thing' can be classed under a certain vice.

Mistakes are there to be made, everyone does them..... However its more important that we learn from them. By making these mistakes and learning from them it determines the type of character we become in the future. Its scary where your mind takes you sometimes, but if your human instinct tell you its wrong, then I guess your half way there. You recognise somethings wrong, and you try to stop doing/thinking it.

Its difficult for anybody in this life to be free from the panj chor, but with the strength of Bani you can certainly work towards it.

Not sure if that all makes sense now reading it over lol

Hope it helps.

WJKWJKF

Can you describe more on attachment. I mean, are we not to be able to love some one or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cMigAweIAw buirAweIAw vwcY Drmu hdUir ]

cha(n)giaaeeaa buriaaeeaa vaachai dhharam hadhoor ||

Good deeds and bad deeds-the record is read out in the Presence of the Lord of Dharma.

krmI Awpo AwpxI ky nyVY ky dUir ]

karamee aapo aapanee kae naerrai kae dhoor ||

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

ijnI nwmu iDAwieAw gey mskiq Gwil ]

jinee naam dhhiaaeiaa geae masakath ghaal ||

Those who have meditated on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and departed after having worked by the sweat of their brows

nwnk qy muK aujly kyqI CutI nwil ]1]

naanak thae mukh oujalae kaethee shhuttee naal ||1||

-O Nanak, their faces are radiant in the Court of the Lord, and many are saved along with them! ||1||

they both resonate at the gates of dharam raj whihc you will be accounted for your actions...

so y not jus do naam and get you face to become ujal(radient) then none of you lekha matters...

:)

this is one of the beautiful beauties that we have been given in sikhi..