Sign in to follow this  
.- Prabhjot Singh -.

.. Concept Of Kaal Purakh In Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji ..

The above saroop of 'Mahakal' in 'Bachittar Natak' is totally unacceptable to Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji's adversaries. This saroop is present in 'Jaap Sahib' in a sutble form and fully established in 'Akaal Ustat'. This concept will become clear after a brief analysis of 'Kaal Purakh' in these two unanimously accepted Banis:

1. The God described in 'Jaap Sahib' is 'Kaal Purakh', which is why He has been repeatedly called ਕਾਲ ਕਾਲੇ (Death-Destroyer Lord), ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲੇ (Annihilator Lord), ਕਾਲਾਨ ਕਾਲ (Death of Deaths), etc. It is 'Kaalan Kaal', the Death of Deaths, that has been called 'Mahakal', there is no difference between the two.

2. The God described in 'Jaap Sahib' is Annihilator - He has been called ਸਰਬ ਖਾਪੇ, ਸਰਬ ਸੋਖੰ (Destroyer Lord), ਸਰਬ ਘਾਲਕ ਸਰਬ ਕੋ ਪੁਨਿ ਕਾਲ (Destroyer of all), ਦੁਸਟ ਭੰਜਨ (Vanquisher of tyrants), ਸਰਬ ਭੰਜਨ, ਸਰਬੰ ਦਲੀ, ਸਰਬੱਤ੍ਰ ਹੰਤਾ, etc.

3. That Mahakal is the destroyer of enemies and evil forces. He has been called ਗ਼ਨੀਮੁਲ ਸ਼ਿਕਸਤੈ (Conquereror of mighty enemies), ਕਲੰਕੰ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਸ (Destroyer of blemishes), ਖਲ ਖੰਡ ਖਿਆਲ (Destroys the tyrants instantly), ਅਰਿ ਘਾਲਯ (Destroyer of enemies), ਖਲ ਖੰਡਨ, ਖਲ ਘਾਇਕ (Destroyer of evil persons), ਅਰਿ ਗੰਜਨ (Conqueror of enemies), ਰਿਪੁ ਤਾਪਨ (Causes suffering to enemies), ਕੁਕਰਮੰ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਸੀ (Evil destroyer), ਗਜਾਇਬ ਗਨੀਮੇ (Calamity for enemies), ਦੁਕਾਲੰ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਸੀ (Destroyer of hard times).

4. He has been called 'ਕਲਿ ਕਾਰਣ' and 'ਕਲਹ ਕਰਤਾ' (Cause of strife) to show that He is the one who is the source of all tensions in the world. This thought is further elaborated upon in 'ਸਿਰਜੇ ਦਾਨੋਂ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਾਦ ਰਚਾਇਆ' in 2nd Pauri of 'Vaar Durga Ki.'

5. Opposers of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji object to the highly decorated, 'armed-to-the-teeth' image of 'Kaal Purakh' but Sri Guruji has saluted this weapon-carrying form in Sri Jaap Sahib with ਨਮੋ ਸਸਤ੍ਰਪਾਣੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਾਣੇ ॥ Salutation to Thee O Weapon-wielder Lord! Salutation to Thee O Weapon-user Lord!

6. Adversaries of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji question the use of words like Jag Mata, Maye, etc.. claiming they have been used for devi-worship but in reality Sri Guruji has bowed in front of the maternal form of the Supreme Being by saying ਨਮੋ ਲੋਕ ਮਾਤਾ Salutation to Thee O Universal Mother Lord!, which conforms to Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's tukk: "ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਤੂੰ ਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ" (You are my father, you are my mother).

7. The opposition feels 'Kaal Purakh' is the Lord of Demons and bad souls. In Jaap Sahib, Sri Guruji has saluted the omnipresent Supreme Being by calling him the Lord of everyone, Good and bad: ਨਮੋ ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਅਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਦੇਵੇ ਸੁਧਰਮੇ

8. The Lord of 'Jaap Sahib' is omnipresent in Jantra, Mantra and Tantra too. Sri Guruji has saluted this form as: ਨਮੋ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੰ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਜੰਤ੍ਰ ਜੰਤ੍ਰੰ ॥ Salutation to Thee O Supreme Mantra Lord! Salutation to Thee O Supreme Yantra Lord! ... ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੰ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਜੰਤ੍ਰੰ Salutation to Thee O Entire-Mantras-Knower Lord! Salutation to Thee O Entire-Yantras Knower Lord!

