Want To Take Amrit

Guest Want to become Sikh

Guest Want to become Sikh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I am wanting to take amrit for sometime now. I feel that i have got enough courage now to take amrit. But how do i go about this? Also i do not know any bani off by heart, but would that be ok, as i could learn after taking amrit? Could you please tell me the steps of taking Guru Ji's Amrit?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest _Snap_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I am wanting to take amrit for sometime now. I feel that i have got enough courage now to take amrit. But how do i go about this? Also i do not know any bani off by heart, but would that be ok, as i could learn after taking amrit? Could you please tell me the steps of taking Guru Ji's Amrit?

Make sure you have all the neccessary Kakkar's for when the Amrit Sanchar comes round even though they will be provided.

Possibly keep basic Rehat with these before hand so you get used to your responsibilities and commitments.

Certain Amrit Sanchars may require you to get into contact prior with the organisers so they have a rough idea of how many people will be attanedng, however this is very rarely the case and you can just simply turn up.

About not knowing any Bani, the Panj Pyarae in Amrit Sanchars usually will say for the same period of time do Waheguru Jaap or Mool Matar Jaap, or listen to your Nitnaem CD/MP3 etc while trying to remeber it. They will also tell you to learn it as quick as possible - start going Santiya maybe?

Make sure you wear clean decent clothes, wash your hair as well as yourself from head to toe when you wake up. Keep focused on Bani throughout the time leading up to the Amrit Sanchar. Waheguru Jaap etc.

If you going to beacome a Singh they will ask you to remove your trousers, pyjama so you may just want to wear a Bana and play the part from the word go.

If you wear a Dastar leave easy access to your Hair so the Amrit Sanchar goes smoothly.

Apart from that enjoy it, your going to be reborn, you will never forget it.

Hope this helps. Lucky you :)