What Should Children Do If Their Parents Are Taking Them Out Of Sikhi?

SinghniKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I have couple of friends that are boys and girls... but when all of us meet up in the gurdwara like for example: Camps, Kirtan Class, Tabla Class, Gatka.

The people that are around us... like the bibian and babaye, think its wrong that all boys and girls are together... in Sikhi it says that all boys and girls

are equal... but how come the society don't let that happen... if we back chat our parents about this... they think that we are small... and have no sence...! What should the children do? (Main question of this situation).

My friends want to be together forever... until we die... and be their for eachother forever!

We also love to do Seva... but their parents don't let them stay in the gurdwara until 8 o'clock.

Help me people! =(

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guest Guest

50 years ago saints such as Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji would not even look a singhni in the eye, yet now people say that trying to seperate boys and girls is 'taking them out of sikhi' and 'typical punjabi culture'??? it really is kaljug

bhenji depends on ur age, even thou in my opnion everybody is equal and i agree too they shld not be seperate, but sometimes our siahne know best, even thou we think thy maybe out of date,etc.

Have u ever thought this way from their point of view, wat if, not sayin it will, but wat if somthin bad happens, or somthin then th gurdwara and those sevadars would have to be responsible for it. Also parents takin their children home at 8pm is maybe coz they got lives too, and parents work, so need to keep a routine too.

maybe u could talk to ur parents if u think its that strict, and they could talk to th gurdwara abt wat u think isnt fair. But plz dont abuse th gurdwara in any way no offence to ur inner faith. Even thou it is their for our children to learn about sikhi and meet in social settings, dont try and take advantage of it as it is a place of worship, if u ask with sincerity then will be better,

hope it works out for both sides.....

in Sikhi it says that all boys and girls

are equal... but how come the society don't let that happen... if we back chat our parents about this... they think that we are small... and have no sence...! What should the children do? (Main question of this situation).

We also love to do Seva... but their parents don't let them stay in the gurdwara until 8 o'clock.

Yes, Sikhi says males and females are equal. But sikhi also says there are five vices and today's society is so much impacted by Kaam that last thing anybody would want to see it flourishing is in Gurughar.

Yes, we know ourselves, but we dont' know others. We can say that I have no kaam type feelings for other person, but we can't see/control other people's feelings and then later actions.

I would allow you to mingle with each other, as long as you promise you see a brother in the male standing infront of you and the boy sees a sister standing infront of him.

As soon as you leave the room of being it neutral, there is risk of Kaam to enter at some point in lifetime.

Take from my example. I am married person with 2 kids and address to most people I know in person and cyberfriends by saying Veerji, I still find lot of people giving me different looks, which I know are not of a brother. But I still keep saying veerji , that sooner or later person would see a sister in me.

bus ihee kharabi aa human nature vich. kaam horan dee balle balle as person gives it outlet. what can I say??

I am partially with those bibiyan babe who stop you from doing all that mingling at Gurughar. as they dont' know if you are really doing it with sewa bhav or doing it to give an outlet to your inner kaamic feelings. There is very fine line to distinguish between mingling like gurusikhs or promoting the vice you shouldn't be.

My friends want to be together forever... until we die... and be their for eachother forever!

well this my friend is not gonna happen. As sooon as you get done with your school and look for job and then get married and have couple of kids, you are going to be so busy with your own life with your kids, spouse, in-laws, your own parents side relatives, owning a house, and lot more comes along with, you will be hardly calling your friends on the phone after a month or so.

forget about being together with same friends.

Your tastes in life going to change. your friends are going to be the parents of your kids' friends. and then later on some differet sets of friends. So friends keep changing as life goes on. There will be very few friends who would stay forever. (my dad who is about to retire still has good friends as his college time friends). I am not in touch with my college or school friends. These are just facts of life. you will be lucky if you can keep up with 1 or 2 friends for most of your life. You cann't blame anybody or yourself. Its just life the way it is.

Your parents are just Watching your back, taking it negatively is not gonna give u any peace of mind,

Ur prolly a teenager 14-17 and at this time we love hanging out with our frends boy/girls and another thing we choose our frends over our parents as in we like being rebellious and share the same mindset with our peers and punjabi parents are overprotective aswell.

This is what bani says bout youth:

dUjY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw Bir jobin mY miq ]

dhoojai peharai rain kai vanajaariaa mithraa bhar joban mai math ||

In the second watch of the night, O my merchant friend, you are intoxicated with the wine of youth and beauty.

