Need 2 Get Back On Track.

Guest Kaami

6) Forgot to mention FOOD, it's important to eat healthy and avoid oily foods. If you aren't bibeki then at least eat food made from people who you know won't have lustfull thoughts while making it

And OP is right, weightlifting will only increase testoterone, and plus GIRLS at the gym don't wear much clothes which doesn't make things easier

Call me crazy, but thats why I don't go to public gyms anymore

Dass agrees on point 1 & 4 said by dass, but wish to elaborate more. :)

When you say "Need 2 Get Back On Track"...

From the limited understanding dass has. There is only 1 track in the house of Guru Nanak. That is the track of Prema Bhagti.

The whole of gurbani wants to make Sikhs do Bhagti and make them Bhagats. :)

When you do it, you are actually adding fuel to the fire. Because your urges will increase more and more. This will cause the fire to become bigger and bigger! It can lead to kurehit to..so beware!

Yes, when u do it, you escape the urges...but it is only temporarily. But they will come back wont they?? :)

The mind is the root of all such problems.

All cures are there in Gurbani, go and seach and you shall find. :)

These are some suggestions:

1. make a firm conviction to do bhagti as per Gurmat. There is no other way to escape vikaars.(stay humble and avoid ninda at all cost) In Gurmat , Guru Sahib wants us to jap naam 24/7.

2. Attend Satsangat regularly and make sure your concentrate and meditate on Gurbani and Naam there.Keep trying if u cant.

3. Leave bad sangat completely. Kaami discussions just encourage such stuff. Avoid kaami shows on TV & websites.

4.Do all the 7 banis of nitnem with firm conviction without failure. ex-Jatheydar Bhai Raam Singh(AKJ) use to say that Nitnem provides a Sikh a fence against vikaar. To escape temptations one needs to do extra simran and bani. (am pretty sure ur lacking in your nitnem)

5. Do simran all the time.Walking+sitting.

6. Read book by Gurmukhs, reading their books is a way of doing their sangat. BHai Sahib Randhir Singh jis books are highly recommended.

7. Be honest and genuine towards Guru Sahib.

bhul satguru maaf karan...

When you do it, you are actually adding fuel to the fire. Because your urges will increase more and more. This will cause the fire to become bigger and bigger! It can lead to kurehit to..so beware!

Yes, when u do it, you escape the urges...but it is only temporarily. But they will come back wont they??

Validation stamp of Bhai Gurdass Jee:

icMqwmix guru Cif kY icMqwmix icMqw n gvwey]

chi(n)thaaman gur shhadd kai chi(n)thaaman chi(n)thaa n gavaaeae||

The traditional wish fulfilling fabulous gem (chintamani) cannot remove anxiety if one could not cultivate the Guru, chintamani.

icqvxIAw lK rwiq idhu qRws n iqRsnw Agin buJwey]

chithavaneeaa lakh raath dhihu thraas n thrisanaa agan bujhaaeae||

Many hopes and disappointments scare man day in and day out and the fire of desires it never quenched.

suienw rupw Aglw mwxk moqI AMig hMFwey]

sueinaa rupaa agalaa maanak mothee a(n)g ha(n)dtaaeae||

Plenty of gold, wealth, rubies and pearls are worn by man.

pwt ptMbr pYnH kY coAw cMdn mih mhkwey]

paatt patta(n)bar painh kai choaa cha(n)dhan mehi mehakaaeae||

Wearing silken garment scatters around the fragrance of sandal etc.

hwQI GoVy pwKry mhl bgIcy suPl Plwey]

haathhee ghorrae paakharae mehal bageechae sufal falaaeae||

Man keeps elephants, horses, palaces, and fruit laden gardens.

suMdir nwrI syj suKu mwieAw moih Doih lptwey]

su(n)dhar naaree saej sukh maaeiaa mohi dhhohi lapattaaeae||

Enjoying the pleasure-giving bed along with beautiful women, he remains engrossed in many deceptions and infatuations.

bldI AMdir qylu ijau Awsw mnsw duiK ivhwey]

baladhee a(n)dhar thael jio aasaa manasaa dhukh vihaaeae||

They all are fuels to the fire and man spends life in the sufferings of hopes and desires

gur pUry ivxu jm puir jwey ]14]

gur poorae vin jam pur jaaeae ||14||

He has to reach the abode of Yama (death God) if he remains without the perfect Guru.(14)

OP, I am curious to know how things have gone for you of late. Please do reply

Even though I cann't be a advocate for your problem. I am going to suggest general solution to lot of our problems.

When we have any kind of problem (repetitive and us having lack of control on it), I think when we go hunting how to handle it, we end up increasing the problem, basically add more fuel to the problem. What, i think, usually works is the divertion of the mind. Apne aap nu kite hor busy kar lao. Get yourself busy with something else. Just stop thinking that you have this or that problem. Develop some new routine especially in those time periods when you face it most (remember I am talking about any problem, not only the particular you are mentioning, even though it would be very much applicable to your situation).

Sometimes our mind gets stuck to the stupid and you need to get it out of that stupid box. So you need to create an another box for your mind to jump in and out of.

What that other box could be, you figure it out depending upon your problem/situation.