Reasonable To End A Relationship

london001

by relationship I mean, engagement if the other person has told lies? My the girl i am engaged to told lies about having a degree, constant lies for about a month, before she was forced to tell the truth.

She said, she told 1 lie and had to tell lots more to cover it up. but she doesn't seem to think of it as a big deal nor does she understand why i am angry.

just wanted to check, it is reasonable to end an engagement if the other person has lied, right? or does one need more of a reason? are there any hard and fast rules or conventions.

London001,

If you are having any doubts about the girl you are about to marry, then I would advise you NOT to marry this girl. Be honest with yourself (she clearly isn't being honest if she is lying to you- what else is she hiding from you?).

I am going through a divorce with my soon to be ex due to her lies and dishonesty. Marriage is for life (I am a strong believer of this) and as said if you are not happy with the girl you are engaged to, then walk away- its not too late.

BTW- is the girl you are engaged to from the UK or aboard? Just that I have heard allsorts about girls (and guys) from aboard- wanting a permantant stay then doing a runner, kids from past relationships, promises to their boyfriend/girlfriend from their college days that they will call them over to the UK once they get their permantant stay etc. Just be extra careful if you do marry outiside the UK.

Some poeple lie as a protection measure and some lie to avoid hurting you the best thing you can do is tell her your feelings and work through it heal the realtionship learn from it and move on

If she is genuinly sorry accept the apology dont bring it up again and she will automatically appreciate you more

Firgiveness is the best toll in a relationship a person who can forgive their worst enemy (as long as they apologise) weilds great power

Look at SIkhism we allow people to apologise and explain themselves at Darbar sahib before condeming them and forgive them if need be

heloo london!!

i understand ur problem however sikhsangat is probably not the best place to get relatioship advice. however if i were u id prob tell her to pi** off in the kindest possible way of course. i find it annoyin when people lie especialy when they dont think its a big deal. small lies fair enough im not too bothered but i think its best if u marry someone honest and someone you will be able to trust.

hope it works out oksies.