How An Abused Muslim Boy Became The President Of Pakistan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

One time Sardar Meherban Singh Ji went to see Muhammad Ayub Khan (the president of Pakistan) at his house. After talking for a while Bhai Sahib noticed a plaque on the wall in which he saw Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji written in Gurmukhi and Urdu. Bhai Sahib looked at Ayub Khan and said, “Why have you got the Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on your wall?”

Ayub Khan smiled and said, “Sardarji this Kalaam of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj has made me what I am today.”

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

॥ ਜਪੁ ॥

|| jap ||

Chant And Meditate:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ ॥

aadh sach jugaadh sach ||

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥1॥

hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach ||1||

True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

Ayub Khan said, “I was beaten everyday by the Mulla in charge of the Madrasa. One day I had had enough and after being beaten very badly decided to run away from the Madrasa. I ran as far as I could. I finally stopped (at the only place in this world that is open to every single creature) the house of Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

I sat outside on the steps of the Gurudwara Sahib and began to sob. As I was doing this I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw the beautiful face of a Naam Abiyhaasi Gursikh. The Gursikh looked at me and said, “Yuba why are you crying today?”

I wiped the tears from my face and said, “Babaji I can’t take this anymore! Everyday I go to the Madrasa just to be beaten by the Mulla. My heart, mind and body is broken. I don’t know what to do!”

The Gursikh smiled at me and said, “Yuba I will give you the Mool Mantar of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Whenever you have any difficulties in life repeat this Mool Manatar of Guruji.” I looked at the Gursikh as he wrote the Mool Manatar in urdu and proceeded to teach it to me.

After repeating the Mool Mantar together for a few minutes the Gursikh told me to go back to the Madrasa. With hope in my heart I went back to the Madrasa. As I was doing this I realised that I was late and that the Mulla would be very annoyed but I still repeated this kalaam of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

When the Mulla saw me he looked at me and said, “Oh, so you’ve come. Quickly sit down we have a lot to get through.”

I was so surprised that he didn’t tell me to stand in one spot, or grab me by my ears, slap me or use the long stick he used to keep to beat me with! This was the first time in my life that I had not been beaten by the Mulla. From this moment I realised the power of this kalaam of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and quickly committed it to memory. Anytime I had any difficulties in life I repeat it.

In this way I came to be the President of Pakistan. Having felt its power I tell my children to keep hold of this kalaam.”

Akho Satnaaam Sri Waheguru.

This story is recorded in Ayub Khan’s autobiography.

The Gursikh who narrated this story to the sangat says that he has this story pasted on his wall so that everyday when he wakes up and looks at it it gives him a slap across his face. While writing this I feel that same slap.

May Guru Sahib bless us with the ability to repeat his Sri Mool Mantar Sahib.

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

॥ ਜਪੁ ॥

|| jap ||

Chant And Meditate:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ ॥

aadh sach jugaadh sach ||

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥1॥

hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach ||1||

True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 3 years later...