Watch You Diet!!

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

as many of us here are vegetarians and lack proper diet its neccessary to maintain a good healthy body, here are some of things to be careful of

http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/supplements/

check out the link for more information

heres what u can expect

B12

Vegetarians who do not eat meats, fish, eggs, milk or milk products, or B12 fortified foods consume no vitamin B12 and are at high risk of developing a deficiency of vitamin B12 (9, 25). When adults adopt a vegetarian diet, deficiency symptoms can be slow to appear because it usually takes years to deplete normal body stores of B12. However, severe symptoms of B12 deficiency, most often featuring poor neurological development, can show up quickly in children and breast-fed infants of women who follow a strict vegetarian diet (26).

Fortified cereals are one of the few plant food sources of vitamin B12, and are an important dietary source of B12 for vegetarians who consume no eggs, milk or milk products. Vegetarian adults who do not consume plant foods fortified with vitamin B12 need to consider taking a B12-containing supplement. Vegetarian mothers should consult with a pediatrician regarding appropriate vitamin B12 supplementation for their infants and children.

Permanent nerve damage can occur if vitamin B12 deficiency is not treated.

my dr says i lack iron in my body which makes me look really pale n affects me quite alot :D dunno y tho i eat alot of stuff that has iron in it

i lack vitam b6 :D bad wayz

BUT i've joined the gym made a plan of wat foods 2 eat n not maybe that should help im startin in the summer holidayz

sorry for going on hehehe.....

I think that You guys don't need vitamin pills if u r like under 30 or something.. Go for the old fashion way.. Eat SAAG lots of em.... and all those green green sabjeeyaa/salads and so called *yucky* stuff for teens..

Though that site where the article is from seems to be govt site. so i guess it's ok to trust em.. but most of time articles like this are funded by BIG big Fat $$ companies who wanted to crush down the vegetarian community..

my dr says i lack iron in my body which makes me look really pale n affects me quite alot

jeeo,

my mom had same problem. She has started cooking in all sarbloh now and takes iron pills every day and now she is has got normal iron levels. I suggest you do dthe same.. sarbloh rehat really helps iron definciency..

I think that You guys don't need vitamin pills if u r like under 30 or something.. Go for the old fashion way.. Eat SAAG lots of em.... and all those green green sabjeeyaa/salads and so called *yucky* stuff for teens..

:D )

hey Vicky Veerjee.......agree 100%!

mom cooks SAAG like every week.....and forces me to eat Bhindian and Karelle....... ; :D

green vegis.....GREAT!

jeeo,

my mom had same problem. She has started cooking in all sarbloh now and takes iron pills every day and now she is has got normal iron levels. I suggest you do dthe same.. sarbloh rehat really helps iron definciency..

hunji mkhalsa ji, im considering this rehat it would help me loads makes alot of sense :St: