Dating In Sikhi

Guest SikhForLife

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Mkhalsa Veer jee.....i admire your knowledge about Gursikhi and Marriage and dating....really great!
Hai.. veer jee, I have nooo knowledge except that what guru sahib has given me.. I am just a lowly moorakh daas just spewing out the first thing that comes to mind!! ^_^
and one more thingi Veer Mkhalsa jee.......like you said our parents (or another family) will chose the partner for us (or a candidate ) ....that is alrite for most of you but like i am no sure if my folks would find (or other families i know of) a Gursikhni for me...? many of them (my own family) even find it hard to believe that i am interested in Sikhi......some say i am becoming a FANATIC! i know what you will say that if in the future you have become a Gursikh.....your partner will also chose that path.....but i am not sure...... 

because if they chose a person for me........i do not think she will be a Gursikh. and in the modern times........she might just like to divorce me and not follow the way i want to follow...like being a Gur

sikh! it may just end up like this: 

personally i know Waheguru jee has already sorted out the things for me......so i do not worry..... 

Veer jee,

I know many people in the same predicament. At this point it is wise to go to some local gursikhs and tell them about your situation and to keep an eye open. Remember to keep it formal so they do not think you are after girls etc.. They will definitely help you out. Just say you are looking for a gursikh singhnee and your family may not understand it, so uncle/auntiee jee pleasee keep an eye out for me as I want to live gursikhi gristhi jeevan one day with guru sahibs kirpa.

You can usually find gursikhs like that at your local gurudwara or if you frequent a taksal/jatha or samagam etc you could ask someone you trust there. Also, trust is important aspect here.

Also, I cant stand these matrimonial things.. Whats all this LOOKING FOR CLEAN SHAVEN JATT SIKH.. whats this? thats an oxymoron.. (in my opinion) either you are a sikh or you are a jatt.. make a choice!! This is one of guru sahibs first teachings.. equality.. guru sahib hated the caste system yet we have the nerve to put jatt or some other caste ( i dont mean to be attacking jatts if that is how i sound, it is just an example) in front of the word sikh? this is hypocrisy if I have ever seen it!!

And SIKHnet asks you if you your RELIGION!! HAHAHAHAHA that one just makes me laugh!!!

It also asks if you drink/smoke and such ridiculous questions that if you think about it, its made for non sikhs!! These are such things that make you patit or non sikh anyway!!

Again I am not accusing anyone I am just trying to point out some humerous ironies!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use