Where To Learn Gurmat Vidiya?

Guest Wanabee Gursikh

Guest Wanabee Gursikh

Wjkk wjkf

I'm thinking of going india to get santhiya can anyone recommend places where I can get it???

I'd be preety much learning from scratch I'm 23 so is it to late??

I don't want to learn just how to pronounce bani but ithaas, meanings and philosophy/ theology of sikhi ... so I guess you could say I'm looking for a vidiya guru

Also would there be any cost involved I'm willing to stay at the asthaan. Family seems to hold the view that such places are money hungry and without money they will never give you anything.

Maybe there are singhs in india who could help me out?

No it's not too late, I went to India when I was older than you for santhya. If you know nothing, you're learnign from scrathc, then I don't recommnd going to India. People there are able to pronounce sounds that people lacking full knowledge of Punjabi can't. B/c of this they may have difficulty teaching you. Also, it's cheaper, and easeier to learn it from home. My recommendation is going there for seva, simran, sangat, and maybe learning more advanced vidya. But up to you ji, that's just what i would do if I were in your shoes. I'm assuming your Punjabi knowledge isn't that great here, b/c you mentioned starting out from scratch. If otherwise, ignore me. It can still be fun and a great experience either way.

The best place to start is www.gursevak.com, which has santhya tools and all of the other pothis you are looking for. There are audio files with the basic sounds, listen to the sounds and pronounce them out loud yourself, trying to make them match with what you are listening to. This is a way to start online. There is also a taksaali site that does santhya online via skype, but I don't know the address. What you are talking about doing, learning all that, will take a long time. I'm not trying to discourage you, but just saying that a lot of it can be learned here, but some of it, the really advanced vidya, may only be learnable in India due to lack of teachers out here.

If going to India, there are tons of deras you can go to for santhya. They do not charge.