Help Please

Guest help

i need help to stop smoking, im obviously a monah but would like peoples ideas on how to quit, the quit smoking online tips are pretty rubbish, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated, i know it takes willpower aswell and i am willing to put as much in as possible, but any other help would be much appreciated, thank you

Guest Guest

Choose a day and stop completely. Don't try to cut down slowly or just have one or two occasionally - this will inevitably lead to failure. Use nicotine patches if you think you won't be able to survive without them, and try to avoid the company of other smokers. Other than that there is no magical technique to stop, it is down to your own willpower I guess.

Props to quiting the habit,

the thing is its hard to give up habits especially ones that are addicting, u need inner strength and power,

The Shabad i have posted below: memorize it and do repitions of it, when u are ready and u havent smoked for a week or so do ardas at the Gurudwara and make a promise to yourself and your Guru That u will never touch a cigarette ever again, Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee saved us from this cancer causing intoxicant, so many ppl smoke, Guru Sahib told us to stay away and take the real drug the real pain reliever anxiety reliever that is neevr exhausted= Naam Gurbani jee,

Gurbani is for everyone, the first step is to make that bond on the inside with Guru Sahib, Dont feel like oh ima mona watever or sumthing like that, u were born into this religion so dont take it for granted, this is a huge step towards Good health in ur future :)

ਤਜਿ ਸਾਦ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ॥

तजि साद सहज सुखु होई ॥

Ŧaj sāḏ sahj sukẖ ho▫ī.

Abandon the tastes of the world, and find intuitive peace.

ਘਰ ਛਡਣੇ ਰਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥

घर छडणे रहै न कोई ॥

Gẖar cẖẖadṇe rahai na ko▫ī.

All must abandon their worldly homes; no one remains here forever.

You may want to consider hypnosis.

A guy who used to work with me was a smoker and he tried to quit a number of times. He went to a hypnotist, just one session, and he never smoked again.

Sounds amazing, but it may not be for everyone, but he only had one session and he is smoke-free to this day. Akaal Purkh works in many ways so give it a try and see what happens.

Ardaas + Hukamnama, thats the answer to every question. If you ask maharaj what to do and ask him to be able to understand what he is saying is the answer and ask him to be able to follow that, it may work. Make sure you also ask for naam in ardaas as well.

But thats only if you actually follow it, if it doesnt work its because you didn't understand/follow it properly or lack of sharda...

Some chemists like Boots having smoking cessation programmes, where you get follow up appointments so you can monitor your progress and get support. Choosing a day to stop is good, like mentioned above. Also make sure you have no cigarettes or ashtrays or anything smoking-related lying around to tempt you. Everyday set aside the money you would ordinarily use for smoking, and collect it in a fund towards some sort of reward which you want. Try to get in touch with other people who are quitting, even if they're older than you, because everybody is in the same boat and you could all do with support.