Do You Have To Be Amritdhari To Wear Kirpan

Do you believe that no one was "guru wala" before Guru nanak dev ji took sargun form. Was bhagat kabeer Ji/ raja janak etc khalsa and guru wale? (as they were before guru nanak dev ji took sargun form)

This question has been addressed many times on this forum. I am sure if you do search you will find many topics on it. Bhagats whose bani is enshrined in Guru Granth Sahib were Sikhs of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and some bhagats lived during the time Guru Amardas Ji was on guruship. Gurbani answers how Janak, Ganika etc obtained mukti.

Actually there are 18 big naraks and charasi joon is narak as well. The definition of narak is different but it does exist ask a gian kandi he will recall as he can see this if you have doubts.

Gurbani doesn’t limit number of hells to 18 but I believe they do exist. My point was that Sikhs are not concerned about them. Whosoever follows Gurbani will never go to heaven or hell. Human birth is part of 84 joonis. Gurbani calls it a rare opportunity not hell.

Sakhis told by Sants are written in Sooraj Parkash, Mahima Parkash etc. Sampardas are not always correct and the sakhi you posted is ridiculous because Gurbani states that only Naam is the savior and no one will be recognized with their religion in court of God. Only deeds count.

Like I said singh learn from the kathas....

"This question has been addressed many times on this forum. I am sure if you do

search you will find many topics on it. Bhagats whose bani is enshrined in Guru

Granth Sahib were Sikhs of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and some bhagats lived during the

time Guru Amardas Ji was on guruship. Gurbani answers how Janak, Ganika etc

obtained mukti."

This question also answered in the kathas please listen. Tbh the forum's replies can't be compared to the kathas of brahm gianis

"Gurbani doesn’t limit number of hells to 18 but I believe they do exist. My

point was that Sikhs are not concerned about them. Whosoever follows Gurbani

will never go to heaven or hell. Human birth is part of 84 joonis. Gurbani calls

it a rare opportunity not hell."

Also of course human life is precious but I was talking about being a dog, maggot etc. But another reason is that charci joon is hell is that through these cycles 1 has to die and be born again and again. The pain is equivelent to 1000 scorpion bites when 1 is born and 1 dies hence it is a type of narak.

"ridiculous because Gurbani states that only Naam is the savior and no one will

be recognized with their religion in court of God"

Don't other religions have naam? I assure you hindus have naam so do muslims etc

Real Purpose of Giving Charanamrit or Khande di Paul was to Activate the Real Amrit in Dasam Dwar(Trikuti).

But i am 100% sure that Akal Cannot be realized unless Chela has the Guidance of Guru(Vaho Vaho Gobind Singh Ape Gur Chela). Bhagat Kabeer's Guru was Guru Ramanand ji, Bhagat Tirloachan' s Guru was kabeer ji, Sukhdev Muni's Guru was Bhagat janak, Bhagat Dhru's and Prahlad's Guru was Narad Muni ji.

They all gave specific Ways to their Chelas to Realize their Souls(Man tu Jot Saroop Hain.Apna Mool Pachan). Also CharanAmrit is the Oldest Maryada since Satyug to turn the Seeker into Disciple(Chela).

After 9th patshahi, This Maryada was changed becuase Guruji must have forseen the future that if the CharanaAmrit maryada is contiued, than All would goto Different Fake Gurus and Take Charanamrit. Also the Main Objective of bringing out Khande di Phaul was to bring all sikhs under one Unity Flag-KHALSA-SINGH which is essential for Future Khalsa Raaj

Yes very good points mohinder pal Ji. Guru is essential and thanks for clearing up what guru Ji means for everyone :D

Also your last point can be a possible reason why guru ji gave kande di phaul to stop people falling to fakes as well.

But I got to add there may be a lots of fakes but among them are few who are real as well. Like sant Jagjit singh said that you can get nam from the panj pyaree but also a puran brahm giani can give you naam as well. Like in the case of guru ramanand for bhagat kabeer ji, guru ramanand was puran hence could give naam to bhagat kabeer ji.

Very true Manswisdom,

Apart from Panj Pyare, Khande da Amrit can be taken from Realized Souls(Puran Sant,Mahapursh, Brahmagyanis). Beacuse when 5 pyares were appointed for First time by Guruji, Guru ji made sure that those Panj Payres are Sir Tar Gali Meri Aao wale Gursikhs thats is why those Selected Ones went inside the Tmboo(Tent) and Nobody Knows what happened exactly in the Tent Even THough There was a Blood on Gurujis' Sword.

Please remember that First Guruji gave them AMRIT, and than They gave Amrit to Guruji and Other Gursikhs.

KHALSA MERO SATGUR POORA(Guru ji is Giving Satgurship to the Khalsa, Not just ordinary Sikhs like us who just took Amrit and are wearing Kirpan; but ACTUAL Pure KHALS Gurusiks[Puran SANT,MAHAPursh and Brhamgyanis)

JAB Eh gaye Biprin Ki Reet, Main na Karoon In Ki Parteet. Real meaning of Biprin ki Reet is Following your Own path intead of Gurujis path. All Know what had happened to AJAMAL when his GUru told him Strictly not to go from Inside the City and Shud go from Jungle side. He didnot follow His guru's Teaching and till the emd He Suffered Pain,Poverty. Only NARAYAN NARAYAN Saved him

Thanks once again mohinder pal ji on expanding on your points.

(Guru ji is Giving Satgurship to the Khalsa, Not just ordinary Sikhs like us who just took Amrit and are wearing Kirpan; but ACTUAL Pure KHALS Gurusiks[Puran SANT,MAHAPursh and Brhamgyanis)

But also I would like to add that I am not khalsa even though I have taken amrit from the panj pyare and wear a kirpan. I heard from a mahapursh that khalsa is only those who have conquered their panj chor and have self realised etc and khalsa can be anyone from any religion due to this. I'm on the path to become khalsa with waheguru's kirpa one day.

Sakhis told by Sants are written in Sooraj Parkash, Mahima Parkash etc. Sampardas are not always correct and the sakhi you posted is ridiculous because Gurbani states that only Naam is the savior and no one will be recognized with their religion in court of God. Only deeds count.

?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Not all kirpan wearers are amritdharis, but all amritdharis wear kirpan.

What I am saying is go ahead, moghals wore kirpaana yet they weren't amritdhari. Shastars aren't exclusive to amritdharis, however kakaars are. If you are just wearing the kakaara to get used to them and are taking amrit soon, then its fine, but if not then no.

So what i'm saying, wear the kirpan but if you dont plan to take amrit than dont see it has a kakaar but just a regular knife.

There is little point carrying a shastar if you dont have the training or knowedge on how to use it...in the case of a knife..your more likely to have it taken off you and having it used on you...You do realise should you stab someone with a shastar and not be able to prove justifiable force or self defecne...your likely to go to jail..Hence if you dont know the weapon and it's limitations, uses, boundaries...dont carry one.
Before you carry shastar learn how to respect the shastar, take up the relevant training. You can even use a reasonably large kara as a shastar doesnt have to be a knife, you can use keys...slyh etc.
I recommend you learn self defence and self preservtion, 1stly why cant you find an alternative safer route home through entries..where you know your more likely to end up in a situation...even if the other way is longer...if it's safer use it.

And you should also listen to what this singh said here. Learning to use the weapons is more important than actually carrying one.

• 10 months later...