Feel Lost

Guest _gupt singh_

Guest _gupt singh_

i feel really lost in my life at the moment. I have a great career (doctor), lots of friends, a great family. I used to be really into my sikhi, but i gave up and went down the manmukh path becauuse i found the path to difficult. I really regret this. I dont get any enjoyment from life. I buy things which i dont even use or open from packaging. On the surface i am happy, but inside i feel really incontent with my life. I am always aware that death is approaching, especially when i see ill elderly patients or certify someones death.

I went to the gurdvara today, first time for ages. for a moment i could feel the love i once had. Im not sure what im asking for really by posting this. I guess any advice, recommendations, personal stories may help. anybody else strayed and then been drawn back to the path and didnt know where to begin??

fateh

That's it...u begin! U begin ur journey back slowly but surely. U said u felt the love u once had, go back, see how u feel again.....take ur time........do it in ur own time.start doing the things that gave u a purpose........

Wot u are going through is what every human has to go through at least once in their life.......when u feel the way u do then its saying that what u are currently doing is not the right way for u or u need to do something different. Make one change in ur life now, for example, going back to the gurdwara, or anything that draws u at the moment at GUT level, not what u THINK is good for u. But what u FEEL is good for u...........ask maharaj for guidance........

That's it...u begin! U begin ur journey back slowly but surely. U said u felt the love u once had, go back, see how u feel again.....take ur time........do it in ur own time.start doing the things that gave u a purpose........

Wot u are going through is what every human has to go through at least once in their life.......when u feel the way u do then its saying that what u are currently doing is not the right way for u or u need to do something different. Make one change in ur life now, for example, going back to the gurdwara, or anything that draws u at the moment at GUT level, not what u THINK is good for u. But what u FEEL is good for u...........ask maharaj for guidance........

I'm being taught the lesson (once AGAIN!) that friends are false in this world. I have had an incredible number of friends in my life and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have let me down. I go through cycles where I begin to put my love and trust in people and they stab me in the back, and the pain I feel is so deep it feels like my heart and mind have been torn in two.

It happens about twice a year, and yet I keep forgetting Guru Nanak, my only friend and turning back to these demonic people.

I call them demonic because although they portray to be virtuous and to love and care about me, they are always plotting against me, friends truly never want us to be happy unless they do naam jaap (dedicatedly and truly).

Life is one ego race and although most don't realise it, people would gladly stab one another in the back to get higher, this is why hitlers supporters followed him, he made them feel good and superior to jews, getting an ego boost is like drugs to people, we all want to ascend but getting ego to feel above others or above the world is going about it the wrong way, we have shed it so we can truly do naam jaap, the two cannot operate together and having ego keeps us attached to the world and prevents our acsension, as we're constantly on a mission to be better than others, a wordly desire.

Constant naam jaap keeps the ego away and reading gurbani helps us shed our ego, knowing that we are the dirt of all is a good way to view our place in the world. Without naam we'll keep on getting backstabbed and looking for ways to feel superior and more special than others, there is no doubting this fact at all.

Ego keeps us stuck to the world but with naam jaap we ascend, as long as we stay attached to friends, we cannot progress further with naam jaap.

Guest NY3HY3

i feel really lost in my life at the moment. I have a great career (doctor), lots of friends, a great family. I used to be really into my sikhi, but i gave up and went down the manmukh path becauuse i found the path to difficult. I really regret this. I dont get any enjoyment from life. I buy things which i dont even use or open from packaging. On the surface i am happy, but inside i feel really incontent with my life. I am always aware that death is approaching, especially when i see ill elderly patients or certify someones death.

I went to the gurdvara today, first time for ages. for a moment i could feel the love i once had. Im not sure what im asking for really by posting this. I guess any advice, recommendations, personal stories may help. anybody else strayed and then been drawn back to the path and didnt know where to begin??

fateh

Yeah I know how your feelin, this one day I didn't want to go to gurdwara. I felt bad so I went, then I felt good. It was a great moment for me, because I didn't want to go and then I decided I want to go. It wasn't the going part that brought happiness to me, it was the fact that I went. I went because if I didn't go, I would of felt bad. I don't like feeling bad, that's why I go to gurdwara. If I don't go, I feel bad, when I go I feel good.

