Watch You Diet!!

Guest SikhForLife

wahe guru ji ka khalsa

wahe guru ji ki fateh

Anemia, Iron Deficiency

Brief Description of the Condition:

Anemia affects millions of people worldwide. Anemia is often characterized by fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. Muscle weakness, tingling in the extremities, depression, brittle nails, dry and/or pale skin, and light menstruation may also occur. It is most often caused by deficiency of iron due to low red blood cells or hemoglobin that results in less oxygen being stored in the muscles. Pernicious anemia is caused by Vitamin B12 deficiency

wahe guru ji ka khlasa

wahe guru ji ki fateh

^_^

eat SAAAGGGG!

:T:

heheheh

ma mum cooks saag as well. u can smell it from far when coming home...lol

it taste good after 2-3 days. i never eat it when its jus freshly cooked(jus some hting my dad told me and now has become habbit).

but yea put some makhnnee(butter, HOME MADE IF U CAN) in saagg it taste even better!

with makii di roti oh god'

l0lzzz :St:

i think "Ghurr"(the thing that is made with suger-canes juice) is another thing whic has iron(not sure, but i think it does)

grrr

dont i sound like a "Hakiimmmz of puraanaaa jammaan"(docz of old time)..lolzzz B)

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

Guest noonespecial

"my mom had same problem. She has started cooking in all sarbloh now and takes iron pills every day and now she is has got normal iron levels. I suggest you do dthe same.. sarbloh rehat really helps iron definciency.. "

Mkhalsa Veer,

Don't you think that perhaps the reason your mom's iron levels are back up to normal is because of the iron pills she's taking and not the sarbloh bibek?

Vahegurooooo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroooo Jee Kee Fathe!!!

One thing to note is that a sufficient supply of Vitamin C needs to be present in the body for the absorption of non-haem iron to take place.

Foods rich in Iron include:

Leafy green vegetables

Wholemeal bread

Dried fruits

Pulses Molasses

Foods rich in Vitamin C include:

Blackcurrants

Lemons

Pepper

Cabbage

Broccoli

Strawberries

Grapefruit

New potatoes

Fresh green vegetables

Tomatoes

Oranges

As for Vitamin B complex - Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B6 (Pyridoxine) and B12 (Cyanocobalamin) :

Vitamin B complex is needed for growth and functioning of nervous system; maintains muscle tone and releases energy from carbohydrates. Involved in metabolism of proteins, fatty acids and carbohydrates. It is also essential for healthy skin and nerves.

Foods rich in Vitamin B1, 2, 3, 6 & 12:

Wholemeal Flour

Whole cereals

Yeast extracts

Brown rice

Milk

Vahegurooooo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroooo Jee Kee Fateh!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i checked with my doctor and he said it is perfectly fine to be vegi ...AND that vegis live longer and eat food which is healthy too! so do not be afraid! :D )

another thing......if someone likes to change their diet from meat to vegetables (as i am doing day by day.....i was meat eater...and now after getting some info from AKJers i am on my way) there are some things that u need to do:

that thing is that there are some vitamins and some stuff like that which is a lot in meat.....AND that can also be found in vegis.....here is a list of how this can be done:

PROTEINS:

- eat a lot of milk products (lassi, dud, dahin, makhan, paneer)

- corn procducts (makki di rotti...kanak di rotti....i do not think we got problems here)

- a lot of nuts (kajoor, badaam, kaajoo,so on)

- use soya also (it reduces cancer and heart disease...remember Punjabi-Sikhs have a LOT of probs with dill-dian-bimarian)

IRON:

- bread and other corn products

CALCIUM:

- soya milk

- white bread

B12-VITAMINS: daily need = 2-3 micrograms

- milk

- cheese

- green vegis

[it is very important.....can give u lack of red blood cells..or something]

other Vitamins:

check sister Parmjoat Kaur's post....very good!

u may also take some tablets if there is a sudden need....

:T: so be vegis! it is BETTER.....health vise....