Hindus Challenging Originality Of Sikhism

"There is nothing new in Sikhism" so says the article.

some main cr*p:

• Sikhism is just a sect of hinduism like how catholicism and protestants are sect of christianity .dry.gif
  • No Sikh guru ever declared that he was getting revelations or divine words .
  • Sikh gurus revered vedas and shastras . dry.gif
  • There is no threat to sikh identity if sikhs recognise themselves as part of hindu society tongue.gif

please read for urself and debate :http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/The-Unbreakable-Hindu-Sikh-bond-1.aspx

Some people on this forum have one job to spread hatred by posting misleading posts.They get revealed in some other threads.

Every community has fanatical elements and we need not to waste our energy on their views.

Khalsa Ji, I mean exactly what I posted. What makes the topic starter think Sikhi is original?

I haven said it isnt, im just interested in the topic starters thoughts.

If Sikhi is not original , then do you mean it is just a refined and more spiritual version of Hinduism ?

Do you mean to say there is nothing new in Siri Guru Granth Sahib which is not found in vedas and upanishads .

forgive me , i maybe confused at your answers . or maybe you think nothing in sikhi is new . everything is copy pasted from other indian religions.

If Sikhi is not original , then do you mean it is just a refined and more spiritual version of Hinduism ?

Do you mean to say there is nothing new in Siri Guru Granth Sahib which is not found in vedas and upanishads .

forgive me , i maybe confused at your answers . or maybe you think nothing in sikhi is new . everything is copy pasted from other indian religions.

I think you are confused about what Chatanga Veer ji is trying to get at. He is asking you to state why you thinkin Sikhi is different then Hinduism and any other religion.....what makes it orginal?

Veer ji, it is very easy to bash someone, to get upset but it is hard to stand up for what you believe. You believe Sikhi is not like Hinduism, then tell us why. Don't just tell us what people are saying but also tell us what you are saying that is different.

Every teaching in Aad Guru is not new. There are many teachings that were already prevalent in other religions including Hinduism. There are concepts in Guru Granth Sahib that are found in Vedic teachings ie the role of Atma and Param-Atma. churasi- lakh joon...

Some things in Gurmat are new, ie status of woman, and people of the lower castes, the Khalsa...

Are you still confused?

Or did you think that the 1st time this world was told there was only 1 God, was when Guru Nanak Dev Ji said it?

What do you percieve from Sikhi that is new, and what do you find is not new? Maybe you are thinking sikhi(dharma) is new?

Every teaching in Aad Guru is not new. There are many teachings that were already prevalent in other religions including Hinduism. There are concepts in Guru Granth Sahib that are found in Vedic teachings ie the role of Atma and Param-Atma. churasi- lakh joon...

Some things in Gurmat are new, ie status of woman, and people of the lower castes, the Khalsa...

Are you still confused?

Or did you think that the 1st time this world was told there was only 1 God, was when Guru Nanak Dev Ji said it?

What do you percieve from Sikhi that is new, and what do you find is not new? Maybe you are thinking sikhi(dharma) is new?

Dear chatanga ,

The way that article is written just makes a sikh feel uneasy .

Hindus have been saying since ages that sikhs are our brothers , but the site link I gave has more like a RSS mentality .

Infact , if you explore the site ( which I did ) , it carries the same old RSS propaganda .

Hinduism and Sikhism maybe similar , but please remember that idol worship and many other things are not accepted in sikhi .