Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji & Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale Shaheedi Samagam 2010

B.S.S.F

to the singh who said mentioned causing trouble..
sorry to say but of all those supporters of Sant ji.. Majorty have the common belief of their Shaheedi, and to the minority who do not mann their shaheedi its thats fine but dont complain about this because I dont see a hoo haa being made about Sant Ji's Chardi kala ardaas at Baba Jis barsi every year..

Live and let live....

BUMP!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to see more programs about singhs who have stood up for the panth and particularly where the message of sant jarnail singh ji is explained to the sangat, in particular the youngsters, who while have a lot of sharda, dont fully understand the message as sometimes they dont understand punjabi and cant comprehend what sant ji is saying. Benti to people who made the above video, its good to do translations, but try and keep it to what sant ji is saying. Sant Ji was very very very intelligent in the way he spoke and was very respectful, even when being harsh. When doing translations, lets be careful not to use terms that make him out to be 'one of us today'. For example, 'big up' when talking about praising baba nihal singh ji. Its a minor thing, but the translations would be better if the equivalent language was used.

Regards to the shaheedi / non shaheedi thing, as discussed on millions of occasions, each person can have his own view, but lets keep it respectful. Everyone loves Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and that the main point. The people disrespecting Sant Ji are not those who call him shaheed, or those that dont call him shaheed, its the ones who call him a govt agent, the ones that call him a hindu, a terrorist etc etc. Across the world parchar about what Sant Ji taught and stood for has been done by both sides of the same coin, and excellent parchar at that! This needs to continue and not turn into singhs who believe and want the same thing fighting against each other.

Benti to organisers, make sure that no nindiya of Sant Baba Takhar Singh Ji is done, many people disagree with Baba Ji's stance and thats fine. But there is a way of disagreeing, respectfully. Despite disagreements on this issue, there is no denying the role Baba Ji had in organising the 1986 sarbat khalsa and rebuiliding of the akal takhat, supporting kaharku singhs and their families and in particular the close relationship they had with Mahaan Shaheeds Sukha and Jinda right up to their very shaheedi in which they wore the choleh and dastara sent by Baba Takhar Singh Ji, supporting singhs to do parchar about sant jis teaching across the world (thats from personal experience as well), and most fundamentally teaching the gursikh way of life. So disagree with a point if you like, but lets not forget everything else as well , things which we ALL respect.

A small does of respect goes a long way. Other then that, the more parchar of what sant ji said and did the better. What I found recently in Panjab was that although people know his face, they have no/little idea about his message as most punjabis i met had never even heard his voice, never mind any of his speeches.

:)

Its good to see more programs about singhs who have stood up for the panth and particularly where the message of sant jarnail singh ji is explained to the sangat, in particular the youngsters, who while have a lot of sharda, dont fully understand the message as sometimes they dont understand punjabi and cant comprehend what sant ji is saying. Benti to people who made the above video, its good to do translations, but try and keep it to what sant ji is saying. Sant Ji was very very very intelligent in the way he spoke and was very respectful, even when being harsh. When doing translations, lets be careful not to use terms that make him out to be 'one of us today'. For example, 'big up' when talking about praising baba nihal singh ji. Its a minor thing, but the translations would be better if the equivalent language was used.

Regards to the shaheedi / non shaheedi thing, as discussed on millions of occasions, each person can have his own view, but lets keep it respectful. Everyone loves Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and that the main point. The people disrespecting Sant Ji are not those who call him shaheed, or those that dont call him shaheed, its the ones who call him a govt agent, the ones that call him a hindu, a terrorist etc etc. Across the world parchar about what Sant Ji taught and stood for has been done by both sides of the same coin, and excellent parchar at that! This needs to continue and not turn into singhs who believe and want the same thing fighting against each other.

