Meat Being Served In Langar

Lets forget the FACT for a minute that meats not allowed to be served in langar.

If the committee members think meats allowed, then if a Muslim comes to the gurdwara, do you think he will have the sausages???

Then how will this 'langar' be acceptable for all?

Isn't it best to keep, vegetarian food? Plus its cheaper, better for the environment, better for Sikhi, better for taste.

If they really love sausages, then why not buy these: http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/sect/CMSB_Veggie_Sausages.html ?

The following video on youtube shows the sewadars of the above mentioned Southampton Gurdwara performing the annual Nishan Sahib Sewa. It's worth noting that the same "Langar" hall where the bacon, sausages and eggs are fried is used to changed the chola of the Nishan Sahib.

Once again, it cannot be stressed that the conduct of this committee, who have been following their own manmat maryada for many years, needs to be addressed at a national panthic level. If our UK Panthic leadership feel we deserve any form of a Sikh sovereign state in Punjab or a Khalistan then the dismissal of gross beadbi issues in the UK Sikh community makes their cause hypocritical and void.

There can be no claim on Sikh Sovereignty if there is no focus on core Sikh Principles. There are currently 15 UK Gurdwaras (mentioned above) which need urgent addressing by the Leadership and local Sangat. The buck cannot be passed by anyone anymore and if the committees carry on allowing meat and alcohol on the Gurdwara premises (inc. associated party halls) then the panth needs to act by outcasting these people.

Everytime there is a post about beadbi it becomes many pages long, with each post saying something should be done, yet no one is! Why is there no jathebandi being formed to deal with these issues? At the very least EVERY jatha and samprada should be at least putting out statements against these happenings, yet there is nothing but silence.

I think or would hope that there is an abundance of youth who would be willing to take a stand but there needs to be some unifying factor and direction, thats why I think its important that a jathebandi or a committee be set up to peacefully and systematically put a stop to such outright beadbi, which can act as a medium for the masses to exert pressure on the guilty gurdwara committees.

Moaning on forums and making phonecalls in not going to get us anywhere. Its up to those who are involved in higher level seva and have the contacts to organise something, then the rest can get involved.

Edit: Thinking about it, Sikh Channel has the potential to do alot about it if it took the issue up. The unfortunate thing is that they completely overlooked the grays issue despite being told about it by much of the sangat, if we can't get any leaders to organise anything (tbh it doesn't look hopeful), maybe we could all point the pressure to sikh channel?

Singhstah, I totally agree with where you're coming from. But in the absence of any suitable leadership or jathebhandi coming forward to address the whole Meat-Sharab-Party Hall issue in Gurdwaras, then all we have is the ground level members of the sangat (people like you and me) who need to create a high profile case for these anti-sikh activities. That may mean ranting and raving on the internet and calling the committees offices. It's about reawakening the Gursikhs who have become very comfortable accepting these activities in Gurdwaras and have made themselves numb to it.

I personally think all the 15 Prabhandak committees should be held fully accountable for allowing this GROSS BEADBI to exist under their leadership and should either abolish the Meat-Sharab-Party Hall or be ex-communicated from the Panth with immediate effect. I know some Singhs in Punjab are battling the bureaucracy of the admin at Akal Takht Sahib to get this mataa passed..

Until then... as from this moment I think (this is my opinion only, people can take it which ever way they want) any Gursikh who truly believes in the betterment of the Khalsa Panth should NOT interact or associate with anyone who is involved in the committees of all the Gurdwara mentioned below. That means:

- Kirtaniya, ragis, kathakars, jathebhandis should refuse to attend any programmes at these Gurdwaras until the committee abolish the manmat.

- NO Youth Camps or Workshops should NOT be promoted in these Gurdwaras until the activities of the Meat-Sharab-Party Hall are terminated.

- Amritdharis who sit in these committees and do nothing to change the practice should do pesh infront of the Punj Pyaray at the next Amrit Sanchar

Think about it..if each panth-dardi Gursikh adopts this approach then we can collectively take these committees on and bring some positive change. Time to make these committees realise they don't deserve a place in the Sikh Kaum...

Gurdwara Tegh Bahadur Sahib - Southampton

Ramgharia Sikh Temple - Graham St, Birmingham

Ramgarhia Gurdwara - Small Heath, Birmingham

Ramgharia Gurdwara - Coventry

Ramgarhia Gurdwara - Leicester

Sri Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Gurdwara - Dudley

Ravidass Gurdwara - Wolverhampton

Guru Nanak Gurdwara - Telford

Ramgharia Gurdwara - Leeds.

Guru Gobind Sikh Temple - Sunderland

Guru Nanak Gurdwara - Huddersfield

Nanak Darbar Bhat Sikh Temple - Cardiff

Ramgharia Gurdwara - Woolwich, London

Guru Nanak Gurdwara - Swindon

Sikh Temple - Grays

With the jassa singh ramgharia hall next to the ramgharia gurdwara in birmingham

Do they actually serve meat and alcohol I know they have parties there's I have a

Wedding there in a couple of months not to sure I wanna go if they do

I do agree these comitee do need to change or go these halls should be used for

Gurmat activies and not parties

so what are we going to do about it???

what action is going to be taken????

we have soooo many keyboard warriors (you don't need any courage to type!)

So what's your plan kauragours ji? Typing may not be courageous.. but at least type some constructive contribution to resolving the issues.

I don't see why people seem to be waiting for others to make the first move. The whole point of "typing" is to share information/ideas over the internet and provide everyoned with the detailed facts. Now take the personal responsiblity and act upon the information supplied to you... by visiting the Gurdwaras, speak to the committees, write to the Gurdwaras, phone the committees, raise the awareness in your family members and local sangat, speak to your peers, speak to your local role model Singh/Singhni or local Kharkus.

Stop waiting for a miracle and start taking the lead yourself.

So what's your plan kauragours ji? Typing may not be courageous.. but at least type some constructive contribution to resolving the issues.

I don't see why people seem to be waiting for others to make the first move. The whole point of "typing" is to share information/ideas over the internet and provide everyoned with the detailed facts. Now take the personal responsiblity and act upon the information supplied to you... by visiting the Gurdwaras, speak to the committees, write to the Gurdwaras, phone the committees, raise the awareness in your family members and local sangat, speak to your peers, speak to your local role model Singh/Singhni or local Kharkus.

Stop waiting for a miracle and start taking the lead yourself.

Contact the Jathedars of the 5 Takhts and tell them about this beadbi and the other gurdwaras who let meat, sharab and tabacco in the gurdwara:

Giani Gurbachan Singh (Akal Takht) - 00 91 183 254 0820

Giani Balwant Singh (Damdama Sahib) - 00 91 164 242 5490

Giani Tarlochan Singh (Keshgarh Sahib) - 00 91 188 723 2023

Giani Kulwant Singh (Hazur Sahib) - 00 91 246 224 1266

Giani Ikbal Singh (Patna Sahib) - 00 91 612 264 2000

The UK Sikh Sangat doesnt seem to see this as an issue. The locals of Southampton have been ignoring this issue for many years. Now there is video evidence it still hasnt shaken anyone's soul. The sacha sauda by Guru Nanak has been reduced to a greasy fry up of eggs beans and meat!

My contact from inside Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara has confirmed that the committee has not received one phone call from any prominent UK Jathebandi or Sikh individual.

We are trying our best to stop this beadbi however we need pressure from other Gurdwaras and Organisations