Worldly Entanglements (Potential Family Dispute) - Need Advice Please!

Guest Confused_Abhilashi

Guest Confused_Abhilashi

Dear Sadhsangat Ji,

I need your advice regarding a situation I'm facing in my family.

I stay in a joint family with my family and my brother is taking alot of my parent's assets on some pretext or other. But somehow my parents are fine with it. On one hand I would like to protect my children's interest in making sure that we also get our due and equal share. However I'm the one who is being projected as the greedy one, whereas I only want everything to be done in a fair manner.

However if I keep thinking of how to stop this or counter this injustice mymind gets so upset that it is affecting my medidation (whatever little I do) and I'm not able to get peace of mind.

Please advice what should I do?

I have now decided that I'll leave everything to my parents and if they feel they are doing justice, then let it be! However I miss out on some assests then.

I know I'm also getting affected by maya. However I need to protect my child's future. Or maybe who the hell am "I"...Waheguru Ji will protect his future...isn't it? But on the other hand, Waheguru Ji has given us mind to think and protect what is rightly ours, isn't it? I'm a bit confused.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I betcha you the younger one and your elder brother is asking control all over assist (whatever they are)? Sure it is your parents choice how to distribute their assets but many thing plays in the game; like who was managing it and helping parents around and taking care of their health/well being. If you were playing your equal part then they should distribute the assets equally but still its their choice.

One thing for sure.. Such dealings should strictly only involve- you, your parents and your brother. Keep your wife and your sister-in-law away from such dealings. To my thinking all such family feuds/fights comes because of their interference. With all due respect, i totally believe that such issues can be solved with clear communication. Without any offense, Do not worry how your kids will survive.. teach them how to earn on their own and stand on their own legs rather than depending on parents.

Gurfateh

Personally i think all siblings should get an equal inheritance boys and girls. But end of the day its up to ur parents who they give their assets to. Its not a god given right. Of course ur family is going to think ur being greedy and jelaous if your going to say wheres my share, after they just gave ur bruv something. Maybe your bro is taking it as a loan or investment which he might payback. As for your kids future surely you work, so instead of asking for freebies on a plate do it urself. Sorry if i sound harsh but you cant expect inhertance as a birthright you have to earn the privlage. Theres always 2 sides to a story so if your bro is conning your parents then its wrong and your parents should wise up but if they want him to have their assets maybe its something hes earnt over the years.

In my opinion, Whatever Guroo Saahib Jee is doing is for the best of things. You know this kind of reminds me of a story. A family in India had bought a new truck. They took it to Hazoor Saahib to do ardaas for the new truck. Mistakenly, the Granthi Singh Jee doing the ardaas, did the ardaas that the family had brought the truck as a charraavaah. So the family ended up giving the new truck there, which they had bought with hard earned money. They took train back. When they boarded the train, in their compartment, they found a briefcase, in it was money, totaling double the value of the new truck. As if this wasn't enough, they turned this in to the Rail Police. The Rail Police said if no one claims it, in 30 days, then it is yours, and they will give them a reward for their honesty. In 30 days no one claimed it, and all that money was theirs.

Lesson of the Story: Don't worry if it seems like your brother is taking all of the assets. Just keep faith in Guroo Saahib.

In my opinion, Whatever Guroo Saahib Jee is doing is for the best of things. You know this kind of reminds me of a story. A family in India had bought a new truck. They took it to Hazoor Saahib to do ardaas for the new truck. Mistakenly, the Granthi Singh Jee doing the ardaas, did the ardaas that the family had brought the truck as a charraavaah. So the family ended up giving the new truck there, which they had bought with hard earned money. They took train back. When they boarded the train, in their compartment, they found a briefcase, in it was money, totaling double the value of the new truck. As if this wasn't enough, they turned this in to the Rail Police. The Rail Police said if no one claims it, in 30 days, then it is yours, and they will give them a reward for their honesty. In 30 days no one claimed it, and all that money was theirs.

Lesson of the Story: Don't worry if it seems like your brother is taking all of the assets. Just keep faith in Guroo Saahib.

I have a dvd of someone stating this in a katha, i will add the title later. Somegursikh asked for ardas and blessings as he had bought a new jeep. The gaini thought he wanted to charrah the vehcile so stated it in the ardas. As the ardas was performed to god the gursikh donated the keys of the jeep, even though he just wanyed to ask fpr blessings. His intention was not to donate the jeep. But as he went with a true heart he was not bitter. Hetook the train home to punjab on the train someone asked him to look after a breifcase. The person dissapeared so the gursikh went back to sachkand their a baba told him due 2 ur sharda maharaj guru gobind singh ji paid him darshan in the case was the exact money he paid for the jeep. Sorry if this is typed wrong or rough im doing it on my phone and have fat fingers.