Raceism

Guest ........... singh

Guest ........... singh

ok so i live in leeds im 14 years old and belive in sikhi and have alot of fait and trust in maharaj i have not takn amrit yet but am planing on taking it later this year.

i have been felling very down and depresed over theese last couple of months and have lost faith in guru ji becasue of the raceism i have been going through at school sometimes i wish i hd nothing to do with sikhi.

me and my class got along really well for the first 2 years of school (no raceism) but only this year i have start to hear some of my close friends make comments on sikhism but they dont diect the comments to me but to oneo my other friends and he i half sikh and does not keep his kesh or turban but i do and the things they say to him about sikhism are very demeaning but doesen care he jut lafs and carys on any time someone says hair they all start maing jokes.

now my friends from oter forms think its ok to be raceist i have tryed the saint wayandtryed t tak to the racists ad done paat and ardass asng for gurus belessing and asked mahaaj what i shud do next eve time itlk to the raceists the sed tey wont do it again but still theydo i keep on telling them to stop but half the time they jutsay tat wasnt raceist and make up excusize i told teachrs that i thought could do something but they dont do anything. if i go to the soldier and take a shaster out i would proberbly get expelled from the school and be neducated for the rest of my life and ive tryed using my fists just got in to a fight and made things worse.

please sadh sangat ji can you read part 2 of this post.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

awwwwwww bless u little one:) dont worry bro just stay strong Waheguru Ji is with u :) bro i wouldn't class these people as mates.. a friend is sum1 who considers your thoughts and feelings and wouldnt make remarks regarding ur faith.. is it really worth being with people like dat? they aren't ur true friends... find people who like u 4 the way u r and respect u and dont make remarks regarding ur faith... Y nt consult ur guidance teacher (if u have one) or talk to ur parents regarding this matter... hope this has helped u in sum way bro :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Start training little bro.

Get into good physical shape, and 90 % of people won't mess with you, and the 10% that do..well show them the way. ;)

Be strong, and don't let the racism get to you. Only pick a fight when you know you're strong enough, otherwise it'll be bezti.

Remember you're a Singh, not some ol' clown... :BL:

Sher banja sher. Start with pushups, sit ups, squats. When you're physically fit, you'll feel more confident. Also, do Simran and Paath in the morning and evening, how muich ever you can.

Bani will give you the inner strength to withstand all the racisim around you.

You need to keep your head up high and rely on god to give you strength, be proud to have the creator of the whole world on your side, . In your life as you become more religious you'll see bad traits in even your closest friends and some people let these get them down, but don;t focus on these, understand that even these people have are on the same path as you and have gods light in them, they just deny it, and when they die, they'll be punished badly for the bad things they've said against the One who made them. Don't be upset by what they say, pity them because you've chosen the right path and god will be with you all the way if you think of him.

When you think of god/ the guru, hes there no matter what, your thoughts are very powerful. Do paath, do naam jaap. You've been blessed to be so wise for your age, In these times, you are one in a million, most kids don't spare a moment to think about god, and only think about playstation, friends, food etc. Lol so keep being amazing and keep your head up high and have faith in your creator, because a person with god on their side can't be hurt by anything unless they stop believing god is protecting them.

You should have ultimate confidence, sikhs are warriors, both in the mind and on the battlefield, when we used to come on the battlefield grown men would scream and run in fear, so stop your bad thoughts when they come and think of god, read Guru Granth Sahib Ji and make sure you understand it properly or you won't get very far!

Good luck and god bless you.

Go to the principal of the school and if he makes nothing of it, then go to the head school district and file a complaint against the students and the teachers and principal. Maybe some Singhs from leeds can help you file the complaints. We make nothing of this, but there is no room for this kind of behavior. If it needs to happen then file a cirminal case against these guys. Either the teachers at that school will smarten up or get fired for allowing it to happen.

Whatever you do, don't pick any physical altercation with these guys.

Guest Jaipal Singh

The advice is good but having experienced similar with all due respect - what this boy needs is 'practical' 'quick-fix' advice before things get really bad. Yes ask Waheguru for help but he also needs advice on the lines of speak to the headmaster, start being more physical/aggresive etc and even look at moving schools? I know some people will say why let the bullies win but he initially needs to get his plan of action formulated before kicking @ss!

Guru fateh

Guest possibility

Fateh! is it possible for bhai Roop Singh to visit your school? I remember he came to my school when i was young and i was bullied, but after his visit no one said anything to me every again. Plus he lives in leeds too! i dont know how to contact him tho maybe someone at your gurdvara will know. Fateh!

Stay strong Singh... I think you definitely need someone to go in and do a talk about Sikhi maybe in an assembly or something. Where are you from Singh?

Maybe someone from your Gurdwara or some other sevadar could go in and educate the other children about the beauty of Sikhi and the Sikhi Saroop.

Guest amar_jkp

ok so i live in leeds im 14 years old and belive in sikhi and have alot of fait and trust in maharaj i have not takn amrit yet but am planing on taking it later this year.

i have been felling very down and depresed over theese last couple of months and have lost faith in guru ji becasue of the raceism i have been going through at school sometimes i wish i hd nothing to do with sikhi.

me and my class got along really well for the first 2 years of school (no raceism) but only this year i have start to hear some of my close friends make comments on sikhism but they dont diect the comments to me but to oneo my other friends and he i half sikh and does not keep his kesh or turban but i do and the things they say to him about sikhism are very demeaning but doesen care he jut lafs and carys on any time someone says hair they all start maing jokes.

now my friends from oter forms think its ok to be raceist i have tryed the saint wayandtryed t tak to the racists ad done paat and ardass asng for gurus belessing and asked mahaaj what i shud do next eve time itlk to the raceists the sed tey wont do it again but still theydo i keep on telling them to stop but half the time they jutsay tat wasnt raceist and make up excusize i told teachrs that i thought could do something but they dont do anything. if i go to the soldier and take a shaster out i would proberbly get expelled from the school and be neducated for the rest of my life and ive tryed using my fists just got in to a fight and made things worse.

please sadh sangat ji can you read part 2 of this post.

Raceism against Sikhs is everywhere . I had done my schooling from Delhi in a Jain School dominated by Hindus mostly punjabis . The amount of raceism exists in the Hindu punajabis is nothing compare Sullas or Goras. Thanks to this hatred against Sikhs i become relegious and proudy Khalasthani . I formed my own Sikh group against these snake worshippers and always push them for debate on relegion . I dont deny that i have become a Hindu Hater but whose to blame ? Not me . They started it and we will finish it.

My Advice is be brave be a SIKH and fight back .