9. The opposers judge the Banis of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji with Bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as benchmark. The Bani of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib is the primal source of righteous, divine qualities. But theologists are faced with a perplexing question - Where does evil propagate from? Abrahamic religions have believed Devil is the source of evil. According to Sikh philosophy however, Creator is the Doer of everything; He is the cause of all causes. This means even apparent evil also comes from that Supreme Being. It is this non-dualist thought of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji that is beyond the understanding of believers of dualist ideology. That's why, to them, anything dark appears independent from the Supreme Being. Their dualist mindset believes He is only present in light, not in darkness; that He is present only in Naam and not in Kaam. Their thought can be more persuasive only if they establish a parallel 'Devil' like force capable of functioning independent of the Supreme Being. Sri Guruji has made clear in 'Jaap Sahib' that the Monistic Lord is omnipresent in Darkness and Light, Virtuous and evil actions - ਨਮੋ ਅੰਧਕਾਰੇ ਨਮੋ ਤੇਜ ਤੇਜੇ ॥ Salutation to Thee O Creator of pitch darkness! Salutation to Thee O Light of lights.! ... ਨਮੋ ਨਿੱਤ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੇ ਕ੍ਰੂਰ ਕਰਮੇ ॥ Salutation to Thee O Benign Protector Lord! Salutation to Thee O Heinous-actions-Performer Lord!

10. 'Akaal Purakh' in Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has been called the curer of illnesses. In 'Jaap Sahib', He is present in illnesses also, Sri Guruji has very respectfully called Him as ਸਰਬ ਰੋਗੇ O Universal Ailment Lord !

The title of second Bani Sri 'Akaal Ustat' suggests that the formless Lord has been eulogised, much like the Bani of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The subtle Nirgun Lord of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji , that had acquired Sargun solidness in Sri 'Jaap Sahib' now becomes more concrete in Sri 'Akaal Ustat' . The limitless Lord that came more closer to nature and life in Sri 'Jaap Sahib' now manifests and appears in every tangible element of Nature in Sri 'Akaal Ustat'.

Sri Guruji describes the Formless Lord in first Chaupai, who takes on the form of 'Kaal Purakh' in ending quatrain:

ਸਭ ਕੋ ਕਾਲ ਸਭਨ ਕੋ ਕਰਤਾ ॥

ਰੋਗ ਸੋਗ ਦੋਖਨ ਕੋ ਹਰਤਾ ॥

ਏਕ ਚਿੱਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥

ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸਿ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥੧੦॥

He is the Destroyer of all and Creator of all.

He is the Remover of maladies, sufferings and blemishes.

He Who meditates upon Him with single mind even for an instant;

He doth not come within the trap of death. 10

In the following Swayiyas, He takes on an even more Sargun form, as:

ਕਹੂੰ ਜੱਛ ਗੰਧ੍ਰਬ ਉਰਗ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆਧਰ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਏ ਕਿੰਨਰ ਪਿਸਾਚ ਕਹੂੰ ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਹਿੰਦੂਆ ਗਾਇਤ੍ਰੀ ਕੋ ਗੁਪਤ ਜਪਿਓ ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਤੁਰਕਾ ਪੁਕਾਰੇ ਬਾਂਗ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕਾਬ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੜਤ ਮਤਿ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਜਾਨ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੨॥੧੨॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art Yaksha, Gandharva, Sheshanaga and Vidyadhar and somewhere Thou becomest Kinnar, Pishacha and Preta.

Somewhere Thou becomest a Hindu and repeatest Gayatri secretly: Somewhere becoming a Turk Thou callest Muslims to worship.

Somewhere being a poet thou recitest the Pauranic wisdom and somewhere Thou recitest the Pauranic wisdom and somewhere Thou comprehendest the essence of Quran.

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without threee modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all godly attributes. 2.12.

He is the ever-powerful 'Mahakal' who destroys the evil forces on this earth:

ਅਘੌ ਦੰਡਣ ਦੁਸਟ ਖੰਡਣ ਕਾਲ ਹੂੰ ਕੇ ਕਾਲ ॥

He, the Merciful Lord of the lowely, He is the punisher of the sinners and destroyer of the tyrants; He is the decimater even of death.

