Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Astral

Do You Have To Be Amritdhari To Wear Kirpan

30 posts in this topic

Thanks once again mohinder pal ji on expanding on your points.

(Guru ji is Giving Satgurship to the Khalsa, Not just ordinary Sikhs like us who just took Amrit and are wearing Kirpan; but ACTUAL Pure KHALS Gurusiks[Puran SANT,MAHAPursh and Brhamgyanis)

But also I would like to add that I am not khalsa even though I have taken amrit from the panj pyare and wear a kirpan. I heard from a mahapursh that khalsa is only those who have conquered their panj chor and have self realised etc and khalsa can be anyone from any religion due to this. I'm on the path to become khalsa with waheguru's kirpa one day.

Sakhis told by Sants are written in Sooraj Parkash, Mahima Parkash etc. Sampardas are not always correct and the sakhi you posted is ridiculous because Gurbani states that only Naam is the savior and no one will be recognized with their religion in court of God. Only deeds count.

?

i think if you are Sahejdhaari an ready to become Amritdhaari and you are in full rehat,maryada then you should

Not all kirpan wearers are amritdharis, but all amritdharis wear kirpan.

What I am saying is go ahead, moghals wore kirpaana yet they weren't amritdhari. Shastars aren't exclusive to amritdharis, however kakaars are. If you are just wearing the kakaara to get used to them and are taking amrit soon, then its fine, but if not then no.

So what i'm saying, wear the kirpan but if you dont plan to take amrit than dont see it has a kakaar but just a regular knife.

There is little point carrying a shastar if you dont have the training or knowedge on how to use it...in the case of a knife..your more likely to have it taken off you and having it used on you...You do realise should you stab someone with a shastar and not be able to prove justifiable force or self defecne...your likely to go to jail..Hence if you dont know the weapon and it's limitations, uses, boundaries...dont carry one.
Before you carry shastar learn how to respect the shastar, take up the relevant training. You can even use a reasonably large kara as a shastar doesnt have to be a knife, you can use keys...slyh etc.
I recommend you learn self defence and self preservtion, 1stly why cant you find an alternative safer route home through entries..where you know your more likely to end up in a situation...even if the other way is longer...if it's safer use it.

And you should also listen to what this singh said here. Learning to use the weapons is more important than actually carrying one.

Edited by ShasterSingh

Edited by Singh123456777