Guest apradhi

I am in the same position.....

took amrit simply at the age of 11...without understanding its main purpose.Which is to do bhagti....then I cut my hair....when I was still a kurehti...did simran...simran will run all day..plus kept amrit wela...but then I fell from the avastha.....then i commited more kurehit being influenced by maya and kalyug...

have tried many times to uplift my jivan before I go back for peshi....it just doesnt work out...tho I feel peacefull by goin to gurdwara...

but there is just no proper sangat where I live......

feell like killin myself sometimes...

I hate hate hate hate hate hate myself.......

Guest apradhi

forgot to add that..I hate myself to such an extent..that I feel UNWORTHY of japping naam and doing simran....

it would have been better if I died in birth, at least I wouldn't have turned my back in such a way and repeatedly to Guru ji....

tell me, who can help me?

all HOPE i had is just lot...

Guest NY3HY3

forgot to add that..I hate myself to such an extent..that I feel UNWORTHY of japping naam and doing simran....

it would have been better if I died in birth, at least I wouldn't have turned my back in such a way and repeatedly to Guru ji....

tell me, who can help me?

all HOPE i had is just lot...

You need to understand the basic tenants of sikhism. You feel unworthy of japping naam. Why do we naam jap? If we are already at a clean avastha, would naam japping be necessary? In sikhism the ultimate goal is to find god, one who has a clean avastha means they've accomplished this goal. Naam japing is what cleanses our path. If you can't naam jap right now, go out and do seva. If you don't feel comfortable going to a gurdwara, then go find a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter. Sitting around in front of the computer is not going to help you. Read gurbani, understand gurbani. "Hum pappi tum paap khundun" God is the destroyer of sins, if we didn't commit sins, then how can we call god the destroyer of sins? "Sacha sahib sadh miharwan" God is forever merciful and forgiving.

On a side note, at least your ego is down. Sometimes it takes a smack in the face for someone to lose their ego. You lost everything including your ego. Start again, I say throwing everything drown the drain is worth it if you lose your ego. The ego is the absolute hardest thing to lose. Even the biggest of biggest sadhs, rishis never mastered complete control of their ego. Now's your chance to run, quit your crying and man up.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh piyario!

I was in the same situation a couple months back. But a Piyari Penji helped me out! :) This is what she said to me, and with Guru Sahibs Kirpa been following the instructions! Hope this helps! :)

WaheguruJeeKaKhalsa,WaheguruJeeKiFateh!

Getting back on track when you're at a low isn't always easy or quick, but joo can do it! I've found that starting with small steps can help...if you're struggling even with basic nitnem, then going all-out all of a sudden won't work in most circumstances. But pleaseeee don't let go of your nitnem. Missing even a single day will lead to more weaknesses and troubles down the road, so as hard as you may find it to stick with it right now, it's essential and you'll get nowhere without it.

Maybe start by waking up just half an hour earlier, doing simran and nitnem, and then add a few extra short baanis to begin. Try Shabad Haazaray, Basant Ki Vaar and Raamkali Ki Vaar. This won't add too much time to your schedule, but it's a small start that will get your motor rolling again. Slowly increase time-wise and the number of baanis from there...this could be over the course of a few weeks or a month or whatever. Once you've added these to your nitnem, start doing these (or other) extra baanis in the morning AND at night.

Another suggestion is to start a sehaj paath. Having daily darshan of Gurbaani is important, and doing a sehaj paath will also give you a sense of accomplishment. The spiritual benefits are obvious too. You could set a daily target like even just 10 angs per day to start. This is a good tool for times when you're low as you'll be setting a pattern, slowly attaching yourself to baani, and you'll see the change in how you're feeling from when you start to the middle to the bhog.

The balancing act of managing career, family, friends, etc. with Sikhi is just a matter of discipline really. As long as you keep Sikhi on top of everything else, in addition to being intertwined with everything else, then you should be good to go. Basically, amritvela is a must. Without it, your whole day is already off to a bad start. If waking up at 2 - 2:30 is extremely difficult for you, even aiming for 4am is okay. Without these early morning hours being dedicated to naam and baani, you can consider your whole day a waste. This is what I've been told by Gursikhs and it rings true in my own experience as well. So once you've got amritvela going, career, family, friends...everything just falls into place itself. Having Gursikh sangat is also important as they can help keep Sikhi front and centre.

Sadly, there's no "quick-fix" to getting back on track that I'm aware of, but with effort and discipline, it can be done. All of this will help create a "shield" around you and all the negative comments, self-doubt, etc. will bounce right off it without even touching you.

Just try to make SOME small positive change, ONE small positive step and then all the right things will start falling into place and you'll be back on track in no time. Hope this helps!