Bibia Wearing Dastaar...Has It Become A Fashion Item?

JSK

I dont know if its just me but recently ive noticed a lot of bibia starting to wear dastaara?

Do you think it has become an fashion statement or item for that matter?

Do you think bibi now wear it to show that they are 'religious'.....or that they feel inferior compared to another amritdhari bibi who wears one and hence start to wear one for that matter?

Is it just a phase or a current trend?

What is the history of bibia wearin dastaara?

opinions anyone....?.....Please discuss :)

no no admittedly some bbia must just like some singhs wear a dastaar/dumalla for fashion..

the history and maryada is simple the editct of sikhi is same for man and woman. If a man was given the gift of a crown (the dastaar) then so are bibia :) its the most effective way of keeping your kesh covered at all times because a chunni or even some patka-keskis can slip off :)

Wjkk Wjkf

In my opinion, at least its the 'right' type of fashion. It's way better than seeing beebiya doing all sorts of beadbi to their hair, like dying, etc. And the way i see it, it is a step forward whether they realise it consciously or not. Its their subconscious telling them something is special about wearing the crown. They might think of it as a 'fashion' statement but let me tell you something - this 'fashion' is really addictive because as i said, it is a step towards the Guru.

As for the history of beebiya covering their hair with dastars, i dont have any historical stories to quote right now but as sukhjeevansingh Veerji rightly said, Guruji has removed the gender differences by giving equal status to both men and women and as such, rules for men apply to women too.

I dont know about others, but everytime i see dastar wearing beebia and veerjis, who KNOW they are daughters and sons of Sri Guruji Maharaj and PROUD of it, i see Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself manifested in them and my head bows down in respect. It may sound silly but that's how i feel, sometimes this feeling is so overwhelming i end up having tears of joy in my eyes. Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Gurfateh!

Wjkk Wjkf

In my opinion, at least its the 'right' type of fashion. It's way better than seeing beebiya doing all sorts of beadbi to their hair, like dying, etc. And the way i see it, it is a step forward whether they realise it consciously or not. Its their subconscious telling them something is special about wearing the crown. They might think of it as a 'fashion' statement but let me tell you something - this 'fashion' is really addictive because as i said, it is a step towards the Guru.

Satbachan...

Please do not call wearing a dastar Fashion,

Guru Gobind singh ji have his beautiful saroop to his children so its a beautiful thing,

The other thing is that sikhi is increasing in the west and in india we kno how it is,

i went to india and i can count on my fingers how many dastar valeeya bibya i saw, and in calgary, bc, toronto area theres alot and its awsome,

Tying a dastar for bibya is not only under 1 jathebandi, In western countries bibiya of any jathebandi(taksal, akj, 3Ho,budda dal etc.) have started tying dastars, i kno girls who ty dastars and their moms dont,

When we have sangat of bibya that tie dastar it makes it easier for sumone else to start tying one becuz u have sangat, We have alot of kids camps all over in Canada which includes classes in dastar tying and girls start tying a dastar to gurdwara the eventually to school

Why i Believe it is a Good thing that Dastar tying is increasing is for the following reasons:

If i tie a dastar i have that reminder that i AM Guru Gobind Singh Jis daughter!

I should refrain from doing manmat and ppl naturally will respect u if u whole heartedly believe that Guru Gobind Singh ji Is ur Dasmesh Pita who is always with u ang sang

If i didnt tye a dastar i would be less strict in my rehat personally,

Some Bibya that dont tye a dastar but are amritdharee will go all out for parties with make-up and fashion

But i feel Bibya with dastar look so beautiful when they wear modest clothes and no make-up and jewellery and are exactly the way God made em,

Also It is Still very uncommon for the common public to see bibya with dastars, so they ask ?s which mean parchar of sikhi is happening,

I rmeebr my frend telling me a sikh philosopher said bibya back in the day use to wear dastars but when mughal attacks and other attacks on the sikh religion were happening bibya stopped tying dastars to blend in with the crowd for their own safety, after that with a mix of punjabi culture it kinda just faded and it was very uncommon for bibya to wear dastars, i was told that at one point at akal takhat sahib that bibya we suppose to tie dastars if they wanted to take amrit,

i think we should encourage bibiya to tie dastars!

lets not get into the negatives of I SAW A BIBI THAT TIES A DASTAR AND SHE DOES THIS, THAT BLAH BLAH, lets be positive and pray for the chardi kala of the panth

AKAAL HI AKAAAAAAAAL

wjkk wjkf

i appreciate you have started this as a discussion however my 2 pennies thought....

we keep telling our youth to get into sikhi...when they do and wear a dastaar we have silly threads like this...

no doubt we will get some bibiya reading this and getting paranoid.

bhul chuk maaf

I dont know if its just me but recently ive noticed a lot of bibia starting to wear dastaara?

Do you think it has become an fashion statement or item for that matter?

Those that wear a Dastaar 99.99% of the time are wearing it because it's Satguru Sri Guru GObind SIngh Sahib ji's crown.

Do you think bibi now wear it to show that they are 'religious'.....or that they feel inferior compared to another amritdhari bibi who wears one and hence start to wear one for that matter?

When someone does something good, let's grab our sticks and beat them down. Where is this coming from. That 0.01% that do it for some holy status are the same other way around. Those girls that cut their hair, spend hundreds of dollars on hair styles a month are thinking they are really holy from the inside aswell, but I don't have to wear the Bana. Only difference is that these individuals are in the majority, 95%. So instead of picking on 0.01%, let's discuss something that will significantly change peoples live positively.

And those that feel inferior without the Dastaar, are again in the 0.01% and they will get the courage from Gurbani to not feel inferior and wear it cuz it is the Satguru's crown and will wear it proud.

Is it just a phase or a current trend?

It's Satguru's kirpa

What is the history of bibia wearin dastaara?

opinions anyone....?.....Please discuss smile.gif

Woman wore Dastaars just like men and I'm glad sisters are starting to wear it again. They are Sikhs aswell and if they don't wear a Dastaar then how will anyone know they are Sikhs. When women take Amrit they also get a kirpan, not a hair sytling kit and make up.

Anyone that goes to university knows you can't tell anymore who is who. h/she could be christian, jew, muslim, buddhist, atheist, Hindu, etc, etc. All the sheep(hair cut people) look the same and could be anything, but when you see a Dastaar in the crowd, you know it's a Sikh, on the way to be a Chardikala singh or Singhni or is a Chardikala SIngh or Singhni and their Darshan just lights up everyones life.

For Sikhs you don't even have to say a word, your presence should speak loud and clear.