Dating In Sikhi

Guest SikhForLife

Waheguru Je Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Je Ki Fateh!!

I agree with Mkhlasa jeee.. I think he explained the meaning of Arranged marriage very well..

As of point i think if we control our mind on lust issue then i think it's safe.. Like i think it's alrite to get know to each other if both are thinking of possiblity of getting together..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I personally agree wid most of da views here, but i personally think that dating in Sikhi is not wrong by no means, but it also isn't a good thing. datin means developin a relationship wid some1, n den wen u realise dat da person aint right 4 u, u mite not b able to com out of it very easily, ul feel heartbroken if u do, n it will take u a long time to recover, n dat is very unlikely, cos its like smokin, once u become addicted its really hard 2 quit, n if u do succeed, there are plenty of side effects and thet damage smokin has don 2 u will remain wid u 4 da rest of ur life, n it is da same thing apnin here. once ur in a relationship wid some1, it becomes harder n harder 2 get out of it da longa u stay in a relationship, n if u do get out of da relationship, ul have memories dat will possibly traumatise u 4 da rest of ur life n i dnt tink ne1 wud rele want 2 b traumatised by ne1 or netin

if u want my advise on datin, den dnt do it, n if u r alredy datin sum1, its best 2 make things clear at da beginning wots expected of da relation ship, cos more likely dan not, ur gona end up in plenty of relationships b4 u find da right person 4 urself

I think that it is perfectly fine to date in order to find your soulmate, but it is important to save yourself for marriage. When I say date, I don't mean in the white sense, going out with everyone and anyone who is willing just to have sex or what not. I see sikhs now days dating and "hooking up" so casually. Granted, these people that I see doing this are not religious at all.

Before I went to college, my parents sat me down and told me that I can look for a proper Sikhni at college. I appreciate them for saying that. It is just too bad that I cannot find any Sikhnis over here in Northern California. I just think that it would be great to have someone to share your feelings and emotions with. The emotional and spirtual relationship are far more deeper than the physical relationship. It is just hard to find a 20 year old female who has the same views of religion, life, and culture.

Sukh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dating huy :D

Hey ....GOOD LUCK with the marriage stuf...when it happens tell us. i will give you ELECTRONIC LADDOOO :D )

Mkhalsa Veer jee.....i admire your knowledge about Gursikhi and Marriage and dating....really great!

i am the last person you will ask about this......as i am wroking on the kaam/moh/lust part myself :D @ and for me it will be like bad to give you any advice....and not follow it myself.

anyway:

what do you guys think of the many 'sikh matrimonials' that are printed in the magazines (des pardes) and internet (sikhnet?).........i really get sick of them! :T:

and one more thingi Veer Mkhalsa jee.......like you said our parents (or another family) will chose the partner for us (or a candidate ) rolleyes.gif ....that is alrite for most of you but like i am no sure if my folks would find (or o

ther families i know of) a Gursikhni for me...? many of them (my own family) even find it hard to believe that i am interested in Sikhi......some say i am becoming a FANATIC! i know what you will say that if in the future you have become a Gursikh.....your partner will also chose that path.....but i am not sure...... :D

because if they chose a person for me........i do not think she will be a Gursikh. and in the modern times........she might just like to divorce me and not follow the way i want to follow...like being a Gursikh! it may just end up like this: wacko.gif

personally i know Waheguru jee has already sorted out the things for me......so i do not worry..... :D )

just posting my thoughts...

Deep.....

and one more thingi Veer Mkhalsa jee.......like you said our parents (or another family) will chose the partner for us (or a candidate ) ....that is alrite for most of you but like i am no sure if my folks would find (or other families i know of) a Gursikhni for me...? many of them (my own family) even find it hard to believe that i am interested in Sikhi......some say i am becoming a FANATIC! i know what you will say that if in the future you have become a Gursikh.....your partner will also chose that path.....but i am not sure......

because if they chose a person for me........i do not think she will be a Gursikh. and in the modern times........she might just like to divorce me and not follow the way i want to follow...like being a Gursikh! it may just end up like this: 

personally i know Waheguru jee has already sorted out the things for me......so i do not worry..... 

VERY VERY VERY GOOD point.. and it does happen a lot in our coummunity.. I think in that case Arranged marriage Might not work.. BUT again most of the time it works quite well like when u/we get mature..like job @ hand and stuff.. then parents do listen to your choice..

Guest SikhForLife

viya? o nahin bhaji.. maaf karoo.. i want to live! haha

i was just wondering.. how the sangat felt about that.. thats why i started the topic..!

deep veer.. i am sure they wont force you to marry someone.. (cuz ur a man)

i know of a few cases.. when the female was FORCED to marry someone who she didnt get along with and had tottally different values!! ended up in divorce! and shes still not re-married after 5 years..

(i differenciated the male and female senario cuz some families are too oldschool with traditional thoughts and beliefs)

Guest SikhForLife

i guess thats the same thing as searching for someone..

just like your family would be searching for a product in a magazine .. or store pamphlets