I'M A Bad Person

Guest paapi

Guest paapi

vjkk vjkf

I'm 19 and I've been amritdhari, for a year now. I took amrit because I do feel longing for Guru sahib, for gurbani, for akaal purakh. But I also took it because I knew it was the right thing to do.

Over the last year, I've grown spiritually, but I have a problem.

Things like kaam, having relationships (with opposite sex), and partying, all those bad things I see in the world....I want to do. I know this is horrible, and I won't do them, I'm a gursikh, and I know how and why these things are bad.

But I still have a desire to do these things.

Is this what the five vices do to us? Is this what all people want? Are all people attracted to those things that are worst for them? Is that how the world works?

I've thought over it, and the answer I've come up with, is just that I'm a bad person, disgusting, horrible person.

I'm just not good. I know doing gurbani will help me spiritually, singing gurusahibs praises will save me, deliver me past this horrible world, meditating on akaal purakh will bring peace.

My question is, will these evil desires go away, or will they always be there, barely subdued by gurbani. Does everyone have these evils in them? Or am I the only screwed up one?

waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru g ki fateh

actually these r ur karam's of previous coming in ur way........all the people in their life time r attacked by these 5 enemis...........gradually this feeling will finish as ur love for guru sahib will increase.......and doing sadh sangat will help u

kaam krodh ahankaar saadh lobh moh dhee joh mittaaee|

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Guest

Everyone has these base desires as they are in many ways natural human instinct. The idea in Sikhi is that the more Naam we do, the less and less these desires and instincts will trouble us until eventually, at a higher spiritual state, we will have no interest in these types of things at all. Maybe on days you do more Naam and Bani you notice that you have less interest in those things?

vjkk vjkf

I'm 19 and I've been amritdhari, for a year now. I took amrit because I do feel longing for Guru sahib, for gurbani, for akaal purakh. But I also took it because I knew it was the right thing to do.

Things like kaam, having relationships (with opposite sex), and partying, all those bad things I see in the world....I want to do. I know this is horrible, and I won't do them, I'm a gursikh, and I know how and why these things are bad.

Is this what the five vices do to us? Is this what all people want? Are all people attracted to those things that are worst for them? Is that how the world works?

I've thought over it, and the answer I've come up with, is just that I'm a bad person, disgusting, horrible person.

I'm just not good. I know doing gurbani will help me spiritually, singing gurusahibs praises will save me, deliver me past this horrible world, meditating on akaal purakh will bring peace.

My question is, will these evil desires go away, or will they always be there, barely subdued by gurbani. Does everyone have these evils in them? Or am I the only screwed up one?

wjkk wjkf

veer ji

if u do theese things now in a 1 year or so you will regret it, what your going thru now is just a phase you are now experianceing how srong the punj chor really are.

just do ur simran and seva and you will evenully destoy the chor that are eating your mind

simran seva are the only to things that can help you get rid of the chor.

wjkkwjkf

vjkk vjkf

depends. do you really desire to do do these things? or is the desire coming from vikaars? they can be totally overcome.

The five vices are not natural human instinct, but a product of your envirnoment. Change your surrounding, who you hang out with, where you go, what you watch on tv, what you listen to on the radio, etc,etc. Minimize the stimulus in the envirnoments and these vices will not bother you.

vjkk vjkf

Time never stays same. Bad comes and goes. Similarly good times come and go too.

Right now, I am going through some (little bit) bad time as well. And I know it won't stay either as good times didn't stay. so sometimes its just a matter of time.

wait it out and in meantime don't do anything bad. To stop happening anything bad, occupy yourself with some good things in your life.

examples are

recite certain number of one bani or multiple banis. Dedicate to listen to katha of certain bani you always wanted to understand the meaning of what you read as nitnem or additional bani you always wanted to know the meaning of.

take on some sewa at gurughar or some school or hospital or some other place where you could make some +ve difference in somebody's life or community or organization.

or just get extra hours of working at your work place.

or start reading some big book which will take few days to finish.

Always can help family members to finish some project at home or clean some area of the house.

Guest NY3HY3

The five vices are not natural human instinct, but a product of your envirnoment. Change your surrounding, who you hang out with, where you go, what you watch on tv, what you listen to on the radio, etc,etc. Minimize the stimulus in the envirnoments and these vices will not bother you.

I disagree with you. Giani Sant Singh Maskin has a katha about the importance of kaam krodh lobh moh hankaar. I'm not going to turn this into hearsay, so I encourage you to listen to his and others katha on this particular subject.

I disagree with you. Giani Sant Singh Maskin has a katha about the importance of kaam krodh lobh moh hankaar. I'm not going to turn this into hearsay, so I encourage you to listen to his and others katha on this particular subject.

All of the vices are in a human, but it takes a stimulus (the envirnoment) for them to appear in a person. Put a person in a space where their is nothing and no vice will consume him, but the vice like kaam is still in the person. Once he is put in this world surrounded by stimilus, the vices are activated by the envirnoment. Add the dedication made th reading, understanding, of Gurbani then this person becomes the lotus flower where the stimulus are present, but they don't bother him because the stimulus don't meaning to him, just like in that space of nothing. Only difference in the latter the preson is aware of them and does not react to them. The vices are their in a human, but they are not natural human instincts. To be natural they would have to be activated without a stimulus.

Can you add a link to which katha you are specifically speaking of.