Soooo Depressed!1!

Guest help

HJK0102 jee,

Sooner or later, you will need to be honest and upfront about this whole thing to your family. Bottom line is you are an adult and no one has the right to force you into anything. A family is there to be supportive and only advice you from doing things that can destroy your future happiness. You can use the softy softy approach going through relatives or just phone your mom and tell her. As you said you have a degree, are educated and work in the NHS, so as a good person you will need to be honest about your life partner choice. Parents have a way of getting shocked when things dont go according to their 'plan' but also a big big heart to absorb that shock. You can go to a gurudwara and bow before Gurujee to give you strength and boldness and guidance to be honest, and help you before you make that phone call. Your family may accept your decision and support you, or ask you to go do your own thing and leave them alone and forgive you many years later. You have to be prepared for this for the sake of love. That would be my advice at a human, multicultural level.

Now, I'll talk on a Sikhi level. From a Sikhi standpoint, its necessary that any person considering themselves a Sikh, find the purpose of life, and guidance for life and lifestyle choices according to the teachings of Sikhism. Likewise, for one's marital partner to be a Sikh and to bring up kids according to Sikhi lifestyle and philosophy. Its very very sad whenever i come across mixed race marriages where the partner's athiest or other religious beliefs weakens a person's love for Sikhi and the children are non Sikhs or very lukewarm. As a daughter of Gurujee, your focus has to be to be an inspiring loving woman who focusses on keeping her home as a Sikh home where her husband, herself and their kids are all following the glorious wonderful blessed path of Sikhism, where there is beautiful continous kirtan and simran in the house and the family goes lovingly to gurudwara together to do sewa and satsang. This is the ideal you want to reach as a Sikh woman, so do consider helping this man to become a baptised Sikh asap, so you can live as 2 married Sikhs supporting each other in Sikhi.

A Sikh lives for no other purpose but for the sake of the gloryand majesty of Gurujee. Husbands, wifes, and all the other material comforts are just gifts from God, but a Sikh lives for something much more higher i.e a Sikh lives to serve Gurujee, to love and to worship Gurujee and bring Sikhi to this sad unhappy world.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Humkire

Thank you for your very kind reply and advice. Yes, you are right about being honest i'l definately think about it and will start to pray more each day for God to give me strength and guidance and courage.

All the happiness and best wishes to you and everyone.

Kindest regards

HKJ x

PS *HAPPY VAISAKHI TO ALL OF YOU* may God bring you a life full of happiness and Joy smile.gif