Aihinis kwim ivAwipAw vxjwirAw imqRw AMDuly nwmu n iciq ]

ahinis kaam viaapiaa vanajaariaa mithraa a(n)dhhulae naam n chith ||

Day and night, you are engrossed in sexual desire, O my merchant friend, and your consciousness is blind to the Naam.

rwm nwmu Gt AMqir nwhI hoir jwxY rs ks mITy ]

raam naam ghatt a(n)thar naahee hor jaanai ras kas meet(h)ae ||

The Lord's Name is not within your heart, but all sorts of other tastes seem sweet to you.

igAwnu iDAwnu gux sMjmu nwhI jnim mrhugy JUTy ]

giaan dhhiaan gun sa(n)jam naahee janam marahugae jhoot(h)ae ||

You have no wisdom at all, no meditation, no virtue or self-discipline; in falsehood, you are caught in the cycle of birth and death.

qIrQ vrq suic sMjmu nwhI krmu Drmu nhI pUjw ]

theerathh varath such sa(n)jam naahee karam dhharam nehee poojaa ||

Pilgrimages, fasts, purification and self-discipline are of no use, nor are rituals, religious ceremonies or empty worship.

nwnk Bwie Bgiq insqwrw duibDw ivAwpY dUjw ]2]

naanak bhaae bhagath nisathaaraa dhubidhhaa viaapai dhoojaa ||2||

O Nanak, emancipation comes only by loving devotional worship; through duality, people are engrossed in duality. ||2||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=185

Anythign that takes us away form God is Maya,

So talking to much, being engrossed in fashion/beauty, flirting/sexual relations,,

So Sumtimes We Want to with a pure heart DO SEVA but if we are with the opposite sex it does NOT mater how old u are, you dont have to be at a Club to be Attacked by KAAM, it is allways with us that means even at the gurudwara,,

So we could be doing seva but at the same time making eye contact with the opposite sex and trying to make advancements and not even kno what we are doing, its natural becuase we are pulled toward the other sex, BUT we must refrian from all this flirting dating garbage becuz we cannot recieve NAAM, we cannot meditate on God becuz are minds are crazy 4 kaam,

so what to do, close ur eyes and give them to Guru Sahib, These are your eyes, save me from looking at sumone thru kaam, may i only look at my brothers as brothers and treat them like that, vice versa for singhs,

We can say Veerji but try to mean it,

You know in ur heart what is true, all the answers are inside so if you are doing seva with love, as u wash sangats dirty dishes at the Gurdwara internally our dirty mind starts to get clean==Sant Gurbachan Singh ji Khalsa

So i can sound negative but the pain point is we live in KALJug the age of Darkness and no spiritual wisdom, its easier to lie in this age then tell the truth,

Do seva, to get closer to Guru Sahib, We dont Go to the Gurdwara to hang out with our frends,

Yes we go to do sangat which means to sing Guru Sahibs Praises together and listen to stories of our beloved,,

Just to have fun with friends is sumthing u leave for school camps

theyre not takin you away from sikhi theyre keepin u in it. What always starts out as "bhaji/bhenji" most often leads to worse things. Youll probably be back here in a year or two asking us for advice again, saying you've gone "too far" with a "friend". Stop being dodgy n listen to people who are wiser than you

theyre not takin you away from sikhi theyre keepin u in it. What always starts out as "bhaji/bhenji" most often leads to worse things. Youll probably be back here in a year or two asking us for advice again, saying you've gone "too far" with a "friend". Stop being dodgy n listen to people who are wiser than you

I would have to agree... It's kaljug... What you may think as friendly innocent behavior is often not.

Guest sleek sikh
dUjY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw Bir jobin mY miq ]

dhoojai peharai rain kai vanajaariaa mithraa bhar joban mai math ||

In the second watch of the night, O my merchant friend, you are intoxicated with the wine of youth and beauty.

Aihinis kwim ivAwipAw vxjwirAw imqRw AMDuly nwmu n iciq ]

ahinis kaam viaapiaa vanajaariaa mithraa a(n)dhhulae naam n chith ||

Day and night, you are engrossed in sexual desire, O my merchant friend, and your consciousness is blind to the Naam.

rwm nwmu Gt AMqir nwhI hoir jwxY rs ks mITy ]

raam naam ghatt a(n)thar naahee hor jaanai ras kas meet(h)ae ||

The Lord's Name is not within your heart, but all sorts of other tastes seem sweet to you.

igAwnu iDAwnu gux sMjmu nwhI jnim mrhugy JUTy ]

giaan dhhiaan gun sa(n)jam naahee janam marahugae jhoot(h)ae ||

You have no wisdom at all, no meditation, no virtue or self-discipline; in falsehood, you are caught in the cycle of birth and death.

qIrQ vrq suic sMjmu nwhI krmu Drmu nhI pUjw ]

theerathh varath such sa(n)jam naahee karam dhharam nehee poojaa ||

Pilgrimages, fasts, purification and self-discipline are of no use, nor are rituals, religious ceremonies or empty worship.

nwnk Bwie Bgiq insqwrw duibDw ivAwpY dUjw ]2]

naanak bhaae bhagath nisathaaraa dhubidhhaa viaapai dhoojaa ||2||

O Nanak, emancipation comes only by loving devotional worship; through duality, people are engrossed in duality. ||2||

http://sikhitothemax...sp?ShabadID=185

I'm loving this wake up call!! :happy:

In my experience only a true saint of the lord (Bhagat) is devoid of sexual desire, bhagats gain the virtues of the lord.

When I was younger guy mates were a huge distraction, no matter how much I wanted to see them as friends I couldn't- I was only suspicious of their intentions a few times and my suspicions all proved right!! In an age where family members are sleeping around with each other I'm not suprised people don't trust anymore.

Kaljugs a pretty messed up age, the face of virtue can just about hide evil and