Wearing Turbon As Well As Taking Chuni On Head

Guest gupt

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

b Posted Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Could someone explain why wearing a chunni gives a humble look? I don't quite understand.

Frankly, chunni over keski gives a feminine look as compared to tomboy one.

As for humble look, wearing a Hazooria is a sign of humility.

So i think, chunni serves the same purpose for women if worn along with keski.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Some women make a dastaar alone into a fashion statement, now are we going to condemn sisters from wearing a Dastaar.

PLZ clear this sentence briefly.I haven't understood what u r talking about?

BUL CHUK MAFA!

I am saying her way of life does not match the identity(the Khalsa identity) she adorns. What i am going to say next is a really rare case, so people don't need to make it sound like.... or ever think all sisters are like this or even majority are. Have heard that they just use it as modeling gig, go to clubs and indulge in the whole club seen, which are completely manmat places. Know more, but let's just say their actions don't match at all what is on their head Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji's crown.

Guest There is only One

*mod edit: personal comments removed*

what is wrong with people on this forum, this is the second thread, attacking bibiya wearin a dastar. if it is a mnority who do bad or fashion or wateva u call it then why make it a major issue.

i think if a mona male is allowed to take a step to wearing a dastar, a women can also........ even if someone is only taking a tiny step and wants to wear a dastar then its fine, sikhi is a personal commitment to Maharaj first.....

we are cannot control or direct someones actions according to what we think, and we cannot tell someone to not wear a dastar if in our eyes they are not ready.

why is the attention being brought to a minority of bibiya who wear a dastar for 'fashion,' why dont you high light the 1000's of men in punjab and the rest of the world who wear dastar and bring shame on Maharaj, those 'keshdharis' who drink alcohol and eat maas. or those who commit such horrendous crimes!

With gurus kirpa we will one day become true Sikhs if we follow Gurus Hukam, but in one way or another we all hide behind our ‘image’ one way or another while commit sins whether its through action or thought…………… I think its plain wrong to stereo type or certainly this is the beginning of stereotyping.

Its absolutely un necessary especially when we need to get the youth into sikhi. We need to help and inspire our youth, okay some are further away from sikhi n some are closer , some youth make mistakes, and some simply don’t see it your way. It is our responsibility to work on that, problems have always been here in one form or another. But we are not in a position to judge, and I think we need to fear the consequences of what we write , even if it is on the net.

WAHEGURU JI..............I WEAR A CHUNNI SOMETIMES BUT ONLY WITH SUIT

I DONT KNOW Y BUT MY MOM SAYS THAT IN PUNJABI CULTURE ITS CONSIDERED WRONG IF A GIRL DOESNT HAVE A CHUNNI

SOMETIMES I WRAP IT AROUND MY NECK

AND SOMETIMES OVER MY DASTAR

BUT IF IM WEARING JEANS OR ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES PUNJABI CLOTES TO GURUDWARA OR AT HOME THEN I DONT USE THE CHUNNI

TO BE FRANK IN JEANS THE CHUNNI LOOKS WEIRD CUASE IT LOOKS HIJABI

ANYWAYS LIVE AND LET LIVE HUNA

It basically does not matter, everyone has different styles of tying dastar sum bibya wear a chunni sum dont,,

But u can judge a bibi and say the one with the chunnis more humble,, the one that has gareebi in her heart has Gurus bani inside her is the "Apas ko jo janai neecha so-oo ganeeay sabh tey oocha||"

its basicaly bout taste,

i feel to girly if i wear a chunni on my dastar, i like chunni having the in my neck,, Chunni is important as u wear it around ur neck or even wear it like a shaal covering ur body, When sumone sees a bibi with a dastar they look at her dastar and they are uplifted, but if bibya wear low neck and showy clothes then men have a problem controlling their eyes and they fall too lower levels of their chakras

When sumone looks a bibi they should look at her thinking this is Guru Gobind Singh jis daughter, this is my sister

If u cant look at her that way, dont bother looking its just adding mayl onto ur eyes, because u are looking thru ur vikaars--vikaar dristi--looking at the opposite sex with kaami thoughts,

that just kills ur soul, so we have to fall at maharajs feet and ask for forgiveness becuase we are kaljugs kaami jeevs and we have no self discpline,

sab avgun mai gun neyhee koe

the main thing is cover ur head, doesnt matter what khalsa colour u tie or what style u tie, it should last the whole day end of story

It basically does not matter, everyone has different styles of tying dastar sum bibya wear a chunni sum dont,,

But u can judge a bibi and say the one with the chunnis more humble,, the one that has gareebi in her heart has Gurus bani inside her is the "Apas ko jo janai neecha so-oo ganeeay sabh tey oocha||"

its basicaly bout taste,

i feel to girly if i wear a chunni on my dastar, i like chunni having the in my neck,, Chunni is important as u wear it around ur neck or even wear it like a shaal covering ur body, When sumone sees a bibi with a dastar they look at her dastar and they are uplifted, but if bibya wear low neck and showy clothes then men have a problem controlling their eyes and they fall too lower levels of their chakras

When sumone looks a bibi they should look at her thinking this is Guru Gobind Singh jis daughter, this is my sister

If u cant look at her that way, dont bother looking its just adding mayl onto ur eyes, because u are looking thru ur vikaars--vikaar dristi--looking at the opposite sex with kaami thoughts,

that just kills ur soul, so we have to fall at maharajs feet and ask for forgiveness becuase we are kaljugs kaami jeevs and we have no self discpline,

sab avgun mai gun neyhee koe

the main thing is cover ur head, doesnt matter what khalsa colour u tie or what style u tie, it should last the whole day end of story

I completely agree with you.

Men also wear shaal from time to time and some even wear it over their head. I guess those that think chunni is bad are going to condemn a man from wearing a shaal aswell over their dastar.

What are we going to do with these fashion fanatics spending all that time trying to be modest as they can, not trying to make anyone get thoughts of maya. If I was a judge i would give all of you capital punishment. No worry one day, your time will come.tongue.gif

Men and women that wear a shaal or chunni for fashion, but are letting everything hang out should be given siropa for their great characters.laugh.giflaugh.gif DOn't worry if a Chardikala Singh gives you a mean eye for treating it as fashion just tell him your holy from the inside and you read Japji Sahib every morning and on ang sung 4 they are not talking about me, only the inside countslaugh.giftongue.gif