Sarbloh Bibeki-Ness

Guest Sarblohi

Guest Sarblohi

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

dass has been practising the Rehat for a while now but would just like to know a few things just incase im getting something wrong!!

1) What food CAN and CANT you eat when being Sarbloh bibeki? (one Singh i know eats beans (heinz ones) and another Singh doesnt)

2) While making the food, must you be away from human traffic? e.g. so the tv isnt turned on and the stupid bnollywood films arent playing etc

3) anythign else i should know that i have missed out!!

Guest Guest

From what I know if something is either dry (flour, sugar, etc), or it is in a raw state (fruits, vegetables), or both (dried daal) then it is OK to have. Heinz beans in a tin are none of these so are not bibeki.

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

dass has been practising the Rehat for a while now but would just like to know a few things just incase im getting something wrong!!

1) What food CAN and CANT you eat when being Sarbloh bibeki? (one Singh i know eats beans (heinz ones) and another Singh doesnt)

2) While making the food, must you be away from human traffic? e.g. so the tv isnt turned on and the stupid bnollywood films arent playing etc

3) anythign else i should know that i have missed out!!

heinz beans are a definite no no for sarblohis, as is any "finished product"..only raw ingredients should be bought and used..always check for the vegetarian symbol too: if an item doesnt have it, then dont eat it.

whilst making food, there shouldnt be any tv in the background unless its playing gurbani. you should aim to recite as much bani as u can whilst preparing your food, for instance, recite anand sahib continuously until the food is made.

when making dahi (yoghurt) however, you can use shop bought youghurt for the jaag, but make sure that it is organic and also vegetarian.

there are different levels of strictness between sarabloh bibekis..however much bibek guru maharaaj blesses us with, that is all that we can do. hopefully wih time, we can all progress towards keeping a stricter level of bibek.

if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask at the tapoban.org message board.