Meat Being Served In Langar

No meat is allowed in the Gurdwara and any buildings that are owned or run by the Gurdwara members in any fashion.

Oh, I totally agree. No dead animal corpses are allowed for people to force down their throats and into their stomach (otherwise known as eating meat) in any fashion in any Gurdwara. I agree that no meat is allowed at all. I made that point to cover that 'wierd group of sikhs' who say "you can eat meat as a sikh as long as it is NOT halal' . I wanted to make sure that even these people did not have a leg to stand on (or a leg of lamb to stand on in this case)

Yeah, I totally agree, No means No - No Meat means No Meat.

Thank you for picking me up on that I wouldn't want people to think I agreed with ANY meat in the Gurdwara. I even know trimmed sikhs(muner) who eat meat who would die at the thought of meet in Gurdwara halls

I don't know what Gurudware people go to, but I ain't ever frequented one where meat is served - halal or not. Even the thought sends shivers down my spine - and not in a good way. Jeez - I just don't know what to think.

You could think that these committee members who organise the meat eating are people paid by anti-sikh agencies to break the Sikh Sangat from their religion. That seems the most obvious answer doesn't it?

Oh, I totally agree. No dead animal corpses are allowed for people to force down their throats and into their stomach (otherwise known as eating meat) in any fashion in any Gurdwara. I agree that no meat is allowed at all. I was just trying to say that the "you can eat meat as long as it halal' lot didn't have a leg to stand on (or a leg of lamb to stand on in this case)

Yeah, I totally agree, No means No - No Meat means No Meat.

Thank you for picking me up on that I wouldn't want people to think I agreed with ANY meat in the Gurdwara. I even know muner meat eaters who would die at the thought of meet in Gurdwara halls

You could think that these committee members who organise the meat eating are people paid by anti-sikh agencies to break the Sikh Sangat from their religion. That seems the most obvious answer doesn't it?

Its you that made me confused in the first place, lol! I was liking your post until I reached the part about halal meat. I thought you were advocating halal meat-eating in Gurudwaras! :umm: