Mother-In-Law Ideas

Guest gupt

I am trying to write on famous sikh women. I don't have much knowledge and am a complete <banned word filter activated> but Waheguru Ji has blessed me with this service to write. I try to find women (from the time period of the Guru Jis) and I try to write about how we can use them as role models in our lifes.

example:

daughter = might be Bibi Bhani Ji

mother = Mata Sundri Ji

Grandmother = Mata Gujri Ji

I just don't have enough knowledge to connect a name with a mother-in-law.....

I am trying to write on famous sikh women. I don't have much knowledge and am a complete <banned word filter activated> but Waheguru Ji has blessed me with this service to write. I try to find women (from the time period of the Guru Jis) and I try to write about how we can use them as role models in our lifes.

example:

daughter = might be Bibi Bhani Ji

mother = Mata Sundri Ji

Grandmother = Mata Gujri Ji

I just don't have enough knowledge to connect a name with a mother-in-law.....

All those mothers would have been amazing mother-in-laws too. Maybe link the 2 together...

A very influencle sikh mother in law would be Sardarni Sada Kaur. She was married into the Kanhaiya misl, who where one of the most powerful misl's. Her husband was killed in a battle by the Suckerchakia Sardars misl.

Sada Kaur had the persuasive powers to arrange the marriage of her daughter Mehtab Kaur to the Sukherchakia heir the future Maharaja of Punjab. Sardar Ranjit Singh.

Sardarni Sada Kaur may have had many faults but she was the one person who according to history influenced and persuaded Sher-e-Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh to fulfil his destiny. To acheive the prophecy of our beloved Guru i.e. Raj karega Khalsa. When the misldars where contemplating what to do with the ahmed shah abdali (duranni's) ambition of conquering punjab / hindustan (as it was called then), Sada Kaur talked Ranjit Singh into staying and fighting the afghans and protecting the civilans whom they had taken rakhi of. After convincing Ranjit Singh he convinced all of the Misl Sardars and repelled the conquest on more than one occasion.

However, Sada Kaur's nature and character according to history was questionable. So please do the research yourself and get all the facts. However there are many many Sikh females who were great. They did great things, ladies suchs as all the Gurus mothers, sisters and daughters. Another great mother in law would have been Bibi Ramo ji who was Guru Amardas Ji's wife and then when bhai jetha ji married bibi Bhani ji, he became the son in law. Bhai Jetha ji was to be renamed Guru Ram Das Ji, the 4th Guru. So obviously Bibi Ramo Ji must have been one of the greatest mother in law's of all time. Having the honour of being married to a Guru and being the mother in law of a Guru also.

Bhul ckuk marf if anything is wrong it was not with maliace only what I have learnt. Please do correct the thread with inaccrucies.