He indiscriminately destroys everyone and assigns appropriate punishments:

ਸਰਬ ਖੰਡਣ ਸਰਬ ਦੰਡਣ ਸਰਬ ਕੇ ਨਿਜ ਭਾਮ ॥

He is the Destroyer and Punisher of all and also their personal Abode.

Watching His horrifying form, all three worlds shake with fear:

ਜੈ ਜੰਪਹਿ ਜੁੱਗਣ ਜੂਹ ਜੁਅੰ ॥ ਭੈ ਕੰਪਹਿ ਮੇਰੁ ਪਯਾਲ ਭੁਅੰ ॥

Gather ye together and shout victory to that Lord, in whose Fear tremble the heaven, nether-world and the earth.

In 'Akaal Ustat', Kaal Purakh manifests in everything good and bad, including divine words and inappropriate language:

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵ ਬਿਦਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਦੈਤ ਬਾਨੀ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੱਛ ਗੰਧਰਬ ਕਿੰਨਰ ਕਹਾਨੀ ॥੧੯॥੧੦੯॥

ਕਹੂੰ ਅਦ੍ਰ ਸਾਰੰ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਦ੍ਰ ਰੂਪੰ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਮੱਦ੍ਰ ਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਿਦ੍ਰ ਸਰੂਪੰ ॥੨੨॥੧੧੨॥

Somewhere Thou art the learning of gods and somewhere Thou art the speech of demons. Somewhere Thou art the episode of Yaksha, Gandharva and Kinnar. 19.109.

Somewhere Thou art iron and somewhere Thou art splendid gold. Somewhere Thou art sweet speech and somewhere Thou art sweet speech and somewhere Thou art critical and fault finding. 22.112.

That omnipresent Lord is the producer of all good and bad thoughts also:

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਅਬਿਚਾਰ ਕੋ ਬਿਚਾਰਤ ਹੋ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਿਜ ਨਾਰ ਪਰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਨਿਕੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

Somewhere Thou discriminatest between good and bad intellect, somewhere Thou art with Thy own spouse and somewhere with another’s wife.

In conclusion, we can say that 'Akaal Purakh' takes on the form of 'Kaal Purakh' when He transforms from state of Sunn-Samadh into active, Sargun state. Since His 'Kaal' form comes into being from 'Akaal' and merges with Him in the end, thus He is not any different to the Supreme Being, rather He is only temporal manifestation that is unlike other living forms in the universe and most importantly, is inseparable from the 'Akaal' form. That 'Kaal Purakh' sends Avtars on this earth from time to time to maintain religious decorum, even though the demons opposing it is also created by Him. These Avtars manifest on this earth with His permission, exist in His contemplation and get destroyed by Him and ultimately merge back in Him in the end. The worshipper of 'Kaal Purakh' becomes free from the fear of 'kaal' (death), remains ready to sacrifice everything for defending the faith and always prays for 'ਅਤਿ ਹੀ ਰਨ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਜੂਝ ਮਰੋਂ May I die fighting in the battlefield'. By praying to 'Kaal Purakh', he himself becomes 'kaal' (death) for impious forces. Thus, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Dasam Guruji are manifestation of 'Kaal Purakh' who came to restore righteousness in this dark age.

Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj

• Like 1

alias    127

AUR SU-KAAL SABAI BAS KAAL KE, EK HI KAAL, AKAAL SADHA HAI.

Aaur sukwl sBY bs kwl ky, eyk hI kwl Akwl sdw hY]84]

vah guru gobind singh ji

plus...

mahakaal KALKA aradhi... wrong... its KAAAL – KA. translation being that, makaal = jehera KAAL NU, kaal deen vaala, n thats hu I prayed (aaraad) to.. somt ppl say kalka together. its not, its its separate, kaal, ka. same place else where, deev kaal ka maat hamara. others say (kaala afgans/ das granthi virodhis..) that guru ji aint no devi poojak (yes this is good, we know this) so why would P:10 write >> deev KAALKA maat hamara<< hence dasam granth is wrong.. this is the (stupid) argument by the falatooz (my own made up word:happy: ) the real meaning is >> deev KAAL KA maat hamara<< my mata is the one that can kill the devis. deevi nu kaal karan vala. just like tum maat pita hum baarak...

plus, the falatooz say that in chaupi, >>Kirpa kari hum par jagmata..<< here they say again that guru ji is bowing to jagmata i.e. devi.. kaalka.. but again this is wrong, cus guru ji is talking bout the Father-Mother of the whole world.. just like tum maat pita hum baarak... plus, if guru ji was talking bout kaalka, y is it written kilbikh sakal dehe ko harTA, and dust dokhyan ko chai karTA.. because if guru ji was talking bout kalika, it would have said... >> kilbikh sakal dehe ko harTI, and dust dokhyan ko chai karTI.<<

n we all no what chaupi sahib sez... this is that gyani thakur singgh ji sez. (DDT)

eyk hI kwl Akwl sdw hY

fateh jeeozeez!

Whenever Gurdev bowed to Waheguru Jee, He changed His Name. Why? Occasionally Gurdev called Him Kaal, Akaal, Mahaakaal, Kaalee, Durgaa, Chandee and many other Names. Why? Please explain.

GPS    1,310

Whenever Gurdev bowed to Waheguru Jee, He changed His Name. Why? Occasionally Gurdev called Him Kaal, Akaal, Mahaakaal, Kaalee, Durgaa, Chandee and many other Names. Why? Please explain.

Guru ji described Durga/kalee as creation of waheguru. Nowhere Guru sahib called these entities as waheguru.

If so show us from Dasam Granth.

The article referred by Pjs describes "'Akaal' and 'Kaal' are two different forms of the same primal being Sri Waheguru Ji," Also, many translations explain Mahaakaal, Bhagauti, Durgaa, Chandee and many other Names are the same primal being Sri Waheguru Jee.

This is the result of reading translations and explanations of the writers.

Gurdev has bowed to so many worshiping them. Should Sikhs also do the same?

Balbir Singh

khalsaland    4

Guru Sahib explains this in the first pauree of Jaap Sahib

ਤਵ ਸਰਬ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੈ ਕਵਨ ਕਰਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਰਨਤ ਸੁਮਤਿ ॥

How can anyone describe all Your names. The wise describe You by the names associated with Your actions and excellences.

All the misunderstandings and confusions will be cleared if one reads Guru Sahib's bani with this one teaching in mind.

GPS    1,310

Guru sahib has used extensive metaphors in Dasam Granth sahib but the message is clear that Akal purakh is supreme.

The message is strictly monotheistic.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and GPS Jee!

Are Sikhs allowed to follow the metaphors Gurdev has used in the Dasam Granth?

Or, do you think Sikhs should follow the meanings of the metaphors explained by different intellectuals?

Maybe all that Sikhs have not understood are metaphors.

All that Guru knows is Truth.

All should seek and experience Truth.

Balbir Singh

GPS    1,310

Balbir singh ji

Did you read my earlier post. If not read it below

Guru ji described Durga/kalee as creation of waheguru. Nowhere Guru sahib called these entities as waheguru.

Nowhere Durga is called waheguru. That is what you stated in your first post. I rebut that. If you think she was

show us the verse.

Dear GPS Jee!

Gurdev bows to Kaalee saying this.

ਨਮੋ ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖਾਰਦਨੀ ਰੂਪ ਕਾਲੀ ॥

नमो दुसट दोखारदनी रूप काली ॥

Thou art the destroyer of tyrants in the manifestation of Kali, I salute Thee.

Kaalee must be Waheguru. Or do you think that Gurdev bowed in front of someone else also than the primal Waheguru?

Balbir Singh

GPS    1,310

THis means that akal purakh is creator of kali. It does not say that kali is waheguru.

There are sections in chandi charitra part 2 where Devtas complement Durga for her

victory over demons and having restored kingdom to them.

Guru sahib's view about Durga is given as below where Guru sahib writes that it is you who has created

everything.

ਤਾਰਨ ਲੋਕ ਉਧਾਰਨ ਭੂਮਹਿ ਦੈਤ ਸੰਘਾਰਨ ਚੰਡਿ ਤੁਹੀ ਹੈ ॥

तारन लोक उधारन भूमहि दैत संघारन चंडि तुही है ॥

O Lord, you are savior of people ; Thou art the redeemer of the earth and destroyer of the demons.

You are the shining light.

ਕਾਰਨ ਈਸ ਕਲਾ ਕਮਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਅਦ੍ਰਸੁਤਾ ਜਹ ਦੇਖੇ ਉਹੀ ਹੈ ॥

कारन ईस कला कमला हरि अद्रसुता जह देखे उही है ॥

Thou art the cause of the Shakti of Shiva, Thou art creator of Lakshmi of Vishnu and Parvati, the daughter of Himavan, wherever we see, Thou art there.

Chandi charitra ukti bilas, Dasam Granth sahib

Dear all and GPS Jee!

Please listen. Gurdev is begging for a favor from Durgaa.

ਦੁਰਗਾ ਅਬ ਇਹ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਕੀਜੀਐ ॥ ਹੋ ਕਾਨ੍ਹਰ ਕੋ ਬਹੁ ਦਿਵਸ ਸੁ ਦੇਖਨ ਦੀਜੀਐ ॥੨੮੩॥

दुरगा अब इह किरपा हम पर कीजीऐ ॥ हो कान्हर को बहु दिवस सु देखन दीजीऐ ॥२८३॥

Mother Durga ! now be graceful to us so that on other days also we may get opportunity of meeting Krishna."283.

Gurdev never asked for a favor from anybody else than Waheguru. So Durgaa must be Waheguru only.

Balbir Singh

sikha    17

Read the article. Durgaa is a historical manifestation of Akaal Purakh and as such there is no difference between them.

GPS    1,310

Read the article. Durgaa is a historical manifestation of Akaal Purakh and as such there is no difference between them.

Durga is no exclusive manifestation of akal purakh in sikh philosophy. She is a creation of akal purakh just like all of us are

Akal purakh's creation.

Read below

ਅਨਹਦ ਰੂਪ ਅਨਾਹਦ ਬਾਨੀ ॥

अनहद रूप अनाहद बानी ॥

He is Limitless Entity and hath infinite celestial strain.

ਚਰਨ ਸਰਨਿ ਜਿਹ ਬਸਤ ਭਵਾਨੀ ॥

चरन सरनि जिह बसत भवानी ॥

The goddess Durga takes refuge at His Feet and abides there.

akal ustat, Dasam Granth

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Keep friends with the sikh girls but also talk to the year 7 sikh girl - Just because they swear it doesnt mean you have to, you can still talk with them without swearing. Also, keep a friendship with the year 7. Its tough when nobody wants to be around you like that so help her out, after all we are supposed to be helpful people. Dont worry about what other people think. I know this is easier said than done at your age but it makes sense to be friends with someone who is positive and happy than people that are judgmental right?  I think you've already done the right thing by talking to her. I always think that if you feel sorry for someone, do something about it. No point sitting there feeling sorry when we can all do something about it  
    • SGGS Ang 94   ਹਉ ਰਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮਾ ਮੈ ਨੀਰੁ ਵਹੇ ਵਹਿ ਚਲੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥ 
      हउ रहि न सका बिनु देखे प्रीतमा मै नीरु वहे वहि चलै जीउ ॥३॥ 
      Ha▫o rėh na sakā bin ḏekẖe parīṯamā mai nīr vahe vėh cẖalai jī▫o. ||3|| 
      I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved. My eyes are welling up with tears. ||3||  ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਬਾਲ ਸਖਾਈ ॥ 
      सतिगुरु मित्रु मेरा बाल सखाई ॥ 
      Saṯgur miṯar merā bāl sakẖā▫ī. 
      My Friend, the True Guru, has been my Best Friend since I was very young. 
        ਹਉ ਰਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥ 
      हउ रहि न सका बिनु देखे मेरी माई ॥ 
      Ha▫o rėh na sakā bin ḏekẖe merī mā▫ī. 
      I cannot survive without seeing Him, O my mother! 
        ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲਹੁ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਪਲੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੧॥ 
      हरि जीउ क्रिपा करहु गुरु मेलहु जन नानक हरि धनु पलै जीउ ॥४॥१॥ 
      Har jī▫o kirpā karahu gur melhu jan Nānak har ḏẖan palai jī▫o. ||4||1|| 
      O Dear Lord, please show Mercy to me, that I may meet the Guru. Servant Nanak gathers the Wealth of the Lord's Name in his lap. ||4||1||     
    • Penji that's exactly what I said. the (<) refers to their lifelines, hence why Maya doesn't have a less than symbol.  In terms of age and how long they will live, Maya will grossly outlive Vishnu, but he'll outlive Shiva and so on. Another one leaves and has his place taken by another and so on.
    • the other thing also adi shakti made Maya/kaal which created asura as well dev lok that's why asura could never be conquered without dev lok asking for shastra from akal purakh  ... the true mahakaal  as it is only by his hukam kaal can be destroyed
    • Nice explanation penji. I have been pondering over these lines for a day or two now, I think you just nailed It.