Benti to organisers, make sure that no nindiya of Sant Baba Takhar Singh Ji is done, many people disagree with Baba Ji's stance and thats fine. But there is a way of disagreeing, respectfully. Despite disagreements on this issue, there is no denying the role Baba Ji had in organising the 1986 sarbat khalsa and rebuiliding of the akal takhat, supporting kaharku singhs and their families and in particular the close relationship they had with Mahaan Shaheeds Sukha and Jinda right up to their very shaheedi in which they wore the choleh and dastara sent by Baba Takhar Singh Ji, supporting singhs to do parchar about sant jis teaching across the world (thats from personal experience as well), and most fundamentally teaching the gursikh way of life. So disagree with a point if you like, but lets not forget everything else as well , things which we ALL respect.

A small does of respect goes a long way. Other then that, the more parchar of what sant ji said and did the better. What I found recently in Panjab was that although people know his face, they have no/little idea about his message as most punjabis i met had never even heard his voice, never mind any of his speeches.

:)

Thanks for your concern jee, We would like to assure you that this is a programme held in memory of our Mahaan Guru Sahiban and Mahaan Shaheed of the 20th century who died defend the gurughar completed by Guru Arjun Dev ji during the days of their shaheedi diwas.

This is not a Anti Baba Takhur Singh Ji programme however, we would like to request that any form of intimidation or threats made to sabotage or cancel the event will not be tolerated. Furthermore, the Gurdwara holding the event is a firm supported of SFUK policies and a Gurdwara that BSSF works very closely with.

Whilst we respect the emotions of a vocal minority we would expect that they respect the views of the "yet-still" silent majority!

Various programmes for the next year (12 months) will be announced and discussed on the 20th June in correlation with Guru Arjun Dev Ji and Sant Ji's vichaars.

It's this kind of punjabi stubbornness which has led to insistance on holding this event which is the reason we are absolutely nowhere. Hate to say it but we saw this kind of stuff with singhs shooting each other in the 80s, and the same reason behind it why we don't have unity today. Sikhs may have advanced in many ways, but still have no clue at all on coordination and compromise. i.e. looking at the big picture. I find it amazing that at a time when there is so much disunity this org (after observing it for a while) seems to wish to champion the issue of sant ji being shaheed. I'm sorry to say it but to the observer it looks like it being done for the sake of it (same old mentality). Every sikh wants to just go and blow their own horn, that's what I've realised now. Everyone is just making one rift after the other. I don't blaim the GOI, Muslims or anyone for our troubles any more, its all down to all of us. This is not only to the BSSF, I say this to everyone.

The answer to the question

Baba Jee on many occasions said sant jee is not shaheed, videos are on the net, baba jee did an ardaas that guru sahib jee keeps their sareer untill sant jee returns, however in the later years they did say that if sant jee was to return now then there would be huge amount of casualties to the singhs, baba jee never gave a date or anything but did several times say that everyone will do my nindya saying i lied, but maharaj jee knows and when sant jee returns then every1 will know. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and i hope everyone respects that.

Regarding the programme, good luck, i dont think anyone is planning on messing with the event in any way or form as long as nindya of baba jee is not done, but that can only be found out once the event is over, and a response given in due time. I hope it all goes well, as veer ak47 said 'Across the world parchar about what Sant Ji taught and stood for has been done by both sides of the same coin, and excellent parchar at that! This needs to continue and not turn into singhs who believe and want the same thing fighting against each other.''

Again, good luck with the event and no one is against anyone that is doing parchaar proactively with the correct motives.

Bhull chuck Mwaaf Karni

i heard off some respected taksal representatives who spent time with baba thakur singh, that baba ji said sant ji was going to return as they leave this earth. baba ji left no sign of sant?

anyone confirm this please

Sorry guys, the way I read this is ..If this was some genuine sharda behind this programme or "samagam" then ALL the shaheeds of the Bluestar sakha would be remembered.

This is a Sakha and not just about one Gursikh. Santji stood with the hundreds of shaheeds from the sangat (the bibya, the kids, the elders, the tyar-bar-tyar Singhs) and not on his own.

Other previous Bluestar related samagams have honoured ALL the shaheeds of 84 (and fyi that includes Santji). BSSF you are being ignorent in thinking that no one has ever honoured Sant ji's Shaheedi before, and there will be (and have been for 25 years) shaheedi samagams in other Gurughars up and down the country remembering the shaheeds.